What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After it enters the competition how long do you think can they win the premiership

DIEHARD

----
Maybe 4-5 years in, once the Queensland talent start coming through the ranks and when Tim Smith comes home. ;-)

We'll be finalists first year though! :D

GO THE GOLD COAST TITANIC STINGING PIRATES!

DIEHARD said:
Maybe 4-5 years in, once the Queensland talent start coming through the ranks and when Tim Smith comes home. ;-)

Timmy's Staying this side of the Boarder.

Little do you know but we have him locked up in a room between training session and game time, He sits and watches hours apon hours of eels tapes.

We will brainwash this Gold Coast Thing out of him.

DIEHARD

----
Kingytek said:
2007, it was going to be 2006 but the nrl said that would be too obvious.

Better 2007 with a new stadium at Robina. (For 2008)

Than 2006 playing in a box of sh*t forever (Cararra)!

We would have never gotten the new stadium if the NRL didn't bugger around for an extra year.

Never ever...

dinghydi

Juniors
DIEHARD said:

Whatever you're on, try and stay near a toilet when you take it, Bruce. Big Stinking pirates ?

woodgers

Bench
Hopefully the premiership won't take half as long to come as I just took reading the title of this thread.

Inferno

Coach
***MH*** said:
they'll win before the sharks do....

My thoughts exactly as soon as I read the title.

I'd like to see more than 4 players before I start predicting when they will win.

dinghydi

Juniors
You're right Inferno ..Three or four players dont win the premiership. But the Gold Coast have the money and lifestyle and location to attract good established players, a good breeding ground for local up and comers and they supply an alternative to the Broncos monopoly of the area for players wanting to stay in QLD.I think its reasonable to expect Finals success at least by second year And the standard quote of players and coaches is always "we just want to get to the finals, Once we get there Anything can Happen "or Words to that effect.Anyway in the First year Ill be Ecstatic if they beet Broncos ,and/or St George,and/or Manly , And /or Canterbury.Just one win out of that lot would be great... anything more a Bonus!!

Jordan

Juniors
I'd say 10-15 years... They'll probably get some early success with some of the players they'll attract, but I don't think they'll be premiership material in the first few years. Most new clubs tend to struggle for a while (just look at the Cowboys, Warriors and Souths are still struggling since coming back into the competition)...

But you never know...they could do what the Storm did and win the comp after a couple of years.. That's a pretty big ask though obviously..

It depends on who gets signed. Got no doubt they will be competitive but I think realistically, looking at the Warriors and the Cowboys will show how progress happens. I think the Gold Coast will become a force quicker than the Cowboys did, mainly because the Cowboys didn't have 2 internationals signed and a dally m winner in their first 3 signings. Quality players attract other quality players.

Jordan

Juniors
I guess it also depends on the management and coaching staff as well. Had the Cowboys have had Graeme Murray, Billy Johnstone, Peter Parr, Denis Keefe etc from day 1, it wouldn't have taken them 10 years to be competitive.

Redback71

First Grade
with team where getting id expect semis in the first two years top 4 within 3 years and grandfinal within 4 or 5 years.

Latest posts