What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ali Lautiti

Disco

Bench
Heard a rumour that he is set to walk out on the club????

Probably bullsh*t but has anyone heard anything

Disco

Bench
Ha just answered my own question

Ali leaving Warriors
20 April 2004

Star Warriors forward Ali Lauiti'iti released from his contract and is set to leave the club by the end of the week

Mick Watson - Warriors General Manager
Star Warriors forward Ali Lauiti'iti is set to leave the club by the end of the week.

It is understood Lauiti'iti has been released from his contract with the struggling NRL outfit and may have played his last match for the club.

Lauiti'iti will be in hot demand across the Tasman and from big money offers in the UK.

Warriors CEO Mick Watson is currently unavailable for comment - he is on his way to Australia.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Aparently it's happened?

rleague.com and rugby league NZ are reporting it.
But I wont believe it until I hear something from the Warriors or Ali himself.

JoeD

First Grade
Radio sport are reporting it too.

Well, the rumours turned out to be true. Obviously there is something hugely wrong at the warriors. Where will Ali go? If he really is unhappy it is better that he goes however if he does go to another club and returns to good form quickly then it will look even worse for the warriors. The worry is that the players are having a problem with DA which is bad enough without the fact that he is the national coach as well. We have Stacy not wanting to play for the kiwis, Ali obviously not happy, Utai not being selected because of an 'attitudeproblem'. This is not good for the warriors or the kiwis.

That Guy

Juniors
Yeah, just heard it on Radio Sport. This is a huge blow for the Warriors with one of our best players now gone. Just further conformation that things are not right within the club.

bayrep

Juniors
I cant believe it!

What has gone majorly wrong for a DA to be a coach that playrs cant stand over night ?

What has gone wrong when your major players start leaveing ?

Obviuosly the communication has broken down between players and managment and is creating a snow ball effect with small issues becoming un resolvable that players have to start leaving.

I cant believe that management have let Ali go! bad move Mick!

kiwi_man

Juniors
yeah 2004 is a year to forget and unfourtunately if these dramas are not sorted out soon then the warriors are going to have a long long year :cry: :(

ozbash

Referee
ali was sacked.
just saw that mongrel spiro tsiros crowing about it on the news.

who is next ?

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Mongrel?
A bot of an over exaggeration there ozbash.....
Did you hear why he was sacked?

"Getting to Grand Finals and Winning Premierships were no longer a priority"

What would you do if an employee of yours came up to you and said I don't want to leave but I don't want to do the job?

The Godfather

Juniors
tHe_MaC said:
What would you do if an employee of yours came up to you and said I don't want to leave but I don't want to do the job?

Promote them to middle-management where they will be out of the way of the productive employees

Iafeta

Referee
This straight out stinks. Ali Lauitiiti is part of the Warriors furniture, family even. Now it seems the family is falling apart. Maybe when Ali said his goals weren't the same as the clubs, a little bit of pyschological help could have been sought?

Ali is an absolute gentleman, a heck of a nice bloke, not only will I miss his on the field play, but just him. His personality. His attitude to those less fortunate was something to cheerish and be proud of.

If Ali stays within the NRL, he'll be another Joe Galavao. He will really, really, really hurt us. Make no bones about it, he's pure class when he's on and another regime will find that in him.

Remember our first ever finals appearance? Gone from the team that made the finals are Cleary, Carlaw, Tony, Campion, effectively Tookey, Swann, Death and now Lauitiiti. The family is falling apart at the seams.

Kia Kaha Ali Lauitiiti, god bless, the Warriors whanau is beginning to fall apart.

Iafeta

Referee
The story also is he has been OFFERED a release. Ali from all reports is in a state of shock and wasn't ready to leave as such.

I sincerely hope he takes the .5% chance and says to the Warriors he wants to be a Warrior and succeed. One thing I don't want is Ali not to be at Ericcson. He is family.

ozbash

Referee
in the words of spiro the dragon.

this is just a small part of the crap coming from the warriors office the last couple of weeks.

i,m not pointing the finger at anyone here but the club has been slightly haywire since mick watson was replaced as gen manager.

i dont think the new fella is cutting the mustard (to quote an ex member)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

That is the worst, worst, worst mission statement ever.

Thats a very good way to lose a lot of loyal support.

LeagueNut

First Grade
ozbash said:
in the words of spiro the dragon.

this is just a small part of the crap coming from the warriors office the last couple of weeks.
But that quote was Spiro repeating what Ali had told him, wasn't it??

It sounds like the senior boys have been given a kick up the bum, and most of them are pissed off - which explains the sour mood around the place. But Ali has taken it a step further with his above quote, and management have reacted just the way they should.

Iafeta

Referee
Or LeagueNut, treat it with the contempt the quote deserves and look more to the loyal service he has given to the Warriors.

Players go through phases, thats part of natural life. You can easily work on that psychologically. Demote the player to Bartercard etc. Releasing such a talented player who would be a valuable entity to the future of this club is just a reckless, emotional, and I think in my opinion irrational move. There's no question Ali had the wrong attitude there, but its an attitude that can change with encouragement and hard work.

Latest posts