What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And they call Storm fans Arrogant!!

StormChaser

First Grade
So far I have heard five different stories of blatant bad sportsmanship and just outright loutishness from Manly fans after the game, and my case, even before the game when I had my ribbons ripped off my car and the windshield spat on.

Dani from this very forum was punched in the arm.
I had friends who travelled from Vic only to be spat at and told to "f**k off back over the border you Mexican merkins"
Another guy who was pushed and shoved in a Sydney pub before the game.
A friend of mine had a Manly supporter up in her face yelling profanities.
A guy I work with told me the story of a friend of his that was grabbed around the head in a "joking" manner by a Manly fan and told "That's not a grapple, THIS is a grapple".

Dead set, I am ashamed to be a Sydneysider. The gormless twats just ate up all the media bullsh*t and created this air of hysteria!

As for 'bandwagon' jumping, yeah the stadium was full of Manly fans, but where were they throughout the year?

Cloud9

So far I have heard five different stories of blatant bad sportsmanship and just outright loutishness from Manly fans after the game, and my case, even before the game when I had my ribbons ripped off my car and the windshield spat on.

I had friends who travelled from Vic only to be spat at and told to "f**k off back over the border you Mexican merkins"
A guy I work with told me the story of a friend of his that was grabbed around the head in a "joking" manner by a Manly fan and told "That's not a grapple, THIS is a grapple".

Dead set, I am ashamed to be a Sydneysider. The gormless twats just ate up all the media bullsh*t and created this air of hysteria!

As for 'bandwagon' jumping, yeah the stadium was full of Manly fans, but where were they throughout the year?

Thats disgraceful Chaser, how low can these scum buckets go?

StormChaser

First Grade
5! Out of 80,000! Outrageous

You're totally missing the point, it's obvious these are isolated incidents, but I've been following and going to watch league my whole life and have never seen anything like it........Ok, one time at a Bulldogs game I saw a brawl, but the sheer aggro of it all. Just staggering.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Every team has d###head supporters, don't bring all Manly and Sydney fans down because of a few drunk idiots.

I would think that you would get a lot of bandwagon jumpers who go to no games during the season yet go to the finals..they are the idiots who cause the trouble.

cb4

First Grade
I would think that you would get a lot of bandwagon jumpers who go to no games during the season yet go to the finals..they are the idiots who cause the trouble.

good point
same thing at the storm sharks game
some wanker started a fight then said he didnt care coz he didnt support anyone playing

good point
same thing at the storm sharks game
some wanker started a fight then said he didnt care coz he didnt support anyone playing

The same thing happened at a Storm home game...a supposed Storm fan started a blue with a Roosters fan next to me.

The stupid thing was that he was calling out "cmon the vics"...had never seen him before yet he reckoned that he was a regular fan...garbage.

camsmith

Juniors
FWIW I had no troubles, most Manly supporters around me were fine and just wanted to celebrate their team winning.

Quite different to last year where they felt like throwing bottles at us, who were celebrating.

brad_19

Juniors
FWIW I had no troubles, most Manly supporters around me were fine and just wanted to celebrate their team winning.

Quite different to last year where they felt like throwing bottles at us, who were celebrating.

Yeah most were fine, but there was one guy near me that was kicked out. His carrying on was a bit over the top, swearing and standing on seats etc. Somebody said something like "sit down" and he arked up. Started screaming abuse at this couple who had a couple of kids and one of them started crying. You'd think that would shut him up but he kept on going. He was eventually kicked out. It felt good to know that dickheads like that missed out on the celebrations...

Other then that tho, the majority were good. Plenty abusing the Storm etc but I had very little abuse thrown at me, and I was, like most people, in a Manly dominated area. After about 20 minutes though, I was doing very little to draw attention which probably helped!

Ice777

Bench
We had a few incidents but nothing that got too out of hand. I got up to go to the toilet with about 10 minutes to go and some toothless feral mouthed off saying some bullsh*t about being weak for leaving early. I've never left a game before the final siren in my life and i wasn't gonna start then.

Also when we were on the way out in the train queue corralled behind those steel barrier things a bloke gobbed off telling us "Mexican pricks" to piss off home and spat in our general direction. My mate went to jump the fence to give the bloke a bit of a scare which it did because he nearly sh*t himself when he seen him coming :lol: Anyway security was there and didn't go any further. There were a few other things over the course of the 3 days we were there but they were the main ones.

StormChaser

First Grade
Christ! I just noticed that myself. Thank God he has blocked me......er...well.......not literally. You know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Titan you make me laugh, you will continue to bag our team and yet you support the titans! I would rather get towelled out of a GF than not make the finals at all. Loser much?

Bulldog Force

Referee

Don't say that. Melbournians are just as bad when it comes to AFL... one of my mates who supports Carlton was involved in a fight while in the stands at a game played at the MCG. 2 supporters from Geelong jumped him for yelling out "you beauty" when his team kicked a goal.

Queenslanders aren't any better. They are the worst when it comes to the NRL. They are the most arrogant supporters of all.

Personally, I don't think Storm supporters are arrogant - but I do think some of the staff and players can be.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Yes you are,by 40 :lol:

again another douche who laughs at his own pityful comedic efforts, again I would rather get towelled in the GF than not make the finals at all.
Does bagging our team out make you feel better about your guys failure yet again?

Latest posts