What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson To Stay.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
About time this bullsh*t was put to bed, now hopefully the boys can get on with it and win some footy games.

Parra

Referee
He has the full support of the board.

Not looking good for Ando. Let's hope he stays anyway.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i'll put it out there, i think he's gone. the probability is almost certain that we won't win all 3 games and will therefore miss the finals due to for and against.

when that reality sinks in, it will have been an extremely disappointing season. one which has been fortunately relatively unaffected by injury, so there's very little excuse.

i don't want to see him gone, but i wouldn't blame the board for making ando accountable if we miss the finals.

yy_cheng

Coach
i'll put it out there, i think he's gone. the probability is almost certain that we won't win all 3 games and will therefore miss the finals due to for and against.

when that reality sinks in, it will have been an extremely disappointing season. one which has been fortunately relatively unaffected by injury, so there's very little excuse.

i don't want to see him gone, but i wouldn't blame the board for making ando accountable if we miss the finals.

I agree.

If the coach can't motivate the players or the coach can't provide the right strategies, or the coach doesn't know how to use the cattle he has, well, why waste another year?

tbh, I haven't seen anything special this year. Maybe the improvement in Mannah's game but not anyone elses.

Eels Dude

Coach
I agree.

If the coach can't motivate the players or the coach can't provide the right strategies, or the coach doesn't know how to use the cattle he has, well, why waste another year?

tbh, I haven't seen anything special this year. Maybe the improvement in Mannah's game but not anyone elses.

That's not the coaches overall role though. You can only do so much with the cattle you have and to be fair to DA he's had to coach a side not cohsen by himself after Hagan's premature resignation. He was handed a side and told he had to coach it... and under his first year even though some of the 'cattle' weren't players he liked he still got us to the grand final. What do you guys really expect of him? Contract negotiations can be drawn out and complicated, ultimately decided by the board and CEO as opposed to the coach. Jarryd Hayne is a star no doubt, yet the rest of our spine (Morts, Robson, Matt Keating) is rather weak and that's not DA's fault.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
That's not the coaches overall role though. You can only do so much with the cattle you have and to be fair to DA he's had to coach a side not cohsen by himself after Hagan's premature resignation. He was handed a side and told he had to coach it... and under his first year even though some of the 'cattle' weren't players he liked he still got us to the grand final. What do you guys really expect of him? Contract negotiations can be drawn out and complicated, ultimately decided by the board and CEO as opposed to the coach. Jarryd Hayne is a star no doubt, yet the rest of our spine (Morts, Robson, Matt Keating) is rather weak and that's not DA's fault.

:lol:you can't claim credit for getting a new side to the finals and then void any responsibility for failure after.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'm not going to take it as a given, but hope it's true.

Its pretty obvious that the 3P board know that if Dennis Fitzgerald can be easily chucked out by an organised pissed off mob so can they. 3P now know, the message is very very clear, the removal of Daniel Anderson represents their demise at the next two elections.

If you're depressed already Casper, then make sure you don't look too far into what might be carrots behind the faceless property developers involved in the ticket for our Board - that scenario (if it does unfold in the near future) might make us even sadder about the whole episode.

But chin up, forget the behind the scenes stuff for 80 minutes and make sure you bring the family for what should be a great game of footy, with the Eels still in finals contention. :thumn.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=366981

Also, based on what Bartman indicated a few days ago, and in conjunction with Parramatta Leagues Club, etc, assets, if those board member developers amongst 3P have their greedy fingers on a few projects they will not want this cash bonanza to be sabotaged. So, they go easy easy...... lets not rock the boat....

If what Bart has indicated is true, then it clearly shows that these 3P directors, and probably others, are involved with Parramatta Leagues Club, etc, for all the wrong reasons.....

This whole 3P scenario seems to have a terrible stench associated with it.

Can anyone bring more light to what Bartman has raised?

Last edited:

eels81236

Bench
That's true, but they could have done it earlier which would have put a stop to all the stupid talk in the Telegraph this week.

Suity

Agreed 100%.

There is, IMO, zero reason why it should have been out of bed in the first place let alone for so long.

Its pretty obvious that the 3P board know that if Dennis Fitzgerald can be easily chucked out by an organised pissed off mob so can they. 3P now know, the message is very very clear, the removal of Daniel Anderson represents their demise at the next two elections.
i tend to agree with you casper if the board was going to back ando why not do it the second these rumors started and nip it in the bud instead they have let it go on for weeks without comment and now all of a sudden his job is guaranteed?
hardly a ringing endorsement if i were ando i would be more worried not less

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
Great news. I hope Ando picks up some players he wants for next year, so he can be judged on his merits at the end of his contract.
Too late for that now mate, we're just gonna have to grab a few kids from Wenty and cross our fingers next year.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Regardless on the result this year, the '09 and '10 season has been a real breath of fresh air for me as a long time Parra fan.
Our team is building into a new era. Our coach loves the team and wants to be here for the long haul, no doubt.
I greatly hope the end to this season is strong and the entire '11 season is dominant.
I honestly believe the future is very rosy for the eels. Far better than it has been for the last few years under Smith and the two years under the 'master coach'.

lucablight

First Grade

While I think Daniel Anderson should remain coach I don't see how you can't say it isn't his fault about the spine of the team being weak. He was the coach when Matt Keating, Mortimer and Robson were re-signed.

Latest posts