What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anasta signs with Roosters

Tom Arber

Juniors

Anasta signs with Roosters
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
dottedline_full.gif

Braith_Anasta_NSW.jpg

The Sydney Roosters today announced the signing of NSW five-eighth Braith Anasta for three years, encompassing 2006, 2007 and 2008.

The Blues pivot played a leading role in NSW’s victory in the State Of Origin.

Anasta is confident his move to the Sydney Roosters will improve his football.

“My decision was based upon the opportunity to work under Roosters and State of Origin Coach Ricky Stuart and not based upon any financial considerations. I am looking forward to the new challenge in 2006," Anasta said.

Sydney Roosters CEO Brian Canavan believes Anasta's signing will be of great benefit to the club.

“Braith is a great addition to our playing roster, from his on field talent to his off field leadership, the club will benefit from his presence," he said.

Source:

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ArticleID=1358

ausraider

Juniors
Decision not based upon any financial considerations, what a f**king joke.Only a wood duck will say that.

ibeme

First Grade
Kelly Patrol said:
If it was nothing to do with money,why did Anasta state after Mason resigned, that he would have to move on?

I'd say that his decision to leave the Bulldogs was based somewhat on money, but his decision to choose the Roosters over Souths may not have been.

aids

Bench
poosters will have a collection of great halves, but a shrinking forward pack.
i really think they should have focused on getting a few good forwards.

good signing for anyone that has him, anasta has been playing great football this year.

Alba

Coach
i fail to see how they stay within the cap this is a joke .. but apparently he signed with them like 3 weeks ago

JK

The forward situation is the most interesting. The best halves in the world can't reach their potential behind the wilting daisies at Bondi.

Morley is not big enough to cover them all!

aussies1st

Staff member
The main reason he went to the roosters is because of rep footy. We all know it, Anasta at Souths would have no hope of making NSW

Nonny1980

Juniors
In the long term its always about money. Just becuase he's taking less now doesn't mean he will get less in the long run. With a successful club comes more sponsorship opportunities as does playing rep footy.

And I know for a fact he's getting some on the side that won't be seen by the salary cap auditor. But that's why the roosters are successful, they have quality executives who treat football as a business which it is now days. Any club can do what the roosters are doing but they need quality business men in charge.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Surprise, Surprise! :rolleyes:
Yet another huge Salary Cap breac.... Whoops! I meant Salary Cap "Innovation" from the Sydney Roosters.

Pantherjim.

PC Rooster

Juniors
JK said:
The forward situation is the most interesting. The best halves in the world can't reach their potential behind the wilting daisies at Bondi.

Morley is not big enough to cover them all!

The forward situation will be the real test for the Roosters next year. They have the backline to contend. I think the starting side would look something like

Morley
Wing
Tupou
Fitzgibbon
Flannery
Harrison
Finch
Anasta
Roberts
Soliola
Cross
Monoghan
Mini

Bench
Hannant
Schubert
Fa'aoso
l'Estrange

Most people would admit that the starting side would be among the best in the comp (depending on your view of Finch that is). Tupou will only get better and he was the one of the best on the field on Sunday. Every player in the starting pack has representative honours (Tupou was country). But the weakness is the bench and the consequent depth of the club. This is inevitable in the salary cap era. So to get to the last four the Roosters will either need to be quite lucky with injuries and/or have a few of there lesser known players come through as Crocker and Flannery did a few years ago.

aids

Bench
swap wing and finch

then swap l'strange for finch

then swap soward for finch.

honestly, unless the roosters sign Ross in the next few days i recon they'll struggle again.

this year they have had good go froward and no direction
next year they'll have moderate go-forward and too much direction

Parra_Eels

Bench
i can see how they stay under the cap considering they have released quite a few players and some have retired. they've released more than they've signed - harrison and anasta