What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns decison is made - Warrington over the 'roos

Copa

Bench
They know now Mr Johns.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_league/article311000.ece

The issue of which match Johns would play in had been shelved - until yesterday. "I won't be going home," the half-back said unequivocally.
Asked how he thought the Australian authorities would react to that decision, Johns replied: "I haven't told them yet. I think they sort of knew that. Warrington have gone out of their way to make me welcome. I want to pay them back and it wouldn't feel right not to be here for a Grand Final."

Mr Saab

Referee
oh well...thats that then
Lockyer will be captain (never any doubt anyway)
Barrett will play 1/2back....maybe Prince, but if Barrett goes to the GF i would think he will be the 7 for australia.

that is providing warrington even make the GF.

aussies1st

Staff member
May as well put Barrett at 7. It will only be for one game and he has experience whereas Prince doesn't.

innsaneink

Referee
Screw him...rep careers over joey boy...you cant make yourself available for reps then change your mind, even the gr8 joey cant have pie and eat too.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yes he can, it's a unique situation. He has awlays wanted to play in England and this is the one and only chance he will ever have. I don't think he deserves to be criticised for this.

In the meantime, I'd give Scott Prince a shot. What better time to blood him? Plus having Locky beside him will ease the pressure

JoeD

First Grade
it's a unique situation

No its not, Faumuina is going over there too and giving up a rep jersey to do so. Next year there could be half a dozen players wanting to do the same thing.

aussies1st

Staff member
JoeD said:
No its not, Faumuina is going over there too and giving up a rep jersey to do so. Next year there could be half a dozen players wanting to do the same thing.

Its a unique situation for Aus ;-)

Mr Saab

Referee
winning the dally m doesnt give you an invitation to the test team.
Finch played origin last yr and was very close to winning the Dally M award....but there is no way he would make the test team in his life ever.
Thurston is much better than Finch yes, but he still has a few halfbacks in front of him.

avsterooster

Juniors
there is no question that it will be
6. lockyer
7. barrett

and whoever stated that joeys rep career is over is kidding themselves, he will come straight into the team for the second match and that is him only missing the game if warrington miss the GF...

Darth Bobo

The link is no longer working so I assume this is for the Test against NZ before the boys leave for England and Joey has made himself unavailable as it could clash with the English GF?

So what if Warrington don't go all the way to the GF? Will Joey be available then? Does anyone know for sure what the conflicting games will be? Will the Test being played here be on during the regular season or the finals for the ESL?

greenos

Juniors
JoeD said:

No New Zealand wanted him to play but he declined because he said he would be too tired.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bobo

The test match and the ESL final wont be on at the exact same time, but close enough. Might be within 8 hrs of each other or something like that.

Darth Bobo

Charlie, cheers for that mate.

Has Joey came out and with his intentions IF Warrington don't go onto make the final? Will he stay with Warrington and wait for the Roos to arrive in England or is it a "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" situation?

Grail

Juniors
No one player, no matter how good they are should get special treatment like Johns gets. He is not bigger than the game. If Warrington make the GF and he plays instead of coming back, that should be the end of his rep career, at least for Australia.

It don't care if it's his only chance to play over there. He's had plenty of chances in the past but hasn't taken them. He could play there next year after he retires from rep footy, or he could play the year after when he retires from the Knights.

He is only one player. RL has survived in the past without him, it will survive now and in the future without him. As good as he is, he shouldn't be allowed to cheapen the international game. No player should.