What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Emilio

Andrew Emilio, the player cut by the sharks a couple of years agao, is back and on the bench with the Dogs, after couple of seasons in england.

Which coach cut him, was it Anderson who bought him into grade or Raper when he got here.

Interseting to see how this centre performs

Special K

Coach
Hands like feet and couldn't tackle.

That said if he did catch the ball he did look decent at times with it and he had some great hair cuts..

Thomo.

First Grade
i thought i saw his name appear in Pl for parramatta, or it must of been another guy of similar nature from the ando days:?

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Another one who had potential but never looked like living up to it at the Sharks. Should have been a good player but just wasnt.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I rated him & Kinga as our best junior recruits over the last 6 years.
Kinga is starting to get there, Emilio never did.
If he does find his confidence & a coach that can use his array of weapons, he will be a great player.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
add to that, he never was gifted a cemented spot in first grade like Bird & Simmons have been over 3 years & the guy more ability in his sleep then those 2 put together.
If anybody has wraps on Peewee Moke because of his displays in the lower grades, then double that, you have Emilio 5 years ago.

carcharias

Immortal
Is he the fella that had the corn rows and played in the centres against the Queens in a day game at Oki a few years back?

It was the game where Noddy threw another superb intercept.

If it is him ...he looked the part until the whistle blew......then it was tragic.

MightySharks

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
I rated him & Kinga as our best junior recruits over the last 6 years.
Kinga is starting to get there, Emilio never did.
If he does find his confidence & a coach that can use his array of weapons, he will be a great player.

Just out of curiosity is there anyone we have cut in the last three years that you didn'y rate, you always blame the club for a player not making it but never the player!

News Flash mate if the player was a true talent he would make it just about anywhere and a very small number of players just doesn't fit in at a club and go okay elsewhere.
This has happened at all clubs not just the sharks. Yo make it sound like we let alot of players go that go on and become superstars which just is not the case.

The_General

Juniors
Does anyone know how many games Emelio played during the 2003/ 2004 season.

From memory i believe he scored one try but am unsure on the amount of appearances he made.

Any help?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
MightySharks said:
Just out of curiosity is there anyone we have cut in the last three years that you didn'y rate, you always blame the club for a player not making it but never the player!

News Flash mate if the player was a true talent he would make it just about anywhere and a very small number of players just doesn't fit in at a club and go okay elsewhere.
This has happened at all clubs not just the sharks. Yo make it sound like we let alot of players go that go on and become superstars which just is not the case.
Hang on , is that anti fluff????
If you were happy they got cut, then why were you so fluffy when they were around? Will you be saying the same about some of our current players, which are good, in 3 years time?
i.e. go from Mr Super Fluff to the evil Dr anti fluff?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The_General said:
Does anyone know how many games Emelio played during the 2003/ 2004 season.

From memory i believe he scored one try but am unsure on the amount of appearances he made.

Any help?
He also did his knee in 04 & had a few injuries during his time at the Sharks.

MightySharks

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Hang on , is that anti fluff????
If you were happy they got cut, then why were you so fluffy when they were around? Will you be saying the same about some of our current players, which are good, in 3 years time?
i.e. go from Mr Super Fluff to the evil Dr anti fluff?

Mate i never started the label of fluffiness! I have never rated Mc Goldrick or Mellars, What I have said and I still maintain is when a player puts on the blue black and white he has my full support for the 80mins. I always hope that a player who i don't rate can change my mind.Mellars and Mc Goldrick never changed my mind.