What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton been shopped around.

kit66

Bench
Has Crichton signed with anyone yet, he'd make a great replacement for Frizelle, we'd lose nothing and he's only 24 so best years ahead of him you'd imagine.

BLM01

First Grade
and for 75% less than he could get elsewhere as well
Ok we all know how clubs do this..especially the Broncos. They amazingly had Lockyer on below market money, same with Tedesco initially at the Roosters etc and many others.
So if the NRL bring their rule in about signing players for more than their current contract to stop poaching..whilst on contract...
then how the hell does a less cash strapped club (seemingly like the Dragons) lure a player like that for similar money.
It will never happen and the usual 8 clubs that are wealthy with a good range of star players will easily hold onto them..even more than before and you guessed it..remain in the 8

The calm one

Juniors
Ok we all know how clubs do this..especially the Broncos. They amazingly had Lockyer on below market money, same with Tedesco initially at the Roosters etc and many others.
So if the NRL bring their rule in about signing players for more than their current contract to stop poaching..whilst on contract...
then how the hell does a less cash strapped club (seemingly like the Dragons) lure a player like that for similar money.
It will never happen and the usual 8 clubs that are wealthy with a good range of star players will easily hold onto them..even more than before and you guessed it..remain in the 8
I know I have said this before but a draft would solve all of the above. A draft would have prevented the following, Cronk, Tedesco & SBW to the rosters. Sabb would not be able to tell the world where he feels like playing this week and finally Manly wouldn't be chasing players still on contract. It may not be the perfect solution but it has to be better then the system we have now. Remember the last 6 years in the AFL 5 different clubs got the wooden spoon. They are doing something right. If the NRL just keep what they have, we will be debating this in years to come and going nowhere

BLM01

First Grade
I know I have said this before but a draft would solve all of the above. A draft would have prevented the following, Cronk, Tedesco & SBW to the rosters. Sabb would not be able to tell the world where he feels like playing this week and finally Manly wouldn't be chasing players still on contract. It may not be the perfect solution but it has to be better then the system we have now. Remember the last 6 years in the AFL 5 different clubs got the wooden spoon. They are doing something right. If the NRL just keep what they have, we will be debating this in years to come and going nowhere

And being calm of course I have also said this many times...a draft has been challenged in the courts in this state against the ARL or NSWRL and they won. The RLPA wont ever..ever agree to it.
You can forget that idea too... no matter how good it is... it wont happen in NSWRL.
What the VIC's do..well..who knows what to keep the players happy and quiet about challenging it

My idea which i have said many times is a player point cap system like utilised in the CRL which is updated each Nov 1..depending on the players current market value if he was put on the open market
It is decided by an independant committee which would consist of for example, an ex coach, player, Player manager and Ian Milward all not involved with any clubs.
Yes the key here is to keep it truely independant and impartial.but thats as close as i can get to a fairer system..which still many will finds holes in.

getsmarty

Immortal
And being calm of course I have also said this many times...a draft has been challenged in the courts in this state against the ARL or NSWRL and they won. The RLPA wont ever..ever agree to it.
You can forget that idea too... no matter how good it is... it wont happen in NSWRL.
What the VIC's do..well..who knows what to keep the players happy and quiet about challenging it

My idea which i have said many times is a player point cap system like utilised in the CRL which is updated each Nov 1..depending on the players current market value if he was put on the open market
It is decided by an independant committee which would consist of for example, an ex coach, player, Player manager and Ian Milward all not involved with any clubs.
Yes the key here is to keep it truely independant and impartial.but thats as close as i can get to a fairer system..which still many will finds holes in.

possm will not be happy.

Latest posts