What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Results 2nd Round

deluded pom?

Coach
http://www.americanrugbynews.com/artman/publish/rugby_league/AMNRL_Week_Two_i.shtml

AMNRL Week Two

Posted in: Rugby League
By Brian Lowe
Jun 12, 2010 - 8:50:20 PM

League_FightvRaiders_NathanRoach_.jpg
Fight's Nathan Roach
Week Two of the American National Rugby League season produced blowouts and some closer encounters.
Winners included Aston, Fairfax, Philadelphia and Jacksonville.
The Aston DSC Bulls made it two from two by beating the Washington DC Slayers 32-22.
The Slayers earned a bonus point for scoring four tries even though they came out on the wrong side of the ledger.
“It’s better than what I expected,” Aston's former Queensland State of Origin utility back Daniel Wagon told ARN when asked about the standard of the game stateside. “In another couple of weeks I’ll be match fit.”
Wagon was playing just his second match in the US. He scored a try on debut last week and played well again Saturday.
New expansion team the Pittsburgh Vipers traveled to Virginia with only 14 players where they played their first ever game against the Fairfax Eagles and came off second best going down 80-4. Steven Karlovec scored their first and only points.
The Vipers played hard through the first quarter, but their inexperience was the big difference.
For the Eagles, John Young scored a hat-trick, while American-born prop Phantom Prompol turned in a solid performance in just his second game of rugby league.
“We didn’t play well last week and it all kind of came together today,” said Fairfax president Steve Grant.
Further north in Boston, the hometown 13s put up another good showing although it wasn’t enough to stop 2009 Grand Finalists the Jacksonville Axemen from notching their second straight W with a 34-16 victory.
And the Philadelphia Fight bounced back from their narrow loss to the Bulls last week by shutting out the Northern Raiders 76-0.
The Fight racked up 14 tries, including doubles by Patrick Quirk, James Brunson, Brad Kielinski and James Perry, plus singles to Tim Kilminster, Sal Ranniello, Phil Shipos, Zack Padgett, Nathan Roach and Rich Henson. Michael Princic was 10-for-13 on conversions.
Philly captain Kielinski was voted MVP for showing strong leadership on defense and for continuously breaking the line on attack.
“It was a fine effort by the lads,” Fight coach Peter Illfield told ARN. “We’re on the improve with the new guys on the team and our attacking skills will only improve in the next week or two.”
The New Haven Warriors are scheduled to host defending AMNRL champs the New York Knights on Sunday.
Standings (unofficial):
Jacksonville Axemen (2-0) 10pts
Aston DSC Bulls (2-0) 10pts
Philadelphia Fight (1-1) 6pts
New Haven Warriors (1-0) 5pts
New York Knights (1-0) 5pts
Fairfax Eagles (1-1) 5pts
Washington DC Slayers (0-1) 1pt
Connecticut Wildcats (0-1) 1pt
Pittsburgh Vipers (0-1) 0pts
Northern Raiders (0-1) 0pts
Boston 13s (0-2) 0pts

RedVee

First Grade
Better effort than I feared by DC.

Never heard of a bloke called Phantom before! Does he wear purple shorts? :)

Shownuff

Juniors
That's a big result since i don't think the Warriors have the two former NRL players yet.
They will be hard to beat I think.

Was a good game to watch...back and forth and some good hits. the Warriors won it in the last 8mins. Scoring two tries with 12 men after Noel Tupou was sinbinned.

Neither Jye Mullane or Tony Duggan played for the Warriors, I dont think they are even there. So Warriors may be a team to watch this year

Stiff07nz

Juniors
Warriors point scores

New haven 34 - Siose Muliumu 2, Damien O`Malveny 2., Ewan Robinson, Wesley Haughton tries...Roy Leoni 5 goals

Play some footy

Juniors
point being seems like every player mentioned in the write up could be playing country footy right now. both of those clubs have a large amount of international players.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
New York make a point of developing local talent. NYC being such a melting pot and destination doesnt really have to seek out players. Hence the "b" team that is now playing, allowing the newer guys to learn and not be lost to the game!

Latest posts