What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Idea For A New Type Of Footy Show

Big Mick

Referee
Does anyone know how to make podcasts on ITunes...i'd love to start a new League show on Itunes.

anyway...back on topic.

Yeah this idea has some merit...and would certainly help the female viewers.

Take some of the sexism out of the game and help the image.

AFL don't have it...therefore win!

The Tank

Bench
As someone else said Wendy Harmer would be perfect as host. I'd support this if the women were actually RL fans instead of being given a show just because they're women (if that makes sense). :)

TheRam

Coach
I think the reason that most woman don't cut it when they are on panels with the guys is that they may feel intimidated, even Bourbon Bec looked and sounded nervous on the Footy Show at times. That's why putting them on their own show where they out number the blokes would allow them to be themselves and they can then show their stuff.

After a while once they get used to expressing their thoughts on the game on television and having more experience doing it around other footy players and coaches and learning more and more about the game, we may even one day see a female co-commentator in the box with Warren Smith calling. :shock:

ironhorse

Juniors
I think the problem really is if a show like this did happen rebecca wilson would be on it . TV types are not very adventurous and she'd be a walk up start .

cornerposter

Juniors
Aside from Bourbon Bec who else have we had on the Footy Show for an extended run?
The two that come to mind are the the numerous guises of Lady Luck and Sara Murdoch.

I think the reason that most woman don't cut it when they are on panels with the guys is that they may feel intimidated, even Bourbon Bec looked and sounded nervous on the Footy Show at times. That's why putting them on their own show where they out number the blokes would allow them to be themselves and they can then show their stuff.
Agree with this point. I think your idea has merit, and as far as I'm concerned the more RL shows the better.

Iamgine this for a horror show:

Bourbon Bec
Debbie Spillane
Wendy Harmer
And the trollop with the speech impediment from the offsiders.

I would rather be chief vomit taster at the lactose intolerance institute of Nepal.

However, if we had the fox girls.

Sarah Jones - Jessica Yates - Mel McLoughlin - Lara Pitt.

You would need to handcuff your hands to the lounge to stop yourself from doing a mighty injustice to yourself.

TheRam

Coach
The two that come to mind are the the numerous guises of Lady Luck and Sara Murdoch.

Agree with this point. I think your idea has merit, and as far as I'm concerned the more RL shows the better.

That's the point isn't it? The nay sayers are just arses and plonkers really.

Eels Dude

Coach
That's the point isn't it? The nay sayers are just arses and plonkers really.

The main point is RATINGS. Instead of just suggesting an idea, why don't you tell us why you think this idea would rate with the commercial networks, and why would it be a success? Pretty simple. What demographics is this show going to cater to? It's your idea, tell us why it would work.

TheRam

Coach
The main point is RATINGS. Instead of just suggesting an idea, why don't you tell us why you think this idea would rate with the commercial networks, and why would it be a success? Pretty simple. What demographics is this show going to cater to? It's your idea, tell us why it would work.

Who said anything about commercial networks? It would work if it was hosted by the type of girls I have put forward. Who's to say that it would or wouldn't work Eels 'Ostrich' Dude. It would be like any other new show that is ever attempted, either it has the right chemistry, right format and right production team to make it work, or it doesn't. But how the hell would you or anyone else have a clue about it really. You are just pub talkers that would follow like dumb sheep and watch it anyway. Then bag it just to make your point, but keep watching it anyway with both your hands in your pockets and a tube of KY on the coffee table.

Eels Dude

Coach
Who said anything about commercial networks? It would work if it was hosted by the type of girls I have put forward. Who's to say that it would or wouldn't work Eels 'Ostrich' Dude. It would be like any other new show that is ever attempted, either it has the right chemistry, right format and right production team to make it work, or it doesn't. But how the hell would you or anyone else have a clue about it really. You are just pub talkers that would follow like dumb sheep and watch it anyway. Then bag it just to make your point, but keep watching it anyway with both your hands in your pockets and a tube of KY on the coffee table.

Your whole attitude towards potential viewers is why it would fail. Instead of having pot shots at people and throwing out insults, why don't you answer my original question. Why do you think this kind of show would work, and would any network want to invest into it?

And for the record I know a hell of a lot of about the way media ratings and demographics work within advertising and so on. If you want to put a bold proposal forward in this forum, good on you as that's great initiative, but back it up with some reasoning. That's a very simple request.

Latest posts