What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita Paul Kent Andrew Webster

StormHi

Juniors
I suffer from the following
Complex Ptsd
AdHd
Boderline personality disorder
Extreme anxiety
Extreme depression

I am heavily medicated just to allow me to function on a day to day basis. There is no cure only management and the truth of the matter is not even my own family fully understands what I suffer on a day to day basis.

Hell I barely understand my illnesses.

I can't hate on someone for being ignorant and not educated on the nuances of mental illness.

However the media's witch hunt of Andrew is pretty disgusting. And with the resources at "journalists " disposal you would think some actual research into the subject would have been done.

And fans jumping on the hate band wagon should be ashamed of yourselves.

PS if my friend was accused of murder I would stand by them. What kind of friend would you be if you did not? "Rape and Pedophiles is where my line in the sand is drawn"

betcats

Referee
No one has a problem with him standing by his mate. The problem is him using NRL games to broadcast the FKL message which most people once made aware of his connection to Kieran Loveridge will interpret as him saying "free Kieran Loveridge" and that is an issue.

As for the media witch hunt, if you are a public figure and you are going to leave yourself open to it with stupid comments and actions then its your fault, the media will take advantage. Everyone knows how our media operates, they aren't just going to make an exception for Fifita.

myrrh ken

First Grade
But the nrl is making an exception of Fifita as the non selection is unprecedented. Compared to what other players on the team have done this is trivial yet those players suffered no repercussions at this level. The only difference is the media hysteria.

betcats

Referee
But the nrl is making an exception of Fifita as the non selection is unprecedented. Compared to what other players on the team have done this is trivial yet those players suffered no repercussions at this level. The only difference is the media hysteria.

This wont be held against fifita forever, but this year obviously it is. Off the top of my head Fergo was dropped from NSW when he f**ked up, many other players have been dropped or left out of rep teams for bad behaviour its not some new punishment inveted for Fifita.

As for the NRL being inconsistent with its punishments, when have they ever been consistent with this sort of issue? Pearce copped a 7 week ban because of media hysteria and James Roberts copped nothing for what most would consider worse offenses. Its not new or special to fifita at all, its unfortunate for him but IMO the NRL has done the right thing in this case and I hope they apply this standard consistently across all of our rep teams.

When JWH was being left out of NZ teams when he was obviously one of the best props available for NZ where was all of this outrage?

carcharias

Immortal
No one has a problem with him standing by his mate. The problem is him using NRL games to broadcast the FKL message which most people once made aware of his connection to Kieran Loveridge will interpret as him saying "free Kieran Loveridge" and that is an issue.

As for the media witch hunt, if you are a public figure and you are going to leave yourself open to it with stupid comments and actions then its your fault, the media will take advantage. Everyone knows how our media operates, they aren't just going to make an exception for Fifita.
Hang on
He was asked to stop it months ago and he stopped.
He apologised to the family
Even offered to meet them to do it personally .
He also said he still be mates with Loveridge.
He has categorically denied it meant "free".

Media is still going on about now ?
It is a media witch hunt in every sense of the word .

The NRL haven't finished their so called investigation yet but they've already punished him.
Same goes for Sami.
He hasn't even had his day in court.
The NRL appear to have caved to the media.
They even made a point of using these incidents as a reason why both players were not picked.

The NRL are a rabble
With the King of bullshit running the show

myrrh ken

First Grade
Well writing initials is the new outrage standard replacing the faking to piss in your own gob

betcats

Referee
I don't really care what Fifita said anymore, he says one thing in a statement then says some totally different in an interview. He isn't someone who's word I would put much faith in at all.

Like I said, if you leave yourself open to a witch hunt then its your problem. He isn't new to his position he should know how our media works now.

carcharias

Immortal
I don't really care what Fifita said anymore, he says one thing in a statement then says some totally different in an interview. He isn't someone who's word I would put much faith in at all.

Like I said, if you leave yourself open to a witch hunt then its your problem. He isn't new to his position he should know how our media works now.
That is complete bullshit.
He said sorry to the family

Then later on he said he would still stand by his mate.

standing by his mate does not = fafita condoning the crime or even suggesting he should be let out of gaol .

betcats

Referee
That is complete bullshit.
He said sorry to the family

Then later on he said he would still stand by his mate.

standing by his mate does not = fafita condoning the crime or even suggesting he should be let out of gaol .

He said sorry in a written statement then later said, and this is a direct quote btw "I have no regrets about that". That's a direct contradiction to the perfectly worded statement that was released imo and is the main reason the NRL has punished him like this. Your own club placed a media ban on him because they could see the danger of letting the muppet speak in public.

Surely

Post Whore
I mean is this the standard of good in the nrl ? Blake Austin is from the western suburbs and does heaps of community work but has also managed to not connect the nrl with a killer.

And what happens if one of the young males he helps through community works gets pissed punches someone and kills them ?

carcharias

Immortal
He said sorry in a written statement then later said, and this is a direct quote btw "I have no regrets about that". That's a direct contradiction to the perfectly worded statement that was released imo and is the main reason the NRL has punished him like this. Your own club placed a media ban on him because they could see the danger of letting the muppet speak in public.
Yeah you dope
No regrets for standing by his mate .
Not the bullshit spun by the media about him calling for Loveridge to be released .

You can't be that dumb.

Do you think he was actually making a public statement calling for Liveridge to be released?
Honest answer.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think it's pretty naive to think that it's only a problem because he broadcast a message during an nrl gam by writing fkl on his wrist. Do you really think that if Fifita had a sign out the front of his house saying 'free/for Kevin Loveridge' or called up a radio station as a private citizen giving support for loveridge their wouldn't be a witchhunt led by the likes of paul kent? The original outrage was about the prison visits in this story. Other players like carney, pearce and monaghan have been suspended or sacked for things they have done in private, with the rationale that they are always representing the code. On the other hand the arguement is that he broadcast something the nrl doesn't like while in uniform. So lets say he advertised a rival alchohol company or energy drink company etc on his wrist during the game. Technically this would be the same thing, broadcasting something that doesn't allign with the nrl's standards. In that case would their be the same witch hunt, snubbing off the ccm and selection in the Australian team and threatened with suspension? Somehow i think not. I think in that case it would be handled the same way the sharks did. Stop doing it, make an apology. Maybe a fine
So it all comes down to what he did. If you are suspending a player for supporting a murderer while also letting a guy coach the team who did the exact same thing then it's just hypocrisy. A journalist like kent has defended rothfields relationship with a guy like eddie hayson yet attack fifita on something similar is also hypocrisy.

betcats

Referee
They go to prison and if Austin wants to continue his support he does it privately.
Yeah you dope
Not the bullshit spun by the media about him calling for Loveridge to be released .

You can't be that dumb.

Do you think he was actually making a public statement calling for Liveridge to be released?
Honest answer.

lol look at Carchy getting all upset cause the big bad NRL is picking on his sharkies again, calm down you big sook Fifita will be alright. He said "I have no regrets about that" not that he has "no regrets about sticking up for my mate" so I think I will base my opinions off what he actually said not what Carchy the biased sook thinks he meant(which of course suits his argument to a T).

I believe FKL stood for "free Kieran loveridge" whether or not he actually wanted him or thought he could be freed I cant answer and neither can you and it is irrelevant.

Surely

Post Whore
Yeah you dope

You can't be that dumb.

Honest answer.

Oh he can

carcharias

Immortal
They go to prison and if Austin wants to continue his support he does it privately.

lol look at Carchy getting all upset cause the big bad NRL is picking on his sharkies again, calm down you big sook Fifita will be alright. He said "I have no regrets about that" not that he has "no regrets about sticking up for my mate" so I think I will base my opinions off what he actually said not what Carchy the biased sook thinks he meant(which of course suits his argument to a T).

I believe FKL stood for "free Kieran loveridge" whether or not he actually wanted him or thought he could be freed I cant answer and neither can you and it is irrelevant.

Great answer ... Predictable.

I refuse to believe you are that dumb.

If it was a statement why was it a secret?

betcats

Referee
Great answer ... Predictable.

I refuse to believe you are that dumb.

If it was a statement why was it a secret?

It wasn't a secret, it was on his wrist for everyone to see. Considering I am so dumb you aren't exactly talking circles around me are you haha Carchy you classic. If it wasn't for your statements of disbelief and your insults your whole argument would be:

"Its the media"

and

"He didn't mean it that way" lol f**k off.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
It wasn't a secret, it was on his wrist for everyone to see. Considering I am so dumb you aren't exactly talking circles around me are you haha Carchy you classic. If it wasn't for your statements of disbelief and your insults your whole argument would be:

"Its the media"

and

"He didn't mean it that way" lol f**k off.

Haha

It was a secret political statement

Good one.

You're dumber than him.