What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Vs Allan Langer?

God-King Dean

Immortal
It really bothers Queenslanders that the greatest player (the best there is, the best there was, & the best there ever will be) is from NSW (the heart of Rugby League).

ram raid

Bench
It really bothers Queenslanders that the greatest player (the best there is, the best there was, & the best there ever will be) is from NSW (the heart of Rugby League).

It doesn't bother me at all. But it's real sad that the only joy NSW tards can find is in clinging to John's nuts. Can you listen to yourself? "The best there ever will be"? What are you a prophet? How do you know there will never be a better player? These kind of comments betray your bias. Your opinion is therefore worthless.

God-King Dean

Immortal
It doesn't bother me at all. But it's real sad that the only joy NSW tards can find is in clinging to John's nuts. Can you listen to yourself? "The best there ever will be"? What are you a prophet? How do you know there will never be a better player? These kind of comments betray your bias. Your opinion is therefore worthless.

Yes.​

Joker's Wild

Coach
The only times Langer and Johns came face to face in Origin in the modern era was 2001 and 2002.

Enough said.

What is a Halfbacks primary role in Rugby League? To organize his team into offensive structures and get points on the board. Johns might have been far better at putting it between the sticks but in terms of offensive football, he didn't have a pinch of shit on Langer.

The only reason Johns is an immortal and Langer isn't is because Johns is a Blue.

lol the job of every RL player is to defend. If you cant do that then you are a liability

Would you like some dip for that chip?

jamesgould

Juniors
The only times Langer and Johns came face to face in Origin in the modern era was 2001 and 2002.

Enough said.

This isn't true, Johns didn't play in 2001, but there was also 1996 and 1998.

1996: Johns 3, Langer 0 (Johns named at hooker, but played hooker in defence, halfback in attack)
1998: Langer 2, Johns 1
2002: Johns 1, Langer 1, one draw

Overall: Johns 5, Langer 3, one draw

Langer and Johns both played Origin in 2002. Langer man of the series.

Is there a source for this claim that Langer was player of the series? I don't think it was awarded in 2002, and can't find anything on google to back this claim up. Johns won motm in game one, Langer won motm in game three - perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

For the record, Chris McKenna motm in game 2. :-/

ram raid

Bench
Well in that case.....Stuart > Langer

Possibly! I said that earlier in the thread. Stuart definitely had the better overall kicking game and he could pass the ball 30 meters to hit a target. Langer just seemed to have more creative skills at crucial times. And the best short kicking game I think ever.

ram raid

Bench
This isn't true, Johns didn't play in 2001, but there was also 1996 and 1998.

1996: Johns 3, Langer 0 (Johns named at hooker, but played hooker in defence, halfback in attack)
1998: Langer 2, Johns 1
2002: Johns 1, Langer 1, one draw

Overall: Johns 5, Langer 3, one draw

Is there a source for this claim that Langer was player of the series? I don't think it was awarded in 2002, and can't find anything on google to back this claim up. Johns won motm in game one, Langer won motm in game three - perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

For the record, Chris McKenna motm in game 2. :-/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_State_of_Origin_series

Johns got MOM game 1, Langer game 3.

ram raid

Bench
That's what I said. Langer didn't win man of the series though, it wasn't awarded in 2002.

Origin man of the series was only awarded haphazardly until 2004. It's been given out every year since then.

Shit you might be right. I swear I saw it there yesterday though .. maybe I'm going blind. Originally I got the source from here http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/09/26/andrew-johns-is-not-an-immortal/ admittedly though that article looks like a complete load of shit.

bazza

Immortal
I would take Johns - had a better overall game with passing, kicking and goal kicking
Johns could make a very average team successful

Langer played most of his career with top rate teams at Brisbane, Queensland and Australia

The Eagle

Juniors
Hahah. Bet You'll be tuning in come June hoping your team finally wins. Hey maybe the blues could dust Joey off and put him in the 7.

Sour grapes.

My only interest in Origin is that no Manly players get injured

The year Queensland won their first of who gives a f**k how many it was revealed if a team got to 4 consecutive series wins the concept would die then and there, Bellamy was our last origin coach and he was shit so origin is dead, the nines mean more to me then origin ever will

ram raid

Bench
My only interest in Origin is that no Manly players get injured

The year Queensland won their first of who gives a f**k how many it was revealed if a team got to 4 consecutive series wins the concept would die then and there, Bellamy was our last origin coach and he was shit so origin is dead, the nines mean more to me then origin ever will

sourgrapes.jpg

Latest posts