What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alan Tongue Makes All Stars Team!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Automatic inclusions:

Darren Lockyer, Benji Marshall, Cameron Smith, Adam Blair

Fans selections*:

Billy Slater (Storm)
Israel Folau (Broncos)
Manu Vatuvei (Warriors)
Dave Taylor (Rabbitohs)
Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles)
Jarryd Hayne (Eels)
Luke O’Donnell (Cowboys)
Kurt Gidley (Knights)
Anthony Tupou (Sharks)
Alan Tongue (Raiders)
Luke Bailey (Titans)
Josh Morris (Bulldogs)

*The final four representatives will be announced today at 12pm on NRL.com.

Cool stuff! :)

He represents everything about Canberra Raiders. Well done Tonguey.

I assume he will be 100% fit from his wrist injury.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I thought Campo was a big shot considering its all about popularity, looks like his captaincy and awesome ranga locks got him the job!

Doug2234

First Grade
He wears his heart on his sleave and deserves his place in the side.

Tough mother f**ker

Green Evil

Juniors
There is an article of foxsports.com stating that Tongue has pulled out of the game with a recurrence of his wrist injury. Apparently Wayne Bennett is looking at his replacement options as Dave Taylor and Gareth Ellis have pulled out as well. Should be interesting to see who gets the call up!

aussies1st

Staff member
Shillington is the replacement.
JUST hours after David Shillington was named in the NRL All Stars team, the trash talk had already started with his Canberra Raiders teammate Tom Learoyd-Lahrs.

The two hulking forwards are eyeing each other off for an explosive clash in the exhibition match at Skilled Park on the Gold Coast on Saturday.

Shillington was called into the NRL All Stars squad last Friday after a wrist injury forced Raiders skipper Alan Tongue to withdraw.

Learoyd-Lahrs as well as fellow Canberra players Travis Waddell and Joel Thompson will line up for the Indigenous All Stars.

It sets the platform for two of the Raiders' biggest players to go head to head.

And, according to Shillington, neither will be holding back.

''It will be good to go up against blokes like Tommy Learoyd-Lahrs, we've been doing a bit of trash talking [yesterday],'' Shillington said.

''We get along well and I didn't really get to clash with him too much in the State of Origin [last year] because we were on at different times.

''But I'm sure we'll see each other this weekend, it's not so much rivalry, just friendly fire and neither of us will take a backwards step.

''We're both big blokes and we're both confident we can take down each other. We were just saying, 'from now on we're not mates', and that sort of stuff so I'm looking forward to it.''

Rugby league fans voted for their favourite players from each club who were then selected in the All Stars team.

Tongue was the most popular Canberra player with Shillington, Terry Campese and Joel Monaghan not far behind.

Injuries have forced withdrawals in both teams and Shillington was one of three changes to the NRL All Stars side.

English forward Sam Burgess replaced David Taylor while Robbie Farah was called up to play in Gareth Ellis's absence.

For Shillington, it continues his rise through the representative ranks having already played for Australia and Queensland.

Wayne Bennett will coach the NRL All Stars and Shillington said he was keen to learn as much as he could from his week in camp.

''It's a shame Tonguey's not getting a game, he's the heart and soul of the Raiders and it would have been nice for him to get some time in the spotlight,'' Shillington said.

''I reckon he's not that far off getting a big representative start ... but I'm happy to be in there and excited to rub shoulders with all those rep players.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...ue/shillington-to-kick-up-a-fuss/1744382.aspx

Latest posts