What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open Fan Forum between our CEO and Board

I think it helps his game when he's not doing all the tackling. If we can get more of a defensive effort out of some of the others in our squad I can see Hindy having a great year for us this season.
its a cliche but true: the best defence is a good offense if our halves are getting good field position & repeat sets hindy will be tackling less because we will have more of the ball

born an eel

Bench
if hindy learns to sit on the bench I believe he will be more effective. Playing 80 mins seem to dull his attacking penetration.

Freak2

Juniors
ALL OVER IT GERONIMO. Was the first point that came to my mind when reading this latest story as well.

If reading between the lines and the club is pushing for a public commitment from Hiney then I will not be impressed!! They made a meal of Cayless retirement announcement and now it would appear are playing with fire with Hiney!!

TIME WILL TELL!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some get more than others though. It surprises me how much Blair is rated when his metres are very poor in comparison to other edge forwards.

In his last three full games (i.e. before he got sent off in the first half at Brookvale), he made 100 metres each game.

You probably saw Melbourne go downhill last year after they lost him. Blair is quality mate - only Gallen and Thaiday are as good.

Eels Dude

Coach
In his last three full games (i.e. before he got sent off in the first half at Brookvale), he made 100 metres each game.

You probably saw Melbourne go downhill last year after they lost him. Blair is quality mate - only Gallen and Thaiday are as good.

I will admit I don't get the opportunity to watch many Storm games but you're more than likely right. There must be something about him to want the Tigers pay half a million for him. I've just never seen it in the games I have seen. I always rated Ryan Hoffman a much better player and Melbourne will easily fill the void by having him return next year.

Like yourself, I take an interest in stats sometimes and Blair's stats are weak compared to other edge forwards, stats don't always tell the story though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I will admit I don't get the opportunity to watch many Storm games but you're more than likely right. There must be something about him to want the Tigers pay half a million for him. I've just never seen it in the games I have seen. I always rated Ryan Hoffman a much better player and Melbourne will easily fill the void by having him return next year.

Like yourself, I take an interest in stats sometimes and Blair's stats are weak compared to other edge forwards, stats don't always tell the story though.

You're right they don't, especially defensive stats, which is why Hoffman would seem as good a player as Blair because on paper he is - at least attacking on the edge.

The reason Blair is better than Hoffman is because unlike Hoffman, Blair can play prop with equal aplomb (a quality shared by Gallen and Thaiday) as well as the fact that Blair is a much better defender than Hoffman.

For his ability to defend one-on-one against so many different types of players - fullbacks, halfbacks, front-rowers - Adam Blair is probably the best in the game.

There are a couple of better attacking edge forwards going around - Mateo and Taylor - but those two have their weaknesses whereas Blair is the complete package. There's only really three forwards you could say that about (Blair, Thaiday, Gallen) which is why they're all on massive coin, and all mainstays of their international teams.

Latest posts