What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andy Farrell wins Golden Boot award

roosterboy60

Juniors
I think Brian Carney was injured/suspended for a lot of this year...so I don't think he really would of been looked at. Can someone confirm this?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Is it Danny Mcguire?

That is MacGuire!

As for the award it is hardly surprising considering the candidates. As much as I love Lockyer and the way he plays, he has not played enough football this year and Webcke I was surprised was up there at all! Putting my Queensland bias aside dead set Hindmarsh should have been nominated or O'Meley purely on form. Webcke has done great for both club and country but this year was not one of his best.

shiznit

Coach
stubbsie said:
Andy Farrell 2004 stacey Jones 2003 are these the best players in our game?
Stacey Won it in 02 i think.
and that year i think he thoroughly deserved that award. he took the warriors to the G/F and was named the player of the end of season NZ VS GB series.

as for Farrell, i think hes been impresive during the tri-nation series but im extremely suprised that scullthorpe hasnt won it before.

how about SBW? if you take away his age and experience and judge him just on the performences he put up on the field youd have to say he must have been bloody closer to this award than shane webke was. if you consider all his tri-nation games and the NRL finals series. i think he was more than just rookie of the year, he should have atleast been nominated for the top award.

Anonymous

Juniors
SBW missed too many NRL games. He only played half a season. Congrats to him for winning the newcomer award though.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Broncodroid said:
It amazes me how Newcastle's Danny Buderus is not amongst the players mentioned for this award...Don't quote me, but he was Newcastle's stand in captain, Dally M player of the year in the best competition, NSW Captain, a standout in S.O.O., solid for Australia...it amazes me that this guy was not mentioned and Shane Webcke was who IMO had a down year at Origin and during the backend of the year struggled with injury.
It amazes me too. I really thought he would have won it. I do agree he has sat back in the tri-nations and hasn't been as dominate, but it's not based on just the tri-nations.
Congrats to Farrell though on winning it.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I've seen farrell play since his debut for England/GB. I've never seen him play well, even in the few SL games over the years he's always gone missing when needed. However I will say that his form in this years tri series is the best I've seen him play.

Not sure if he's the "best" for this year,. but congrats to him plus it's also great that another brit has won it

Kris_man

Bench
meh, i'm getting sick of awards, they always go to the wrong people. seriously - Australian Idol, Dally M's, ARIA's, even Australia's rugby league team selections. they're all pissing me off big time. :evil:

In-goal

Bench
I think Andy Farrell is a deserved winner after all he is the current man of steel, has been up among GB best in the tri-nations if you believe he hasn't watch some replays as i have watched most games atleast 3 times.

Andy had a blinder in the SL infact it was his best season ever, Danny Mcguire will win it next season as long as he dosen't get injured.

JK

:clap: :clap: Congrats Andy!

Had a fantastic domestic season and regardless of what some here have posted you've had a brilliant Tri-Series

:clap: :clap: :clap:

020810ledwig.jpg

You have good sinuses too! :lol:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I swear I heard on Ten news that SBW won Rookie..

Farrell winning Golden Boot is a crock of shit. f**king rigged...

How a forward can be classed a better player than Lockyer is beyond me. #-o

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dragon Fanatic said:
SBW didnt win the Rookie of the year award. Everyone keeps assuming he did but it was Karmicheal.

He may not have won the Rookie of the Year Award, but he certainly was the best rookie of the year

Nook

Bench
How a forward can be classed a better player than Lockyer is beyond me.

So no forward in the world can ever be rated as having had a better year than Lockyer, ever? That makes sense.

Lockyer struggled in the back half of the year and has been injured alot during the season. At his peak he is clearly the best player in the world, but this award is about performances this year.

Buderus had a great season, but he has had a poor Tri nations by his standards.

Webcke has been solid all year, without reaching the heights he has in the past.

Farrell tore SL apart this year and has played very well in the Tests. A worthy winner.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Forwards win matches, backs are nothing but glorified ballet dancers if they do not get provided go forward. You must have been a back. Forwards should win EVERY year.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Really there was no standout for Australia, Lockyer and Webcke might've been contenders but havent really dominated the NRL. I agree with the award, but it doesnt sound right when you say who the best player in the world is "Andy Farrell". Ive seen a lot of improvement from him, particulary in the Tri-Series, i'd say he's a better player in the second row out wide.

ozboy

Juniors
Andy Farrell, best player in the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a joke, add to that Brian Noble winning the international coach of the year award when the tri-nations final has not even been played yet !!!

Latest posts