What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita Paul Kent Andrew Webster

betcats

Referee
Haha

It was a secret political statement

Good one.

You're dumber than him.

You see. You literally have nothing but insults when you cant blame the media except to imply I am misunderstanding the obvious as if you can read his mind and know his intentions.

Most people arguing against seem to have a problem with the harshness of the penalty and the round about way it has been applied which is fair enough, I don't really agree but there is some good arguments there to be made, or even the inconsistency and hypocrisy of it considering Mals relations. But you Carchy seem to be arguing that he hasn't done anything wrong or improper at all which is quite amazing really, it takes a special kind of bias to take that stance, well done.

It reminds me of when the ref incident happened and some sharks fans started attacking the ref and questioning his character, classic stuff.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I don't reckon he's done anything wrong. If f meant free then maybe but it's not (see fmb - for my brothers) or at least it can't be proven. It was a discreet message for kl only and it still remains so. He knows him as a mate not a killer. That's why I reckon integrity unit is struggling. That's why they imposed this interim action because when they eventually drop it, it looks like they've done something.

T-Boon

Coach
But you Carchy seem to be arguing that he hasn't done anything wrong or improper at all which is quite amazing really, it takes a special kind of bias to take that stance, well done.

Its not just Carchy that thinks he hasn't done anything wrong.
I don't even like Fifita. But there is just nothing wrong with this.

carcharias

Immortal
You see. You literally have nothing but insults when you cant blame the media except to imply I am misunderstanding the obvious as if you can read his mind and know his intentions.

Most people arguing against seem to have a problem with the harshness of the penalty and the round about way it has been applied which is fair enough, I don't really agree but there is some good arguments there to be made, or even the inconsistency and hypocrisy of it considering Mals relations. But you Carchy seem to be arguing that he hasn't done anything wrong or improper at all which is quite amazing really, it takes a special kind of bias to take that stance, well done.

It reminds me of when the ref incident happened and some sharks fans started attacking the ref and questioning his character, classic stuff.

You're argument is illogical .

Why on earth would he write FKL meaning free him?
Fifita sat in court during the case , he knows what he did.
He isn't geniused.
He is fully aware of what the punishment for murder is.

Even if it did mean " free" why was it a secret ?
Was it that only Loveridge knew ?

Hahaha.

Doesn't it make more sense that he wrote a msg of support for his mate who he knew was watching?

The media was the only ones who ever mentioned the " free" theory .

Read every article about .
They always cover their by saying it " might " mean Free.

Wake up.

Feej

First Grade
No one has a problem with him standing by his mate. The problem is him using NRL games to broadcast the FKL message which most people once made aware of his connection to Kieran Loveridge will interpret as him saying "free Kieran Loveridge" and that is an issue.

Well, that's what the media told you to believe I guess...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
And what happens if one of the young males he helps through community works gets pissed punches someone and kills them ?

I'd be pretty annoyed if he associated the raiders with it but as a private citizen Austin should be able to support who he wants.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If you are suspending a player for supporting a murderer while also letting a guy coach the team who did the exact same thing then it's just hypocrisy.

It's astounding that people are still pushing this ridiculously tenuous link as "the exact same thing" despite it having been categorically proven to not be even close to the same thing.

How much longer are you going to bleat "but, but, but Meninga!" before you realise how silly it sounds?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

He isn't geniused.

Hahaha.

Doesn't it make more sense that he wrote a msg of support for his mate who he knew was watching?

Wake up.

It doesn't even matter if everyone believes it meant "For". The NRL have apparently decided that they don't want someone using their game time and broadcaster to publish this message.

And they are well within their rights to do so.

myrrh ken

First Grade
It's astounding that people are still pushing this ridiculously tenuous link as "the exact same thing" despite it having been categorically proven to not be even close to the same thing.

How much longer are you going to bleat "but, but, but Meninga!" before you realise how silly it sounds?

Explain

carcharias

Immortal
It doesn't even matter if everyone believes it meant "For". The NRL have apparently decided that they don't want someone using their game time and broadcaster to publish this message.

And they are well within their rights to do so.
That's fine with me.
The innuendo isn't though.

Card Shark

Immortal

Am I missing something? Sorry but I'm not reading through the barbs in the thread.

It seems like absolutely remarkably the same thing to me.

Please explain how it's silly?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Am I missing something? Sorry but I'm not reading through the barbs in the thread.

It seems like absolutely remarkably the same thing to me.

Please explain how it's silly?

Several people have done that already. You point out why you think it's remarkably the same and I'll provide my counter.

Card Shark

Immortal
Several people have done that already. You point out why you think it's remarkably the same and I'll provide my counter.

Fifita visits killer in gaol, Meninga visits killer in gaol.
Fifita supports killer, Meninga supports killer.

No need to reply.

betcats

Referee

He isn't geniused.

Hahaha.

Wake up.

I think the 'F' standing for free makes the most sense. I don't really give a shit what his intentions were after that, it probably was just a message of support but it doesn't really matter what his intentions were. He could of made it any kind of symbol or msg that is the stupid thing. To me it's extremely naive to believe that FKL is some secret message other than Free Kieran Loveridge.

Card Shark

Immortal
Nailed it. I have no counter.

Just remember you had the opportunity to engage in intelligent debate.

I'm not interested in a debate, that's why I haven't read the thread because of what I've seen, it's a shitfight.

Just wanted to understand your take on it.