What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Idea For A New Type Of Footy Show

fourplay

Juniors
What topics can they discuss?

Hottest players- who's hot this round and who's not.
Football fashion- coloured boots
Best footy player hairstyles
Wolfman's beard- in or out this season?

Then they can spend the rest of the show discussing which night clubs they've followed players to, which players they are banging, which player has the biggest penis they've seen etc.

natheel

Coach
an online show may work somewhere maybe on the NSW rugbyleague site or something....just throwing ideas out there

TheRam

Coach
Your whole attitude towards potential viewers is why it would fail. Instead of having pot shots at people and throwing out insults, why don't you answer my original question. Why do you think this kind of show would work, and would any network want to invest into it?

And for the record I know a hell of a lot of about the way media ratings and demographics work within advertising and so on. If you want to put a bold proposal forward in this forum, good on you as that's great initiative, but back it up with some reasoning. That's a very simple request.

The demographic is there for three reasons.

One, they would be talking about RL, thus instant arousal and interest from a huge proportion of the population that follows the largest rating sport on television.

Two, being a female hosted show it would attract, well females to an otherwise maybe uninterested group of fans that would normally switch off due to to much testosterone in the studio from not so very attractive footballers.

And three, blokes would watch if the girls were a) attractive and b) knew what they were talking about, especially if they chose some women that could fire up every now and then. The mandate of the show must be that the girls have to have opinions and know how to state them.

But what is equally or even more important though is the formula needs to be right and the compares must have charisma and appeal. I mean look at the Matty Johns Show, they have assembled stars, legends and experts from everywhere and the thing is still a dog. It just isn't working because the recipe is wrong. If they don't tweak it and hopefully get it right, one of two things will probably end up happening. Either they will can it, or they will move it to a later time slot. But initially it did well in the ratings due to it being Matty Johns and the expectation was high and the fact that it was about RL has also got a huge bearing on who the audience is and why people are still watching in the numbers that they are or it in my opinion would of failed already.

Also the unexpected Storm controversy has I think artificially kept the ratings higher then otherwise would of been the case, due to peoples interest in that on going nightmare. But I am sure, that about 90 odd percent of us would have initially tuned into Matty's show hoping that it was worth the hype because it was about RL and that is what most of us who follow the sport want to see. I mean do we not want to see more RL based products on TV? I know I do.

So in a nut shell the demographic is anyone that has an interest in Rugby League. I would have thought that that was obvious to an experienced man such as yourself Eels Dude. Sure you can drill it down and break it up into different groups, but overall if they get the formula right with the right hosts presenting and not resort to, as I stated earlier, fluff and girly girl topics of interest, then people will tune in.

Surely you can see that? If the host of a show has presence and can appeal to an audience, then people are drawn to it and if the topic of discussion is of massive interest, then really how can it fail? The way I see it, the show would not fail or succeed because it is women who are the hosts, but rather its fate would rest on the type of women that are chosen and how they interact with one another and guests.

TheRam

Coach
Just another thought, maybe one of the female hosts could be drawn from the thousands of volunteers in junior RL. Surely from the countless volunteers that help run the game, the execs of a show like this can find just ONE woman that presents well and speaks well, that can contribute to the show from the perspective of someone that has actually been a part of the game at some level. Especially when commenting on ideas about junior development and the alike.

Just before the critics in here bag the crap out of this idea, that is all I am doing here, putting forward ideas, not passing binding legislation through the senate.

adamkungl

Immortal
What topics can they discuss?

Hottest players- who's hot this round and who's not.
Football fashion- coloured boots
Best footy player hairstyles
Wolfman's beard- in or out this season?

So...pretty much the same as The Footy Show then?

I'm not particularly against the idea....I just don't see the point. If women are as qualified to talk about footy as men are, why do we need a specifically female show? It shouldn't make a difference...