What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Akarika Dawn Joins USA team

welshmagpie

Juniors
Canada wont play a USARL side since they are not officially recognised and thus matches don't go towards ranking.

Aren't Canada playing the RAF / Royal Navy or someone like that Dru?? Surely that's as good and as useful as playing a USARL select

Reborned

Juniors
Does anyone have an email address for someone at the RLIF? This article is clear and undeniable proof that the AMNRL are discriminating against players based on one man's personal agenda (not even an American man to boot). There is absolutely no excuse for the RLIF not to act now.

Is there a RLIF rule against players from rebel competitions, which aren't recognised by the RLIF, playing for national sides?

mother rucker

Juniors
national team

(nationals plural )adjNational means relating to the whole of a country or nation rather than to part of it or to other nations.

team n-count-coll A team is a group of people who play a particular sport or game together against other similar groups of people

This is the definition of National and Team according to the English dictionary. This shows that the Tomahawks are NOT a national team. There are laws in the USA and other countries protecting players against discrimination.

Australia- Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)

22- Clubs
(1) It is unlawful for a club, the committee of management of a club or
a member of the committee of management of a club to discriminate
against a person who is not a member of the club—
(a) by failing to accept the person’s application for membership;
or
(b) in the terms or conditions on which the club is prepared to
admit the person to membership.
Note The Legislation Act, dict, pt 1 defines fail to include refuse.
(2) It is unlawful for a club, the committee of management of a club or
a member of the committee of management of a club to discriminate
against a member of the club—
(a) in the terms or conditions of membership that are afforded to
the member; or
(b) by failing to accept the member’s application for a particular
class or type of membership; or

This "NATIONAL" team should not be allowed to represent the USA

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Is there a RLIF rule against players from rebel competitions, which aren't recognised by the RLIF, playing for national sides?
There's no such thing as a 'recognised competition'. The AMNRL is not a 'recognised competition', they aren't even listed as RLIF members and they aren't members of any other regional body so I'm not even sure how they were allowed to participate in the World Cup Qualifiers.

The RLIF and the AMNRL are the two biggest embarrassments in world rugby league.

druzik

Juniors
Aren't Canada playing the RAF / Royal Navy or someone like that Dru?? Surely that's as good and as useful as playing a USARL select

Yes, its a one off game that had committed to a while back, and that they will use it as their only warm up match. The rest they want proper internationals that count towards rankings.

mother rucker

Juniors
I heard he is in Houston now. No Rugby league out there so its not really hurting any USARL team.

If the AMNRL are willing to pay for his flights and that out to matches then good on him I say.

It hurts the Axemen whom he has been playing for. And played for last season from Houston.

On that note funny that he dosen't have a cap. But he leaves the Axemen and USARL, so now he is better then all the other USARL players not getting selected?

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Both Kenny Britt and Akarika Dawn talked to me about their desire to considered for the National Team. As with Apple Pope, and any player from the Axemen, I told them I support any player who has the opportunity to play for their country and I personally told they can call me anytime for advice or to let me know if there is anything I can do.
With that being said, both were told that playing for the Axemen or any USARL Team would mean they would not be considered, and instead they must commit to an AMNRL team for at least ONE (1) game in 2012. For the record, Apple Pope did not play a single domestic RL Game in 2011 and he was still able play for, and to keep the Captaincy of the National Team

spinnerhowland

Juniors
It hurts the Axemen whom he has been playing for. And played for last season from Houston.

On that note funny that he dosen't have a cap. But he leaves the Axemen and USARL, so now he is better then all the other USARL players not getting selected?

The Axemen covered all travel and costs for Akarika Dawn for the Axemen in 2011 even though he was living in Houston. He made practice sessions and was given a training routine for those times he could not be with the team. He is great player, a great Axemen, a great person, and I sincerely hope he gets the chance to play for the USA.

spooky

Juniors
Yes, its a one off game that had committed to a while back, and that they will use it as their only warm up match. The rest they want proper internationals that count towards rankings.

Never say never mate. I get the impression that Canada would be willing to play pretty much anyone if it helps them progress the game here. A match against a US side (any US side) is always going to be a good for them.

amnrlfan

Juniors
What I want to know is what Spinner is feeding the Axemen players seems that they are the ones getting selected by Niu or whomever. Spinner must have something special down in the sunshine state. Keep it Up ! Soon they might have to call it the US Axemen squad. ;-)

Goddo

Bench
What I want to know is what Spinner is feeding the Axemen players seems that they are the ones getting selected by Niu or whomever. Spinner must have something special down in the sunshine state. Keep it Up ! Soon they might have to call it the US Axemen squad. ;-)

Unlike the imaginary AMNRL clubs, Spinner has actually built a developmental structure to cultivate and develop tallent. Something Nui wouldn't understand.

Reborned

Juniors
There's no such thing as a 'recognised competition'. The AMNRL is not a 'recognised competition', they aren't even listed as RLIF members and they aren't members of any other regional body so I'm not even sure how they were allowed to participate in the World Cup Qualifiers.

The RLIF and the AMNRL are the two biggest embarrassments in world rugby league.

How are they then ranked on the RLIF World rankings? A nation can not be ranked on the RLIF World Rankings if no domestic competition is recognized.The AMNRL website also states that the AMNRL is officially recognized by the RLIF.

joshreading

Staff member
I think the most telling thing here is that Akarika has joined the "USA team", sounds like a guaranteed spot essentially.

Does not need to play for any other team. Frankly has to be considered a level of comedy. Akarika would be a much better player if he turned out for Jax and then USA but don't worry about that he does not need regular game time. Ideas like that are for where people take match fitness and skill application seriously. I hear Tebow is looking for a game, he does not really know what the rules are but surely it should work.

deluded pom?

Coach
Dawn will get the summer games but come the WC he'll probably be put on the back burner for the heritage players.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Dawn will get the summer games but come the WC he'll probably be put on the back burner for the heritage players.

You are spot on! As much as it sucks that this kind of thing is happening, and yes it is discrimination, and yes the AMNRL domestic comp is not recognised by the RLIF ... the truth is it won't really matter when the world cup comes round. There was only what? 3 or 4 domestic players in the tomahawks team in the qualifiers. Do you think this number will increase or decrease in the actual world cup? If a single domestic player gets to start a match in the world cup, they are doing really well! I think Akarika Dawn will make the squad, travel to England for the WC, but will struggle to get a mere 10 minutes game time.
Players like Curtis Cunz have been sucking niu off for years and struggled to get a run at all in the qualifiers, so dawn, o'malveney, britt etc have little chance.

Evil Homer

Staff member
How are they then ranked on the RLIF World rankings? A nation can not be ranked on the RLIF World Rankings if no domestic competition is recognized.The AMNRL website also states that the AMNRL is officially recognized by the RLIF.
In case you aren't aware, the RLIF is a shambles of an oranization with no official rules or structure of any kind. They do not have a process of 'recognizing competitions', nor is there any logic behind virtually anything they do. As for the AMNRL website - :lol:

In case you aren't aware, the RLIF is a shambles of an oranization with no official rules or structure of any kind. They do not have a process of 'recognizing competitions', nor is there any logic behind virtually anything they do. As for the AMNRL website - :lol:

Of course the heritage players will be selected. What is so unusual about that. Do you think Guido Guiseppio will hold the Italian fullback position ahead of Anthony Minichello.

amnrlfan

Juniors
Players like Curtis Cunz have been sucking niu off for years and struggled to get a run at all in the qualifiers, so dawn, o'malveney, britt etc have little chance.

This is probably true which is a shame. Wonder if the same goes for Apple Pope, wonder if Niu is going to give him the Capt. when the time comes ?

YellowJacket

Juniors
Just shaking my head. There's nothing I can say. However, if he is in Houston then I will relish the opportunity to speak with him personally.

Latest posts