What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alright, i can conceed, lockyer has nothing on johns :(

RABK

Referee
salivor said:
LOL, I didn't know that "your not very bright" wasn't a personal attack. I also didn't know that Lockyer lets one in for every one he sets up was a fact or that wild predictions that Lockyer couldn't match up if put into Origin after a year on the sidelines were facts. Stop drooling and take the blinkers off mate. Or better yet stop cheerleading and offer an opinion.

He said...

But either you shot yourself in the foot, or you're not very bright.

Hardly a personal attack. More just pointing out the fact that trying to defend Lockyer's defense has nothing to back it up.

Lockyer would nearly let one for every one he sets up. His defense is woeful and any decent centre is able to get around him quite easily, nothing but a shirt grabber.

get a grip of the FACT that Johns is, always has been and always will be better then Lockyer. Lockyer is a champion but he isn't in the same class of Champions as Joey.

That's called an opinion and fact.

salivor

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Hardly a personal attack. More just pointing out the fact that trying to defend Lockyer's defense has nothing to back it up.

It was a personal attack, simple as that, but you missed it in all your cheerleading. Not that I care, at least Parra_dude skipped the pats on the backs and debated the subject.

Lockyer would nearly let one for every one he sets up. His defense is woeful and any decent centre is able to get around him quite easily, nothing but a shirt grabber.
That's called an opinion and fact.

You seem to be having an issue with what a fact is. Here I'll give you an example Brisbane have scored more tries than any team this year with 67, say about 75 percent Lockyer has had a hand in there somewhere which equates to about 50 of them, maybe a little bit less. Now Brisbane have the second best record for tries conceeded with 42, only 19 of which have been down the left side, say we want to be harsh and contribute about 10-12 solely to Lockyers defence even with that dodgy maths it blows Parradude and your stupid comment right out of the water.

Saying Johns is better than Lockyer or vica versa is an opinion, surely you don't need that pointed out to you :rolleyes: .

RABK

Referee
So far it is a FACT. Lockyer has alot to do in his last few years to catch up to Johns.

salivor

First Grade
LOL, putting something in capital letters and bold lettering doesn't make it anymore of a fact. It's an opinion, look up the definition, case closed.

Bullrider

Juniors
Ok Johns is a very good player. But he reminds me of a ford. He spends more time in the sheds. Lockyer is all class and he still is learning the ropes where as Johns is supposedly the new Lewis. Give Lockyer another couple of years and he will be just awesome. To be a great player you have to do it over a long period of time. Look at Langer he was like 34 i think when he come back to play for QLD. I wont forget that night because he played all over the so called new Lewis when he was at the hight of his powers in 2001. You have to remember he couldnt get past Kimmorley and Toovey to get a half back role for many years. Let Johns do it for a couple of years then NSW can ejaculate over him.

But in the next couple of years you wont just have Lockyer to watch you will have Seymour, Timmy Smith, Thurston and Prince just to name a few.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Geez, lets see what happens after game 3 before we make such outlandish comparisons. Johns comeback was triumphant but he didn't win the game on his own. He certainly lifted the team though. Lockyer had a quiet game but Johns has had a few of them in his time aswell.

Latest posts