What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An AI Expansion Nightmare

f**k I’d laugh if they could do an NRL WC Swans.

Imagine the AFL, whinging for the IP?

So you were the Bloods, in South Melbourne. Then you poached a heap of Perth players in the 1930s so they derided you by calling you the Swans. Then in the 80s you moved to Sydney? But the black swan is in the WA flag and their state colours are black and yellow and…

docbrown

Coach

So you were the Bloods, in South Melbourne. Then you poached a heap of Perth players in the 1930s so they derided you by calling you the Swans. Then in the 80s you moved to Sydney? But the black swan is in the WA flag and their state colours are black and yellow and…
Yes. Imagine the Victorian-led AFL & Sydney-based AFL team bitching about Perth people using the black swan. 4-d chess!

Pippen94

First Grade

The swans were almost moved to Perth in 1993

MugaB

Coach
When sporting teams fold it's sad. People lose jobs. The sporting landscape reduces. The whole idea of fans of codes hating other codes is weird. Only example of a club going out of business which I slightly chuckled at were the Perth reds..
That's mean....
There is nothing werd about hating on a rival code, infact there is precedent between RU and RL in RLs inception, along with how NZRU looks down upon high school athletes that don't choose RU (over RL)
AFL ffs where do we start on that one, constantly getting in cock measuring territory between the codes, even though they have different squad sizes, no. of Players, stadium shape, amount of content.. length of gametime etc yet they both seem to try this tug of war of BS causing most fans to choose one over the other.... I hate vickykicky coz of the lack of actual structure/talent, thus becoming a shit game to watch on TV, so why would I spend money to watch it live at the oval?

Pippen94

First Grade
That's mean....
There is nothing werd about hating on a rival code, infact there is precedent between RU and RL in RLs inception, along with how NZRU looks down upon high school athletes that don't choose RU (over RL)
AFL ffs where do we start on that one, constantly getting in cock measuring territory between the codes, even though they have different squad sizes, no. of Players, stadium shape, amount of content.. length of gametime etc yet they both seem to try this tug of war of BS causing most fans to choose one over the other.... I hate vickykicky coz of the lack of actual structure/talent, thus becoming a shit game to watch on TV, so why would I spend money to watch it live at the oval?

Why can't you just not watch the sports you don't like?! Do teams have to fold & people need to lose their jobs?! Sports failing leads to sporting world becoming homogenised & less interesting..

docbrown

Coach
When sporting teams fold it's sad. People lose jobs. The sporting landscape reduces. The whole idea of fans of codes hating other codes is weird. Only example of a club going out of business which I slightly chuckled at were the Perth reds..
You do you. This is capitalism. A business was poorly supported by consumers so it went bust. The market decided.

Telling me I have to be sad because a rugby union club went bust is like telling me to be sad because Blockbuster Video went bust. I have no connection or sense of nostalgia to either.