What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After the Game on Sunday

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i wonder if we'll even get an announcemnt about the rookie of the year :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
The lap of honour was organised for after the game.

4.35pm NRL finishes (Players to remain on field)
Wrap up score, music
4.38pm Player do lap of honour to thank the crowd Player interaction with fans

As to why it didn't happen - I can only put it down to disappointment. The boys pretty much came back to the club, ate and left.

Just on this there is a pretty intersting article in the latest Inside Sport about this very issue (well this forms one part of it) regarding loyalty and how that is perceived by fans, does passion really come into the calculation of how a side plays or indeed is that the dominating factor of one team performing better than the other, etc.

Not a bad read if you can get hold if it.

bartman

Immortal
JessEel said:
I can't believe it wasn't announced. Every year I can remember it's been announced during half time in reserve grade at the final home game of the competition rounds. That's got nothing to do with whether the first grade team wins/earns a home semi or not.

eelz47

Coach
i refused to move from my seat yesterday. i didnt want to leave:(

but i am dissapointed

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At fulltime yesterday we had security guards come up and instruct us to get out - WTF? I've never encountered that in my 10-15 years of attending league games.

Hellsy

Immortal
The Colonel said:
As to why it didn't happen - I can only put it down to disappointment. The boys pretty much came back to the club, ate and left.

The fans were disappointed at the loss too.... but for them to be allowed to walk off made it even more disappointing.

Other teams lost in their last home game and they were still big enough to stay on the field and recieve the tribute they so deserve

Nikki

Coach
JessEel said:

Either pay $200+ for it to be announced at the Presentation Dinner or wait til you get your Footy Members book at the end of the year (which as of next year their gunna slug you and extra $10 for..

But this definately has to be addressed.. We are treated like absolute chumps by those players at times, and treated as walking wallets by our club!

I got a reply to my email about this. I can't help feeling it was a little condescending in tone.But maybe Im a cynic lol...better check back in on my oceangrams LOL (Kerry-Anne)

Dear Kerry-Anne,

Thank you for your email and feedback regarding the game on Sunday.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the players and club that more was not done to acknowledge the loyal supporters such as yourself after the game. There is no excuse for the crowd not to be acknowledged after the game, especially as it was the last home game for 2006. I can only assume that the players were a little shell shocked after the game at the outcome and wanted to refocus for the coming finals campaign. They would never intentionally disrespect their supporters as they greatly appreciated the support they receive each week. They really want to give their supporters something to be proud of in the finals campaign and probably didn’t rally comprehend that it was the last game to be played at home this year as they are so focused on what is ahead. As I said, this is no excuse, but the players would never intentionally snub their supporters as they are just not that type of team.

As for security asking you to leave the Stadium moments after the game, I will be following this up with the Stadium (who contract the security personnel) and asking for an explanation as to why this is the case. I would expect security to be more accommodating with our supporters and allow for time to finish what you had planned before advising that the Stadium needed to close. There were plenty of supporters hanging around after the game and more leniency should be shown to ensure that all in attendance had the best day possible.

We hope to be celebrating a successful finals campaign with you in the coming weeks and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Jodie Hawkins

Hellsy

Immortal
Well it is an alright response, doesnt excuse the lack of acknowledgement throughout the year though.
And we were disappointed as well, but we wanted to all show them that we were still behind them. Cant do that if they walk off. Besides other teams were able to stay and thank their fans, and their clubs thanked them

Suitman

Post Whore
It all comes down to management.

I can understand that the players were really down about the result, and all they wanted to do was get into the dressing room.
So be it.
Someone in the organisation should have taken the reigns, and told them to get their sorry arses back onto the field. There should also have been some recognition to the players that are leaving the club.
Very poor form indeed.

Just on that response - it's more than you would have got from DK.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
:LOL: :LOL: Yeah, thats why I said it was an alright response :LOL: :LOL:

DK would have said something like 'Sorry' or 'The players decided' and that would have been all!!

I agree with you Suity on the Management thing, and it WAS DF's call to not do the Rookie of the Year award too

Utey

Coach
I was disappointed, but thats the way it goes. TBH I think some ppl make too big a deal out of these things. Lighten up. The boys got hammered.

Utey

Coach
I think its a bonus seeing them do any of this stuff. Iam there to watch them play footy.

But each to their own.

Hellsy

Immortal
Oh absolutely, but for those that like just a little more we are just about the worst club for it.

To say that some ppl make too big a deal out of these things. Is not fair though as it is what some people like