1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Aloiai gone?

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by phenisha, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Yeah, I guess I never really thought much of it but Siro offers more and yes we are light in the 2nd row. Siro just might want to prove something.

whilst at Manly, maybe the CEO might want to come ‘home’.

2. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Bench

I think it was more that it's a massive contract and they are taking some time to iron out all the details. I'll be surprised if it falls through and Teddy isn't a Rooster for the rest of his career.

3. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

CEO went to same high school as me.Nice guy although don’t recommend he return to Concord as CEO albeit Pascoe is pathetic & needs to b replaced.

4. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

If we get the Manly Sirro I'd have him back.

We are short a good second rower.

BrotherJim05 likes this.
  5. benched tiger

benched tiger Bench

I’d pass on Siro,I don’t get the love for him ,he was very ordinary for us when he was here and only average at best for Manly, we need better.

Vic Mackey, macnaz and Front-Rower like this.
  6. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

Son of Paul. That’s the only reason.

gordsy likes this.
  7. Rhyno

Rhyno First Grade

It’s a slap in the face to all the people who have lost their jobs because of COVID if the tigers keep him on just to mow the lawn for 400k

I’m sure there’s a bloke with a lawn mowing business that’s be happy to mow the lawn for 20k a year

WA Tiger likes this.
  8. Tigers Tale

Tigers Tale Juniors

Send us your resume if you are interested....or aggrieved.

magpie_man, gordsy and WA Tiger like this.
  9. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

True, he didn't show a lot when Potter moved him to the second row. I often wonder if that was whether he was still working out the role or if he had his nose out of joint because he wasn't playing five-eighth. After four seasons at Manly, he should have put those issues behind him. While I'd prefer us to get Angus Chritchon for our back row, Curtis is a more realistic option.

Shredder likes this.
  10. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

Rumour was the Tigers were going to ask you, but apparently you were underqualified.

11. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

I note that there are rumours that the club will sack Aloiai, he will be fined the first time (if he has no medical excuse) for not attending training, then sacked the second time for not attending training (with no medical excuse)?
    Not sure what that would do, except play into his hands. I’m sure he would know that he won’t be welcome back.

12. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

He wants to be sacked right ? Who knows what they are going to do. I said with Matterson we should just keep him because we can't get a better player for the same dollars. I feel the same way about Aloiai.

The thing is I can sort of understand just releasing them. These guys are cancer to the club. It's a shit situation. You keep them to make a point but it also means you have to have them at the club.

13. phenisha

phenisha Juniors

if he is sacked we don't need to pay him, and the NRL will not register his new contract for the year

BrotherJim05, Tigerm and WA Tiger like this.
  14. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly Juniors

If that is true it sounds like the perfect solution to me.

Tigerm and Ron's_Mate like this.
  15. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

I understand not having to pay him phenisha but why would the NRL not register a new contract? He hasn't committed a crime etc so surely he's free to do what he wants.

Happy if the NRL does what you say to put a stop to this type of thing (and player agents) though, but surely the employment laws in this country would stop the NRL.

A Jack de Bellin type thing is a different story though, except we are all innocent until proven guilty.

Tiger05 likes this.
  16. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

That’s prob correct. So let’s hope the call to fire Aloiai isn’t an ill considered impact statement for the media that’ll come back to bite us.....We just have to ideally find a replacement quick and move on or follow through on holding on to him for now until this is all sorted by the NRL boss if that’s possible

17. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Maybe the the NRL needs to not register contracts a year in advance?
    Although in reality, we want the same thing with Daine Laurie right?

Maybe we just need to release the cat and suck it up?

I dont fkn know. All I know is that if he hates the club as much as he says he does I don't want him near any of our players.

18. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

I dont think it's quite the same. ..we haven't. ..nor for that matter ever have as far as i know induced a player to turn his back on a contract by declaring he'll never play for his current club again. Enquiries about early transfers are one thing...holding a gun to a club's head is something quite different....JAC a case in point for the former

Tiger05 and Tigerm like this.
  19. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

Exactly.

20. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

Cough.... Tim Moltzen..... cough

Although that one back fired on us!