What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All time favourite player

The Dodger

First Grade
please excuse me if this thread has been done before...

I just wanted to know who everybody's all time favourite player is and why?

My Favourite player is Larry Bird.

Along side with magic Johnson, one of the best passers/playmakers/ shooters/defenders in NBA history. as the main man for the Celtics(back in the 70s-80s), had won three NBA titles and 10 Atlantic Division crowns. stayed consistent throuhgout his career, and was that confident, he would walk up to oponent's benches before games and predict 40pt performances for himself. he was also known to practise shooting three pointers with his eyes closed.

i remember one game against the pistons, not sure what year, boston was down by two points with a couple of seconds left in the game. they had the ball and called a time out. during the time out, larry bird walked up to the pistons team and basically said "forget all your strategies, i will be getting the ball and i will shoot a three and sink it to win the game".

so the players get back on the court and what happens? Bird receives the pass, takes it down the right side of the court and with two players in his face (tony dumars and dennis rodman if i recall) takes the three and sinks it off the backboard to win the game.

one of the best games ive seen in my life.

Mr Saab

Referee
Isiah Thomas.
Drafted in 81 by the Pistons, he helped turn a loser franchise into a powerhouse.
One of the, if not the best "short" guard in the history of the game and also a winner in the true sense of word.
His 25 points in the 3rd 1/4 of game 6 in the 1988 finals on a sprained ankle shows the heart of the guy.

The Dodger

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
Isiah Thomas.
Drafted in 81 by the Pistons, he helped turn a loser franchise into a powerhouse.
One of the, if not the best "short" guard in the history of the game and also a winner in the true sense of word.
His 25 points in the 3rd 1/4 of game 6 in the 1988 finals on a sprained ankle shows the heart of the guy.

true. isiah was a freak...

Mr Saab

Referee
right behind him is Rodman...damn he was a great player. For someone 6'8 and 220 pounds or so to lead the league in rebounding 7 staright yrs in crazy.
Sure, he didnt have the offensive responsibilities that players like Malone and Barkley had, but that shouldnt take away from his ability to avg 18 17 16 15 rebounds a game over those 7 yrs. His ability to jump up and down on the one spot and tap the ball was a skill that no other player possesed. Ignore his off field theatrics, on the court he was a winner. 5 rings is evidence of that

I loved those bad boy Pistons, especially Zeke and Dumars. But, being older, my all-time favourite player was the coolest guard around when I first started watching the NBA - Walt "Clyde" Frazier of the Knicks.

McLovin

Staff member
My all time favourite player would have to be . Dead set, in their primes i would chose this the dream over shaq, wilt, the admiral, etc. He was, in my eyes, the PERFECT centre and fun to watch. Other favourites include Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, Reggie Miller...

All hail the dream and then get some of this into ya:

http://www.nba.com/history/players/olajuwon_bio.html

McLovin

Staff member
My all time favourite player would have to be Hakeem Olajuwon. Dead set, in their primes i would've chosen the dream over shaq, wilt, the admiral, etc. He was, in my eyes, the PERFECT centre and fun to watch. Other favourites include Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, Reggie Miller...

The Dodger

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
right behind him is Rodman...

best defensive player of all time in IMO

every time the pistons played the bulls (back in the 80s-90s) they always stuck rodman on jordan because he was one of the only players who could take him one on one.

The Dodger

First Grade
Connell said:
My all time favourite player would have to be . Dead set, in their primes i would chose this the dream over shaq, wilt, the admiral, etc. He was, in my eyes, the PERFECT centre and fun to watch. Other favourites include Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, Reggie Miller...

i love the spaldings hakeem used to wear back when they won the championship. do you think you could still get a pair of those?

i'm gonna try and find a pic of them.

The Dodger

First Grade
heres one...
hakeem34.jpg

i remember he also had a pair of low-cut plain spaldings. they looked like tennis shoes a bit. thats what brought my attention to them

edabomb

First Grade
DPG said:
best defensive player of all time in IMO

every time the pistons played the bulls (back in the 80s-90s) they always stuck rodman on jordan because he was one of the only players who could take him one on one.

Payton did a mean job on him in the 96 finals, but they only put him on Jordan after they'd lost the first 3 games.

My favourite players would be Payton and Sam 'Big Smooth' Perkins.

Favourite current players are Rashard Lewis and LeBron.

Mr Saab

Referee
no one could stop jordan, no one.
Not Rodman, not payton, not dumars. All they could do was quieten him somewhat...but a quiet Jordan still avgs 27/8.

edabomb

First Grade
Hahaha remember Ruben Patterson being hyped up as the Kobe stopper. Funniest thing ever, especially when Kobe iced him.

J-Man

Juniors
Panthers_God said:
Karl "Mailman" Malone. No better Power Forward to ever play the game.
Also owns the most ridiculous looking dunk in the game.
act_karl_malone%5B1%5D.jpg

Ha ha

My favorite player was Latrell Sprewell, until he went nuts and choked his coach. Now it would probably be Ray Allen or Shawn Marion.