What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew McDonald - Coach

King-Gutho94

Coach
So I wanted to separate this from the test match thread.

Andrew McDonald has been here nearly 18 months and what's everyone thoughts on the job he has done so far.

Test Record is
10 wins 5 draws 5 losses

Won in Pakistan
Drew in Sri Lanka
Beat West Indies and South Africa at Home
Lost in India
WTC Final win
Drew in England

Throw in not making semis for T20 world cup last year at home.

I think anything less then a world cup final appearance in the ODI WC this year and might be time to split the red and white ball jobs up.

simmo1

First Grade
Looking at those results he probably has done the bare minimum for a pass mark. Team has neither improved or regressed since he took over.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like the fact that he continually defends poor performances.

We have major issues with our bowling and field settings which are generally part of the team plans that he is responsible for. His results are OK and let's face it we are world test champions, but there is no reason why we can't improve and I can't see it with him in charge.

He seems to lack that ambition or killer instinct that we had under Simpson and a few others, but then again we had much more aggressive skippers back then with Tugga and Tubby etc.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Don't mind him

Think he has done really well, record wise. Couple of disappointing tests but overall done good

Considering many thought we were going to possibly lose in Pakistan and get bent over in India

The WTC is a huge thing and we won it

Maybe time for some fresh assistants ?

Latest posts