What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Al-Qaeda Target The Premiership

Macca_

Coach
Sh*t hey!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1410_al_qaeda_target_football.shtml

AL-QAEDA TARGET THE PREMIERSHIP
By Sophy Ridge

AL-QAEDA terrorists are plotting to bomb a Premiership football game LIVE on British TV.
A shock new government report reveals Osama bin Laden's fanatics are targeting top soccer stadiums packed with thousands of fans.

They know the awful sight of grounds like Chelsea's Stamford Bridge or Manchester United's Old Trafford in flames will flash around the world just like the 9/11 Twin Towers outrage.

The chilling review by Homeland Security Minister Lord West will reveal that despite increased anti-terror spending there are still massive gaps in our defences that Britain's enemies are determined to exploit. As well as soccer clubs, the experts identify other "soft targets" such as Britain's biggest shopping centre, BLUEWATER in Kent, and the vast BACTON GAS TERMINAL in Norfolk.

A top-placed security source, who contributed to Lord West's report, revealed:
"We have concrete intelligence that al-Qaeda is planning an attack that would be seen live on television.

"We understand they're targeting a Premiership stadium, probably by a suicide pilot flying a light aircraft right into the stand while a match is being broadcast.

"Although protection is good at some stadiums it's nowhere near good enough at others."

And Patrick Mercer—the former Tory security spokesman brought in to advise Prime Minister Gordon Brown—said: "This is a terrorist's dream—an iconic target being attacked with big casualties and real-time worldwide coverage.

"It doesn't get any better than that for our enemies."

The new alert follows Metropolitan Police chief Sir Ian Blair's grim warning that the number of terrorist plots in the UK is "mounting".

Our source added: "There are major public places which are incredibly vulnerable. There is virtually no protection at the Bluewater shopping centre. It's wide open for an attack.
"And the protection at Bacton is not ideal, although it has been improved by putting armed Ministry of Defence police there."

Cops have already foiled one attempt to bomb Bluewater, with one terrorist jailed for 40 years over a plot to use limousines packed with lethal gas canisters.
Lord West's report, due to be handed to ministers, is part of the government's counter-terrorism strategy, Project Contest.

Last week Premier Gordon Brown announced a new counter-terrorism budget and pledged £3.5 billion to be spent on national security over the next three years.
That's three times what was provided at the time of the New York World Trade Center attack in 2001.

But our security source insisted that much of the increased cash already provided has
been misspent. While money has been splashed out on headline-grabbing initiatives such as increasing the number of spies to gather intelligence, the government has not concentrated on SECURING the UK's vulnerable targets.

Our insider said: "This work is long overdue.

"It should have been done four or five years ago. But at least the government is now serious and is taking action.

"Real improvements have been made to protect our key buildings against attack by vehicles.

"But there's a major weakness in that they're still vulnerable to attack by suicide bombers on foot or on motorbike, putting thousands at risk."

wasn't there a threat a liverpool game? i remember the build up and i watched the game to see if anything could happen. i can't really think of much scarrier things than watching a game of football and then witnessing the stadium blown into the next lifetime on live television. imagine 50-75 thousand spectators dead, world renowned players ... ah f**k these bastards should stick to camel sex and piss off and leave the rest of us in peace

why does bin laden keep making these claims, where the f**k is he, in some cave somewhere. its all about making people afraid to live their lives. i doubt a stadium will be bombed

NK Arsenal

Juniors
f**k off Osama, why don't you just blow up yourself.
I never knew about them trying to bomb that place in Kent. It is a scary thought for me, because me uncle, aunty and two cousins on my mums side used to live in Kent until they moved here last year.

Re: Camel sex :lol:

Dragooner

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
these bastards should stick to camel sex

:lol: :lol: Haha!

Balaklava - $20
Replacing Stamford Bridge - 1 billion pounds (aprox.)
The amount Roman needs to spend on rebuilding his team - 5 billion pounds
Toney at his finest - Priceless

Some people Osama can't scare the sh*t out of...for everything else, there's Mastercard.

But seriously...f*ck off Osama. If they bomb the Emirates or a game that the Gunners are playing in society won't be scared of Osama any more...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
OBL is assumed dead for about a year or so, no idea who could be behind this

the article says terrorists, no mention of him being behind it

Macca_

Coach
SSR_Qld said:
The Arsenal fans amongst us have nothing to fear as OBL is an Arsenal fan.
Tis true. Well apparently anyway.

He is of course barred from Arsenal games :crazy: . Word has it that he did in fact attend some matches at Highbury in the 1990's. Not sure how correct that is.

But if it is true, Emirates might just be safe.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
arsenal will be the first to go under al qaeda's martyr policy
you're just saying that because you know the arsenal brigade won't be happy :lol:

i think osama bin laden al-qaeda terrorist bang bang nuclear bomb bomb shooter sniper taliban kabul rip sadamm hussein you will be forever mised in our hearts fc will be first ;-)

just take whitney houston to games. apparently he is so smitten with her that he once almost succeeded in a plot to kill bobby brown lol