What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita Paul Kent Andrew Webster

carcharias

Immortal
Just out of interest
So you can't be friends with criminals

How does a bloke like Russell packer get a gig ?

shaggs

Coach
I thought you might find that the fine is he just doesn't get paid.
I don't think they can do that. You need to be paid something per fortnight or month.

They will take a percentage until it's paid off.
700k per year is about 30k per month after tax.
Maybe they take 7k per month for 3 months??

Im betting all of the "fines" that the NRL imposes on a player from "X" club just gets deducted from the Club grant and the club can sort out how it deals with it.
Doubt it. If clubs are paying player fines it would have to count on the salary cap. You know, if the cap is actually relevant.

Arnold

Juniors
I don't think they can do that. You need to be paid something per fortnight or month.

They will take a percentage until it's paid off.
700k per year is about 30k per month after tax.
Maybe they take 7k per month for 3 months??

That's what I meant. Not one lump Sum.

Ray McKigney

Juniors
The double standard and hypocrisy of the NRL is astounding. They came down on Fifita for his support of Loveridge, resulting in him missing out on test selection and supposedly the clive churchill medal. Yet the NRL did nothing, not even a peep when Rabbitohs chairman Nick Pappas gave a glowing character reference to anal rapist Luke Lazarus. One showed support in public, the other did in the court of law to give Lazarus a leaner sentence. Big Difference.

Absolutely disgusting. Didn't even rate a mention in the news or footy show.

BTW I'm no fan of Fifita. I think he's a deadshit thug who needs to be sterilized then euthanized.

myrrh ken

First Grade
nice pick up there raaaay.

Also apparently this is fine too.

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/rugby-league-week/20160602/282252369783427

1468849548816.jpg

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Haha Its a stupid point and has already been discussed half a dozen times. Fifita could of done the same thing as Pappas and nothing would of come of it. He could of come out publically and supported the one punch dog also if he wanted to do that. He just cant use an NRL match broadcast to show his support, our game lives and dies on tv money how hard is it to get?

Latest posts