What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL All Stars Vs USARL All Stars

sharkies9

Juniors
Doesn't all this talk of inter league matches and play, fall under the AMNRLs zero affiliation clause? Were no player may have any affiliation with a USARL team or the league itself. This would make all the players that play in those matched or the 9’s tournament ineligible for the Tomahawks. Correct?

Well Rucker at the end of the day we are all our own men who can play for whatever team we want and play whoever we want. It is something how things have changed. When league was started in this country, USA rugby had on the membership form that if you ever played rugby league you were not allowed to play union in the USA. No one payed attention to it though. I do feel for the guys that are good enough to be on the tomahawks or on the cusp to be excluded considering the limited areas where the amnrl has teams.

druzik

Juniors
Well Rucker at the end of the day we are all our own men who can play for whatever team we want and play whoever we want. It is something how things have changed. When league was started in this country, USA rugby had on the membership form that if you ever played rugby league you were not allowed to play union in the USA. No one payed attention to it though. I do feel for the guys that are good enough to be on the tomahawks or on the cusp to be excluded considering the limited areas where the amnrl has teams.

I am sure that there could be some legal action that could come out of those clauses. Quite simply I would think that there is a restriction of trade by doing that.

mother rucker

Juniors
I am sure that there could be some legal action that could come out of those clauses. Quite simply I would think that there is a restriction of trade by doing that.

Yeah, one would think?

I am in total agreement with you New Jersey boy’s . Two comps is better then one. (AFL/NFL) Why not? You could have preseason matched set between the comps and get your rookies and teams dialed in for the season. Then have separate playoffs and the top two teams play in the “USA GRAND FINAL” then there could be a “STATE OF ORIGIN “style 3 round series. AMNRL vs USARL. Call it the Rugby League CIVIL WAR. Televise it cause Americans love a rivalry. And the Tomahawks could be selected from both comps. GO USA!!!

Now if everyone in Rugby League USARL/AMNRL thought like The SHARKS then this squabble would be over and America would be off to a successful rugby league country.

Heres to hoping

deluded pom?

Coach
Yeah, one would think?

I am in total agreement with you New Jersey boy’s . Two comps is better then one. (AFL/NFL) Why not?

Agreed but only if there's some harmony between the comps. Two warring comps may drive each other on for a while but ultimately it will become divisive and detremental to RL in the USA.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
Mother rucker,

... As a team thats been around since the onset there are reasons to try to get cross comp games even if it means giving up the chance to be selected.

Has it been confirmed that if an AMNRL team plays a USARL team then that AMNRL (e.g Sharks) groups of players is ineligible to play for the USA Team? Is that why the Sharks don't have any representatives on the USA team?

Fatwing15

Juniors
Has it been confirmed that if an AMNRL team plays a USARL team then that AMNRL (e.g Sharks) groups of players is ineligible to play for the USA Team? Is that why the Sharks don't have any representatives on the USA team?

Might as well just make this assumption. Seems to be plenty of BS flying around anyway. Just add this one to the list.

We approached a usarl team about a pre-season trial. offered to do it 13's or 9's to help get them ready for their tournament.

Sadly, we didn't get a response. perhaps they were worried about playing with only their domestic side? or maybe they don't want to associate with us. regardless, we reached out and if there are any repercussions for wanting to play footy then so be it.

Last edited:

Choo Choo

Juniors
We approached a usarl team about a pre-season trial. offered to do it 13's or 9's to help get them ready for their tournament.

Sadly, we didn't get a response. perhaps they were worried about playing with only their domestic side? or maybe they don't want to associate with us. regardless, we reached out and if there are any repercussions for wanting to play footy then so be it.

Our preseason is already full, but would love I plan something for post season if interested.

deluded pom?

Coach

It's disappointing to see you didn't even get a reply even if it was along the lines of "Sorry but our pre season is already organised, maybe some other time"

pennpool

Juniors

I would lean towards the highlighted reason. Pride is a powerful thing to risk.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I would lean towards the highlighted reason. Pride is a powerful thing to risk.
Or maybe the fact that DC Slayers played against the touring British Marines this week, and next week are traveling to Jamaica?

Did Bucks County Sharks contact any of the other USARL teams?

Choo Choo

Juniors
was trying to get it in between the end of union and start of footy - we have too many guys that play both so timing is everything

We're in the same boat. Its hard when about a third of our players won't be out consistently until mid May.

Anyway, good luck in 2012 and maybe we can work out something.