What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An American Syd Roosters fan

Chook Norris

First Grade
no not me :D
--
I was on the Roosters fan page on facebook and found these interesting comments by an American man, who briefly lived in Sydney, called Scott Womack

Go Roosters from your biggest fans in Florida, USA!
We are American and had the privilege of living in Sydney last year. We didn't really go for the Aussie Rules Football or "aerial ping-pong" as my colleagues called it. I liked NRL better than Rugby Union so the Roosters became our team. My colleagues were all either Manley or St. George boosters so we did have some talk going on. This(photo) was shot at last year's Manley match where we also were able to go on the field. We miss it a great deal. We enjoy some Tim-Tams from time to time to remember the fun. We still follow the Roosters but mostly online. They only show AFL on the tv here.
I know. The game should be more successful but there is no promotion. They keep pushing soccer (sorry, footie) as the next big thing but I think as Americans we like a rougher sport with more contact. Straight rugby like the national team is too stifling. NRL seemed just right to me. I wish they would stream the matches online.
encouraging comments :)
we really aren't doing enough work over there if AFL is getting coverage and we are not.

http://www.facebook.com/sydneyroosters?ref=ts

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
Did you tell him that Jax stream their games online? I know he's not a Jax fan but just might get him interested in league not too far from him if he saw it online. He could also checkout the SL online streams. Don't forget to point out that Hull have Fitzy and Shrek for next season ;-)

Did you tell him that Jax stream their games online? I know he's not a Jax fan but just might get him interested in league not too far from him if he saw it online. He could also checkout the SL online streams. Don't forget to point out that Hull have Fitzy and Shrek for next season ;-)

And Josh Cordoba... ;-)

Lambretta

First Grade
A mate of mine lives in Calgary in Canada and he get's league games through Setanta.

I would have thought that if the Canananadians get them then the Yanks would too?

Maybe we need to Rusty on the case. He's turned California into Souths territory (having been to LA it has more in common with the Parramatta Road at Ashfield than Redfern) so surely they should be showing games in the US.

The dude is right though. League really does suit American tastes with it's physical nature. Football is growing there due the exposure given to the game and the large South American / Latin American communities there.

Give NRL similar exposure and I'm sure interest in our code could grow.

Cheby

Juniors
Setanta plays a couple NRL games per week in the US, generally not live (except Origin). It seems like a crapshoot what games they're going to play though so it is tough to follow a single team.

Chook Norris

First Grade
i was the dude who gave the American bloke the live nrl torrent site.. if you're wondering ;-):cool:
always willing to help a fellow league supporter :p

druzik

Juniors
You know it seems to me that someone will have to take the plunge one day and set up just a dedicated world wide Rugby League channel... I think there would be a market for this... bewteen england Australia/NZ and the scattering around the world I think it could be done to make it viable.

Latest posts