What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All This Contract Talk.

antonius

Coach
All this talk of re-signing players, and going into the market place for so and so, or such and such. Is IMO pipe dreaming people.The realality of the situation is this. We stand to lose some good First graders, some ordinary first graders, and some promising juniors, and gain maybe a 30 plus prop, and a one year winger (using us as a transit lounge). Other than those two, there are no rumours of us signing anyone else.It would seem to me that the original scenario given to Nuffy, and Mac at their meeting with Management a few weeks ago is in fact what we can expect. That is that there is no money to spend due to promised upgrades of current players contracts. It’s nice to dream about signing guys like Ross etc etc, but I think our team is going to be pretty much what we have now, with the possibilty of losing Simpson, Perry, and Abraham, Lets hope that one of those upgrades that Crowe spoke about is one for Simpson. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kidley was on an upgrade as well. I wonder how much influence Ricky Stuart had in Simpson being selected for origin this year? You have to admit it was a selection right out of left field.

RABK

Referee
It's just bullsh*t the way we are run.

A team like the roosters or the broncos, look how they are run and are so professional about re-signing players.

We release ten first graders, 4 of which are on good money and we can only afford a 31 year old prop and a bloke looking for a one year hotel???

It's a disgrace.

I'd be happy if we re-signed Perry, Abraham and Simpson then signed Carney and Davico. I am not happy to lose three of our best forwards.

Knight

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
It's just bullsh*t the way we are run.

A team like the roosters or the broncos, look how they are run and are so professional about re-signing players.

We release ten first graders, 4 of which are on good money and we can only afford a 31 year old prop and a bloke looking for a one year hotel???

It's a disgrace.

I'd be happy if we re-signed Perry, Abraham and Simpson then signed Carney and Davico. I am not happy to lose three of our best forwards.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I am f'ing sick of a f'ing management. Tahu and Kennedy we should have NEVER lost. And then they announce Reynoldson, who's proved to be nothing more than a sideline player. Thaiday was a good signing, but if they let Simpson go, god help them.

RABK

Referee
To be quite honest, perhaps were all over reacting with this whole Simpson deal.

It is probally nothing more then a $50,000 upgrade and perhaps something like a future captain clause in there. The only reason he hasn't agreed to new terms with us is because he is in camp with the blues....as soon as he gets back perhaps he will immediately sign the new deal.

Stranger

Coach
We had to let tahu go... he is a greedy pig but there is one thing hes not... a winger:rolleyes:

We should have keept kennedy at almost all cost.

Our just cant get over how sh*t our team is compared to your top teams and they are still recruiting big names.....

Yet we are stuck with duds and nevilles and signing jack sh*t its mind boggling!

antonius

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
To be quite honest, perhaps were all over reacting with this whole Simpson deal.

It is probally nothing more then a $50,000 upgrade and perhaps something like a future captain clause in there. The only reason he hasn't agreed to new terms with us is because he is in camp with the blues....as soon as he gets back perhaps he will immediately sign the new deal.
My only concern with this is . Why did Simpson make it public? is he softening us up for the news? He is signed till 2007, why would he make that clause public Knowledge if he wasn't looking to invoke it?

RABK

Referee
Well all you can say is surely the Admin aren't that dumb???

Perhaps were all in for a big suprise, we resign all the players we want and announce the signing of a couple of quality players.....

[-o<

RABK

Referee
antonius said:
My only concern with this is . Why did Simpson make it public? is he softening us up for the news? He is signed till 2007, why would he make that clause public Knowledge if he wasn't looking to invoke it?

Because if he obviously wants to get as much $$$ as possible. If he didn't make it public then we could probally get away with a $30,000 upgrade but by making it public he will attract a huge amount of interest hence requiring a upgrade of probally $80,000.

It's like Nuffy said, the once proud culture of loyalty and mateship is gone from this club....it's all about greed and $$$ for most of our current players.

Prove me wrong Simmo.....

Nuffy

Bench
Tony

Off course hes looking to activate it, its as simple as that, I'd suggest hes got a fair idea of what Reynoldson is earning and is pissed about it.

Why he was ever allowed a renegotiation clause is beyond me, IF you needed recognition of origin games played, then a automatic upgrade would have been the most appropriate option.

He wants CASH, another Knights player who's fixated by money. His manager will be fielding offers this morning, I'll be very surprised if he stays at Newcastle.

My warmest congratulations to the Knights board and admin for chalking up f**k up # 100 for the year. 2005 is turning out to be quite the year and we have more to come.

Guys I have to admit if I was simmo I'd be farely filthy with all that he offers the club watching a bloke like Joey get 280k more than him, his worth atleast another 30-50k atleast and good on him if he gets it.

Loyalty shouldnt come at short changing yourself, this is the real world.

RABK

Referee
Yeah i agree, Reynoldson been on $20,000 more then Simmo is nothing short of a disgrace and an insult to Simmo.

No one be bitter towards Simmo, he deserves a pretty big upgrade but this is probally just one of the upgrades that we were made aware of about a month ago....i'm hoping it will quickly be dealt with.

I am makiing a shirt with the knights logo on it....

"I SURVIVED SEASON 2005"

B-dos

Referee
I agree with antonious entirely. I will be very supprised if we sign any new, quality players. We will be very lucky to hold on to both Abes and Simpson. All this talk about other good players coming off contract means nothing the Knights because firslty we cannot afford to be competitive in the market and secondly i doubt most players would want to come to our club after our patheritc season on and off the field.

If the Knights do in fact lost both Simpson and Abraham i will be completley heartbroken. The NRL should not let our team self-destruct like we are. The Knights are a very valuable commodity for the NRL and something needs to be done to lift us out or our current state of sh!t. Our management has proven itself time and time again to be much less than adequate. Our club runs on a shoe-string budget and if something doesnt happen soon we will end up with no money, no players and no club.

I want to hear some words of encouragement to us supporters from the Knights management and players alike. I continue to hear calls to the fans to "stay loyal" and "stick with us". Well I think after our shocking season and the prospect of so-called 'loyal' players like Simpson and Abraham seriously considering deserting us, i believe the fans and supporters are entitled to some loyalty and support from the Knights management and players..

Stranger said:
We had to let tahu go... he is a greedy pig but there is one thing hes not... a winger:rolleyes:

We should have keept kennedy at almost all cost.

I agree, we had to let Tahu go, but i was devestated, and it's the eels, of all clubs it's the eels.

We soo shoulda kept BK, i was soo upset when i found out he left us for Manly.

I also wish Michael Ennis stayed, sure we have Bedsy but Michael Ennis is better then Quigs... What would be the best, if Michael Ennis was a utility.

*melliez*

Juniors
rock_on_knights said:
I also wish Michael Ennis stayed, sure we have Bedsy but Michael Ennis is better then Quigs... What would be the best, if Michael Ennis was a utility.

I agree completely. I believe Ennis leaving is going to hurt us a hell of a lot in the next year or so.

I believe he is starting to shine at the Dragons, and will only get better with age.

macavity

Referee
I think im gunna cry....
cry.gif

Dont forget BK kept sayin he was happy with our offer Im stayin,Im stayin. Then nah manly offerd me the same money but also a real estate deal so Im goin. Joey couldnt beleive it. BK stayin was a reason he stayed. We couldnt keep tahu then cause he had already signed with parra ( so he could be a dedicated centre.Winger tooy you are a winger look where your playin in origin, Winger). We could have kept him if timing the deals had been better.No ones fault we need to pay the least for a player and he needs to get what he can.Had all the cards been on the table not under or up a sleave we would have joey tooy & BK but prob not reynoldson. I could of lived with that.

northern knight said:
Dont forget BK kept sayin he was happy with our offer Im stayin,Im stayin. Then nah manly offerd me the same money but also a real estate deal so Im goin. Joey couldnt beleive it. BK stayin was a reason he stayed. We couldnt keep tahu then cause he had already signed with parra ( so he could be a dedicated centre.Winger tooy you are a winger look where your playin in origin, Winger). We could have kept him if timing the deals had been better.No ones fault we need to pay the least for a player and he needs to get what he can.Had all the cards been on the table not under or up a sleave we would have joey tooy & BK but prob not reynoldson. I could of lived with that.
They never made BK a decent offer - They allowed Tahu and BK to negotiate with other clubs. Remember nobody thought BK was worth $30,000 a game if he was only fit for 10 games a year. As for Tahu they had NEVER paid him over $200,000 a season (He left on $170k) so when Parra threw decent money at him he took it. He had a young family to support like BK

Latest posts