What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Idea For A New Type Of Footy Show

TheRam

Coach
I have been quite impressed with that new female commentator Renee Gartner on Fox NRL sports before or after the games. She sounds like she is quite knowledgeable about the game when posing questions to the players.

So it got me thinking about an all girl panel league show that would discuss all matters footy but from a woman's perspective. Maybe not so formal, where they sit around on lounges and talk league and have interviews with players but more in depth and layback.

But I feel they must talk primarily about the topical issues of the game for it to really work and not just fluff pieces.

Other possible panellists could be, Rachael Finch and Bonnie Hindmarsh.

What do you all think, is it worth a go? Maybe someone from Fox will read this and runs it up the flag poll.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Didgi

The View rugby league?

Been discussed before. Wasn't a lot of support.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Of course this idea has merit.

Not sure who those women are but there are plenty of footy nut sheila's out there that would suit the role. What would be absolutely necessary however is a really good producer to pull it all together, and keep the show focused on strictly football matters.

Flapper

First Grade
Wendy Harmer would be on any said show, she is a football maniac and has the ability to be serious about football (because she mainly lacks any ability to be funny)

Sir Biffo

Bench
Get Janelle from Talkin' Sport on there, Hi guys....

It's guyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

To the OP, it's not such a bad idea, there is just no target market for it. Not too many women are going to want to sit down and watch an Oprah style RL program, and not too many blokes are going to either.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I have been quite impressed with that new female commentator Renee Gartner on Fox NRL sports before or after the games. She sounds like she is quite knowledgeable about the game when posing questions to the players.

So it got me thinking about an all girl panel league show that would discuss all matters footy but from a woman's perspective. Maybe not so formal, where they sit around on lounges and talk league and have interviews with players but more in depth and layback.

But I feel they must talk primarily about the topical issues of the game for it to really work and not just fluff pieces.

Other possible panellists could be, Rachael Finch and Bonnie Hindmarsh.

What do you all think, is it worth a go? Maybe someone from Fox will read this and runs it up the flag poll.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Gay..very gay...or should that be lesbianish

Didgi

At cheerleader tryouts in the preseason, each now has to recite a 5 min prepared speech and 3 minute impromptu speech, as well as write an essay on an important aspect of our game that they believe should be improved, how and why. The best go onto this new all chicks show. :roll:

Needless to say it will get low viewing - because it would have to be on at 1a.m. :D

cornerposter

Juniors
If they were nude and oiled up I know I would be watching.
Wendy Harmer nude and oiled!?
vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Eels Dude

Coach
This is seriously the worst idea I've ever heard in my entire 6 or 7 years of using this forum. It'd take about 30 seconds before it became a girly giggle fest and a comment about how good some player's body is.

Didgi

Sexist! Sexist!

I jest man ;-)

Should get some more women on the footy show, but only if they're going to give it something, not just be the token chick.