What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All the best, Jamie Lyon.

newmanj

Juniors
I for one, would like to wish Jamie Lyon all the best in his current situation. Please do not write him off just yet, as there is more to the story than meets the eye. I believe he will be back, but not sure when. I am sure though, that he deserves our support at this time. He has earned it.

eelegant

Juniors
Show your support for Jamie.

Put this in your signature

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADVAhIVjOS068Lfh!rJYJ7zSDSQLb0QY7JrUl3YLMS!piBzv8F3TB3km!wI4JaWo*1m25AQY4kIOIZZwlRWza4TY0ZURwodkZexV5T8Kp0/jlyon.jpg?dc=4675463983501739010

Maroubra Eel

Coach
eelegant said:
Show your support for Jamie.

Put this in your signature

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADVAhIVjOS068Lfh!rJYJ7zSDSQLb0QY7JrUl3YLMS!piBzv8F3TB3km!wI4JaWo*1m25AQY4kIOIZZwlRWza4TY0ZURwodkZexV5T8Kp0/jlyon.jpg?dc=4675463983501739010
How do I do it?

Stagger eel

Staff member
You have to ask yourself this question, If fans and the club need Jamie more than what Jamie needs the club, should we hold him back? the simple answe to that is, no. Jamies current needs are more important than our needs for him being at the club. Thus we all wish him and his partner well and hopefully one day when the hunger and desire comes back we will welcome him back.

Jamie's talents are ireplaceble however as a member of the squad he is replaceable and I'm sure the person who ultimitely inherrits Michael Cronin's number three jersey will give his absolute all and we'll back him.In the meantime lets get behind these blokes on sunday as they try and get some pride back on the greatest jersey and club in the world

peace.

wittyz chick

Coach
copy the url and then in your sig just put

thats what I did

Eelectrica

Referee
Whatever the ultimate outcome of this is all the best to Jamie Lyon. If after some time away he decides to come back, then great, I eagerly look forward to his return. If on the other hand this really is it for good, then thanks for the memories may they live on forever and all the best in whatever it is he decides to do.

parra_princess

Juniors
I have to admit that since his announcement I have felt a range of emotions. My initial reaction was heart ache that he is lost forever. As i thought more it turned to frustration as to why he would turn his back on the Eels and Rugby League at such a time. Now I just see an absolute champion trying to figure out what he wants in life and Jamie I wish you all the best in what ever it is you choose to do.

Best of luck and thanks for the memories. I would like to congratulate Jamie on a wonderful career to date at such a young age. Jamie = champion :clap:

Hurriflatch

Referee
1st it isn't gurenteed that Lyon will retire
If the media was right with everything then

There would be 6 Bulldogs players behind bars
Hodges would be a Bronco
and thats just thing off the top of my head sure i'm missing a lot.

2nd the Eels won't allow Lyon to do a Walker if Lyon says he doesn't want to play for Parra then the Eels will give him a Conditional Release with the condition reading something like

"Pleyer, Jamie Lyon shall not play for another NRL club for the duration of his contract with the Parramatta Eels NRL club state"

Which by reports will keep Lyon out of the NRL until the 2007 season.

Souths were too dumb to add a similar clause on Walkers release

unlike the Dragons with Blacklock or what the Roosters would have done had hodges quit.

Hurriflatch

Referee
and it is debateable even given Lyon's talents that another club would sign a then 25 year old who hadn't played a game in 3 seasons.

Eelementary

Post Whore
At first I was ticked off - I thought he was going to do a Walker and join a successful club.

But now I just feel empty.

It will be very different without Jamie.

But I would like to wish him all the best.

Take care mate. Sort everything out and whether we see you in the number 3 jersey at Parramatta again or not, thanks for the memories and have a great time at whatever you do.

Latest posts