What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Expands Again

tcc_dc

Juniors
I haven't heard of any proposed match, I doubt it will take place and I cant see the Slayers being good enough to trouble the Knights. The Slayers may have improved but this is the best Knights team I have seen.

All the best Knights players will be playing in the World Cup Qualfiers at the end of the season. Do you think they will risk injury? Doubt it.

Yeah, the Slayers, Axemen, etc don't have to worry about those pesky qualifiers due to the fun rules of the AMNRL.

And lol at the best teams in the AMNRL...the past couple years, far and away the best teams in the AMNRL were the teams that left. New Haven and the Axemen say hi.

jim_57

Staff member
I haven't heard of any proposed match, I doubt it will take place and I cant see the Slayers being good enough to trouble the Knights. The Slayers may have improved but this is the best Knights team I have seen.

All the best Knights players will be playing in the World Cup Qualfiers at the end of the season. Do you think they will risk injury? Doubt it.

Hollow words, just sayin'

DINGb@T

Juniors

One way to find out...

deluded pom?

Coach

Ever heard the expression "Empty vessels make the most noise" ?

I've watched every team play from both comps this year - here is my opinion of the top 3 sides i've saw:

1. NY Knights
2. Jax Axe (despite the loss to Philly)
3. CT Cats

In fairness though to DC, the video from last weekends game vs Philly wasn't the greatest of quality, so i may have missed something.

Honestly - i've been playing footy here in the states since 2001 - this Knights team may be the best side to play in America. They're legit.

gothenyknights

Juniors
Thanks Sharks, though CT gave us a lesson earlier this year! Unfortunately, as we are all aware, none of us are in a position to prove much under the current circumstances. The Knights, I guess like players on both sides of the fence, just want the opportunity to prove ourselves against the top opposition and nobody gives a shit whether a team plays for AMNRL or USARL, we just want to play top RL against quality opposition.

We all look forward to the day that all this political bullshit is out of the way and every can concentrate on doing what we do best, playing RL.

MattyCLark

Juniors
gothenyknights, I couldn't have said it better. The day that the AMNRL and the USARL can work together and set up cross league matches and have a unified national team is the day that the USA will be successful in the world of rugby league. I see and USA civil war state of origin style match where selectors can make some national team selections. As it sits now we really have no national team. More an AMNRL select side. We are still waiting on our selection camp in the south that was promises for the Donnybrook cup. I'm sure I'll dawn the USA kit again. Probably not.

Choo Choo

Juniors
gothenyknights, I couldn't have said it better. The day that the AMNRL and the USARL can work together and set up cross league matches and have a unified national team is the day that the USA will be successful in the world of rugby league. I see and USA civil war state of origin style match where selectors can make some national team selections. As it sits now we really have no national team. More an AMNRL select side. We are still waiting on our selection camp in the south that was promises for the Donnybrook cup. I'm sure I'll dawn the USA kit again. Probably not.

If I wind up on the selection committee you have my vote Matty.

Play some footy

Juniors

seems you're taking it more personal....the general idea is to develop the game in more regions. national teams have nothing to do with said development. selections have not and never will be fair regardless of whether there is 10 leagues or 1.

i've asked a number of times on these boards for clarification on exactly who is the selection committee is, long before the split. never seem to find an answer.

That's the point. We all know things were done badly in the AMNRL, which is why the split happened. I'm sure selection of the national team was/is no different. That might change if the USARL or a united board was running the show.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
You are right - New Haven and Jax were in last years Grand final, but NH is a shadow of itself and Jax are not as good as previous years. Half of Phillys team went to the Sharks, both Boston teams are non existant. I would say the Northern Raiders would beat the titans and rebellion.

I suppose DC may have a chance seeing that now that they actually get a full team, but as they have never beat the Knights I wouldn't bet on it!!!

Also, curious about Da Bears question - who owns the the USARL?

Its funny the two teams - Connecticut and Knights - that werent invited to the secret meeting to oust David Niu are arguably the two best teams at the moment!

GTL

Juniors
Mr. Knight you throw all these pot shots at the USARL but what about the Bulls and the Vipers do they even exist? As an observer you and I both know this is the last year of the AMNRL.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
The USARL constitution was posted when they first formed the league. All 8 teams are equal shareholders with equal voting rights in the competition.

MattyCLark

Juniors
seems you're taking it more personal....the general idea is to develop the game in more regions. national teams have nothing to do with said development. selections have not and never will be fair regardless of whether there is 10 leagues or 1.

i've asked a number of times on these boards for clarification on exactly who is the selection committee is, long before the split. never seem to find an answer.

I do take it personally when all the hard work and sacrifice of myself and my teammates is pissed on.

As for the Natoinal team having nothing to do with development of rugby league. Don't you thing that more people with come out and play if they could have an opportunity to play for their country? Thats what the AMNRL is doing. Join their league and you can be a Tomahawk. Thats fine but its not really a national team when you don't select Amaricans. If football players can be selected, rugby players should qualify.

And who owns the AMNRL? Just wondering?
Good talk

RedVee

First Grade
Thanks Sharks, though CT gave us a lesson earlier this year! Unfortunately, as we are all aware, none of us are in a position to prove much under the current circumstances. The Knights, I guess like players on both sides of the fence, just want the opportunity to prove ourselves against the top opposition and nobody gives a shit whether a team plays for AMNRL or USARL, we just want to play top RL against quality opposition.

We all look forward to the day that all this political bullshit is out of the way and every can concentrate on doing what we do best, playing RL.

hear hear

Lone Ranger

Juniors
I do take it personally when all the hard work and sacrifice of myself and my teammates is pissed on.

As for the Natoinal team having nothing to do with development of rugby league. Don't you thing that more people with come out and play if they could have an opportunity to play for their country? Thats what the AMNRL is doing. Join their league and you can be a Tomahawk. Thats fine but its not really a national team when you don't select Amaricans. If football players can be selected, rugby players should qualify.

And who owns the AMNRL? Just wondering?
Good talk

Matty - Super League America is the AMNRL which is owned by Niu.