What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL schedule

deal.with.it

Juniors
They are planning to be unified. Waiting for final details to be agreed. Ask bc sharks, lawrence, ryan forumers

IowaRL

Juniors
That is, if they CAN come together. Word is that one side is willing to compromise more than the other, and it's not who you think. We shall see what happens, but unless certain things change, I doubt it.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
If by that you are saying the USARL is being the difficult party, all I can say is, "yeah, why wouldn't they be". The group that left the AMNRL left because they felt they were being taken down the wrong road, and I think they have been proven right. So why would they want to, in their opinion, take a step back. By meeting with the AMNRL, the USARL is showing they want everyone involved to succeed, but they are not going to succeed if they agree with much of what the AMNRL has to offer. The AMNRL needs the USARL, not the other way around.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Agree with most of what you said PacificCoastRL, however, if you were in the AMNRL (say a club like the raiders) and then were told you would be moved to the second tier in USARL, with no voting power, would you be happy?
I'm not saying that is exactly what has happened, but you get the point.

Steve Davy

Juniors
Agree with most of what you said PacificCoastRL, however, if you were in the AMNRL (say a club like the raiders) and then were told you would be moved to the second tier in USARL, with no voting power, would you be happy?
I'm not saying that is exactly what has happened, but you get the point.

It is fair to say a club like that would not be happy, but if you are not saying that is what is happening, then I do not see it as relevant.

deal.with.it

Juniors
I wouldn't say something random if it didn't have any substance. I would just prefer one of the guys directly involved to come on and say so. IowaRL is closest to knowing and he has alluded to the same problem.

IowaRL

Juniors
Whilst I am not directly involved in negotiations, from the informantion I've been given deal is on the right track. I can't give any more than that, other than saying it wouldnt just be Amnrl teams without a vote if the proposal on the table does go ahead.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
I'm going to hazard a guess that the teams that wouldn't have a vote are the "development teams". There have been development teams in the USARL since its inception, Pittsburgh comes to mind. There is criterium in place to decide who is development and who is not. I'm going to assume some of the AMNRL teams don't meet the standards required to be considered a "top-flight" team. As in life, you are only as strong as your weakest link - why would the USARL take on some teams that barely have a pulse, unless those teams are prepared to do the hard yards to improve their stature?

IowaRL

Juniors
Actually, I'm talking about main competition teams from both leagues, not developmental teams like my own (I get no vote now, I wouldn't expect one with a merger at the size and quality I'm at now).

Fatwing15

Juniors
I'm going to hazard a guess that the teams that wouldn't have a vote are the "development teams". There have been development teams in the USARL since its inception, Pittsburgh comes to mind. There is criterium in place to decide who is development and who is not. I'm going to assume some of the AMNRL teams don't meet the standards required to be considered a "top-flight" team. As in life, you are only as strong as your weakest link - why would the USARL take on some teams that barely have a pulse, unless those teams are prepared to do the hard yards to improve their stature?

Like Oneida and Baltimore?

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Like Oneida and Baltimore?
That could very well be Fatwing, I don't know. Obviously their on-field performance is lacking, but I think stability off the field is a very important consideration as well. And that could be a problem for the teams you have mentioned. That I don't know. And I'm only assuming that could be the same situation for many of the AMNRL teams. It will be tougher for the AMNRL teams to convince the USARL, I'm sure. But that is to be expected. The USARL have been working together for a few years now, they know each. The AMNRL teams are, in many respects, new to the people at the USARL. It will take more convincing.

And - if the AMNRL have a problem with the way the USARL is doing things, then continue to operate as two separate entities. But, to be honest, I don't think the AMNRL will survive much longer if they were to go it alone.

Last edited:
go to bcsharks.com and have a look at our schedule.

The raiders were one club that was put in that second tier list as well as the eagles and Sharks. As far as the Sharks are concerned being in a second division isnt the problem, its not being able to have a voice in the league and having the potential to be nixed out of the competition against your will. Ill be damned if i let another team an/or individual speak for my club. We are a pretty stable club and believe everyone should get a fair shot. Ok, in 2010 we dropped out of the compitition because we didnt want to present a sub par organization on the field, or off for that matter, so we took a year to rebuild and came back stronger than ever. I think it saved face in the long run, because we didnt waste anyones time forfeiting any games or making up some bullshite, fabricated roster or team. If this sounds bias, its meant to. The guys on this team love this club and work very hard to get better and more professional every year. The USARL and AMNRL need to come back together for the development of Rugby League in this country. What ever side you support is irrelevant, If your looking for growth here you should want this thing to come back together with 16 teams playing rugby league, because thats what matters. no one should be excluded.

Here in Group 4 first division clubs get two votes and second division get one vote on group-wide issues. That's pretty fair. But if there is an issue that only affects second division clubs they can also just have their own vote without the rest. Also fair. I don't see why one or both of these things shouldn't occur in the US under one body. Maybe this giving some people a vote and not others is the compromise between the AMNRL dictatorship model and the USARL democratic model.

IowaRL

Juniors
Here in Group 4 first division clubs get two votes and second division get one vote on group-wide issues. That's pretty fair. But if there is an issue that only affects second division clubs they can also just have their own vote without the rest. Also fair. I don't see why one or both of these things shouldn't occur in the US under one body. Maybe this giving some people a vote and not others is the compromise between the AMNRL dictatorship model and the USARL democratic model.

To have proper democracy, everyone should have some form of vote, not just the top 6 sides in the country and no one else. I have a lot of respect for the Sharks (my fav east coast AMNRL team), and don't feel it's fair or right to say to teams from both sides "your opinion doesn't count". All clubs who can field a 13 man side any given weekend, can show stability off the pitch, and a desire to play should get a vote. Not just the top teams. And For those areas which are building slowly, the region gets a vote (like the Midwest, 3 teams, 1 vote).

Evil Homer

Staff member
go to bcsharks.com and have a look at our schedule.

The raiders were one club that was put in that second tier list as well as the eagles and Sharks. As far as the Sharks are concerned being in a second division isnt the problem, its not being able to have a voice in the league and having the potential to be nixed out of the competition against your will. Ill be damned if i let another team an/or individual speak for my club. We are a pretty stable club and believe everyone should get a fair shot. Ok, in 2010 we dropped out of the compitition because we didnt want to present a sub par organization on the field, or off for that matter, so we took a year to rebuild and came back stronger than ever. I think it saved face in the long run, because we didnt waste anyones time forfeiting any games or making up some bullshite, fabricated roster or team. If this sounds bias, its meant to. The guys on this team love this club and work very hard to get better and more professional every year. The USARL and AMNRL need to come back together for the development of Rugby League in this country. What ever side you support is irrelevant, If your looking for growth here you should want this thing to come back together with 16 teams playing rugby league, because thats what matters. no one should be excluded.
Do you get a vote or have any sort of say at present?

Contrary to popular belief, the AMNRL hold conference calls pretty regularly with reps from each club to talk about the goings on in the league, matters are brought to the table and discussed, so yes, i'd say we do have a voice.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Contrary to popular belief, the AMNRL hold conference calls pretty regularly with reps from each club to talk about the goings on in the league, matters are brought to the table and discussed, so yes, i'd say we do have a voice.
It's reasonable to expect similar then, I doubt anyone would be looking to implement a structure where certain clubs are completely left out and not consulted whatsoever.

Fatwing15

Juniors
It's reasonable to expect similar then, I doubt anyone would be looking to implement a structure where certain clubs are completely left out and not consulted whatsoever.

Agreed, it wouldn't make much sense to try to silence any voice that wants to grow rugby league.

USARL 9's are on the Shark's schedule, :D

Latest posts