What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angry Gallop's threat to Nine: use it or lose it

nqboy

First Grade
I'm going to rage against the machine Dodge Sir, if that's alright with you Sir? I may be powerless to change the past but I can remind others on here of who is really to blame. Sort of like coming on here to tear down the myth that Li'll Willie is a "character" instead of a boofhead when you Bitches apologists are in full flight.

LESStar58

Referee
the TV deal done between Channel 9 and the NRL requested adequate coverage of the game into Victoria

Ummmm....it did? I'd love to see where in the deal it says that.

I don't doubt Gallop made that request but if he REALLY did, I don't see how Channel 9 can just go against that agreement by blacking us out completely!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So you're basically here to make sure the negative is known. :thumb

Have fun whinging like a b*tch about horrible injustices, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the footy.

Manly FTW tonight.

LESStar58

Referee
nqboy said:
As if Nein are suddenly going to change their habits of years and televise into Melbourne at a reasonable hour just cos the NRL asked them to. How naive.

Couldn't agree with you more there, mate!

Timmah

Staff member
Yep - an option they seem to be vocal now in exploring. Will it happen?

Timmah

Staff member
Adelaide doesn't even have a team unfortunately - a major blockage in the way of getting any FTA through there.

nqboy said:
F*cking oath I blame the NRL. "Requesting"? As if Nein are suddenly going to change their habits of years and televise into Melbourne at a reasonable hour just cos the NRL asked them to. How naive. Write it into the contract that it must be shown in Melbourne at the same time it is shown in Sydney. Don't trust the f*ckers.

The NRL were had by Nein and they have only themselves to blame. F*cking oath I blame the NRL.

i'm with you on this one.

whine / rant away all you want, it is an important topic.

if enough people complain, the nrl will do something about it eventually.

that RL doesn't get proper RL coverage in melbourne despite having a club there is an absolute joke. the whole point of the storm being there is to develop the market. if they aren't on TV, then they aren't being given a chance to do that.

ABC or SBS for me. hurry up gallop.

ocko

juniors
surely an arrangement can be worked out similar to the afl, where it can be shown on main event ( whose signal is capable of being split) in non-rl states?

ocko

juniors
also, they should have system in melbourne similar to brisbane, where even the fox sports storm games get shown on 9 in melbourne (even if it is late at night)

Tom Shines

First Grade
ocko said:
also, they should have system in melbourne similar to brisbane, where even the fox sports storm games get shown on 9 in melbourne (even if it is late at night)
Quizmania is more important to Nine than League...

Copa

Bench
SO..... around rnd 20 will ABC show a condensed 60 minutes "highlights" game at 9pm on Sunday night?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I wish gallop would work a deal where the ABC or SBS would broadcast every Melbourne game (even if Fox has the rights)

Brutus

Referee
Dodger said:
Yet he's now pushing for coverage by other means into Melbourne if Nein won't do it, and you're still whinging like a skirt? FMD, there's no pleasing some - our CEO has admitted coverage of our code is SH*T outside our own boundaries. *awaits three dads jibe*

And he is the leader of the dunces who negotiated it.

Too late Gallop you puppet!!

Brutus

Referee
nqboy said:
F*cking oath I blame the NRL. "Requesting"? As if Nein are suddenly going to change their habits of years and televise into Melbourne at a reasonable hour just cos the NRL asked them to. How naive. Write it into the contract that it must be shown in Melbourne at the same time it is shown in Sydney. Don't trust the f*ckers.

And that's exactly what the AFL does - writes things into contracts that's why we in Sydney get Swans matches in prime time/live every week despite continual shocking ratings.

They are smart, the NRL is dumb.