What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allan Border medal - 6th Feb 06'

TheParraboy

Staff member
ok this event is nearing us again

Who do you think will get the main awards ?
Keep in mind the VB one day series still to go plus the Sydney test

Here are my choices

Allan Border Medal - Ricky Ponting
Tests - Shane Warne
ODI - Brett Lee

Id say Mike Hussey and Andrew Symonds will poll well in the ODI's and either could win the ODI player of the year over Lee.

With Husseys recent 3 centuries he probably has polled well in his 5 tests so far. If he does well in the Sydney test he could be a dark horse for the AB medal ?

ryanallen

Juniors
AB Medal - Ponting Warne or Hussey - Hussey will Be the suprise
ODI - Symonds or hussey - Symonds due to fact he has taken vital wickets with the ball
Test - Warne or ponting - Ponting over 1700 runs in a year, great stuff

choc_soldier

Coach
Hussey will score heavily from this summer, and will finish in the top 3 - can't see him winning it though.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I agree Hussey will come close, he's been in brilliant form for the ODI's. He's scored 3 centuries in his 5 tests. Also there's still the VB series, so he might score a heap of runs in that series.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Punter, Punter and Hussey

although I wouldn't be surprised if Punter cleans up with a hatrick

PB

Bench
how good is hussey. batting av of 150 for the year will take him close to the odi award.

iinteresting Stat: Since his first ODI game just over 12 months ago, Hussey has not batted in a 2nd innings of a match.

Rustay

Juniors
Ponting or Warne surely will win it. Huss will be up there no doubt, but hasnt played the quantity of games to get it. Though i reckon he'll get ODI player of the year.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
There's other awards.

Bradman Young cricketer of the year, will most likely be Dan Cullen since he's got an ACB contract.

State Cricketer of the year, Phil Jacques has been outstanding this summer, will surely be up there.

TheParraboy

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
There's other awards.

Bradman Young cricketer of the year, will most likely be Dan Cullen since he's got an ACB contract.

State Cricketer of the year, Phil Jacques has been outstanding this summer, will surely be up there.

Dont forget the female cricketer gets annonced on the night also :cool:

and for the wise cracks that will follow, no ,shane warne isnt eligible :D :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
ryanallen said:
AB Medal - Ponting Warne or Hussey - Hussey will Be the suprise
ODI - Symonds or hussey - Symonds due to fact he has taken vital wickets with the ball
Test - Warne or ponting - Ponting over 1700 runs in a year, great stuff

Warne is surely a certainty for Test player of the Year which IMO is the main award because who cares about ODI's apart from the World Cup.

Ponting has had a good year overall, but apart from one innings he failed in the most important contest of all - the ashes. Warney on the other hand probably had the best series a bowler has ever had in an Ashes series. He's also been consistent throughout the year as well.

ODI's - Hussey or Symonds.

State player of the year - Lehmann, again.

Red Bear

Referee
I'd say Jaques for state player, although Beven was robbed last year so who knows what will happen this year.

salivor

First Grade
How could anyone but Warne win the Australian test player of the year? That Ashes series could've got really embarrassing for Australia if Warne wasn't taking a bucket load of wickets and keeping them in the contest.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tommy Smith said:
Ponting has had a good year overall, but apart from one innings he failed in the most important contest of all - the ashes. Warney on the other hand probably had the best series a bowler has ever had in an Ashes series. He's also been consistent throughout the year as well.

its not the ashes awards :? :roll:

Rammo

Juniors
I'd say:

ODI award: Ponting

Test award: Warne

AB Medal: Ponting

Bradman young player of the year: Cullen

State player of the year: Lehmann

TheParraboy

Staff member
This is upon us this Monday

Lee, Hussey to battle it out for ODI player of the year Id say

Jacques or Lehmann for state player of the year

Matt23

Staff member
Test : Warne
ODI: Lee
AB: Ponting (Lee could have been a bolter, if he was more consistent in the tests)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Test: Warne
ODI: Hussey
AB Medal: a tough one, but Ponting will probably get it, and Hussey will be close

If Jacques doesnt get state player I'll simply do handstands on Ayers Rock.