What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton been shopped around.

Gareth67

First Grade
I actually think the Roosters have been at the forefront of looking after head knocks having both Keary and Cordner stand down for decent periods this last year.

I agree with you Drakon as they have been doing that .

Perhaps the NRL may need to review its policy on this , more so when the same players are constantly being forced off the field for these HIA rests as has been the case with both Cordner and Keary ?

Kearys problem is that when he is tackling he will always go high , a ‘ no can do ‘ on a rampaging 110 k forward . Cordner on the other hand has been in the firing line all of his career tackling the same behemoths . I am afraid that it has taken its toll on the man .

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think the likelihood that Angus will be let go early by the Roosters is now close to zero. Cordener’s ongoing & serious concussion problems will lead to his early retirement. I’m certainly no Roosters fan but I feel bad for Boyd Cordener it must be very scary for him.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The de Belin trial is going quite well for him, so perhaps he’ll be back after all.

Hook has said publicly he wants to add a couple more forwards before Christmas but given what’s out there Frizell will be impossible to replace

possm

Coach
The de Belin trial is going quite well for him, so perhaps he’ll be back after all.

Hook has said publicly he wants to add a couple more forwards before Christmas but given what’s out there Frizell will be impossible to replace
I'm sure their is a 'like for like' replacement for Frizell out there somewhere. The club should be searching far and wide to make this happen. Make no mistake, we are looking for a top line edge forward not a fringe first grader who may fit into a number of positions.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm sure their is a 'like for like' replacement for Frizell out there somewhere. The club should be searching far and wide to make this happen. Make no mistake, we are looking for a top line edge forward not a fringe first grader who may fit into a number of positions.

We signed Bird. He will most probably play right edge forward. We also still have young Ford, who, after a pre-season with Hook may be right in contention also.
There is the strong rumour we will sign Billy Magoulias, who is basically a lock.

I have no doubt Hook will play the right players in the right positions, however, we are still in limbo a little bit with De Belins case.
It was also stated that Hook is looking to sign 2 more forwards (props I believe) before Christmas. I imagine these will be in the same mold as Faamasili.

possm

Coach
We signed Bird. He will most probably play right edge forward. We also still have young Ford, who, after a pre-season with Hook may be right in contention also.
There is the strong rumour we will sign Billy Magoulias, who is basically a lock.

I have no doubt Hook will play the right players in the right positions, however, we are still in limbo a little bit with De Belins case.
It was also stated that Hook is looking to sign 2 more forwards (props I believe) before Christmas. I imagine these will be in the same mold as Faamasili.
There should be no hold up on Frizell's replacement as he has left and we have his salary cap to recruit a top level edge forward.

Props are very necessary as our backup props are either inexperienced (Blacker), over the hill (Merrin and K Sims) or still need developing (Kerr and Lawrie).

rasaint

Juniors
Reality check

1. there is no ‘like for like’ Frizzell replacement.
2. I have seen nothing out of ordinary with Jackson Ford
3. Other clubs seem to be buying players at will/ we can only attract Noone

Gareth67

First Grade
Reality check

At least Noone won’t whinge and whine should he not play in his favorite position and instead be put on the wing . In my opinion a far superior player than Atkin was - by a country mile !

possm

Coach
At least Noone won’t whinge and whine should he not play in his favorite position and instead be put on the wing . In my opinion a far superior player than Atkin was - by a country mile !
I'd say Griffin is smart and can see that over the next month or so, the squeeze is on and some clubs will need to let some higher paid first graders go mainly because of salary cap constraints. Maybe Griffin is there ready to swoop on suitable forwards that may be available.

I'd say Griffin is smart and can see that over the next month or so, the squeeze is on and some clubs will need to let some higher paid first graders go mainly because of salary cap constraints. Maybe Griffin is there ready to swoop on suitable forwards that may be available.
A forward with a hard edge to him is required, someone similar to the late Lance Thompson who was as hard as nails and always gave 100%.

The calm one

Juniors
Reality check

Talking to Owen on the weekend. He is great, thanks for asking. Tomato plants are growing like there is no tomorrow. Anyway he informed me of this.
When Saab does go he will be replaced by a forward. Apparently the wheels are in motion. Stay tuned. Stay calm

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Reality check

It doesn't even appear like we are going after anyone of note. Typical Dragons management thinking the Illawarra juniors will do the job.

Gareth67

First Grade
It doesn't even appear like we are going after anyone of note. Typical Dragons management thinking the Illawarra juniors will do the job.

I have a feeling that Griffin does have his eyes open and as a number of other members have already mentioned , is merely waiting for the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place .

A number of clubs are still in the process of deciding just who they wish to retain , others are only now beginning to realize the restraints of the salary cap , so there will still be a number of good quality dominoes to fall yet .

Sit tight R&WTILLIDIE .

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I have a feeling that Griffin does have his eyes open and as a number of other members have already mentioned , is merely waiting for the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place .

A number of clubs are still in the process of deciding just who they wish to retain , others are only now beginning to realize the restraints of the salary cap , so there will still be a number of good quality dominoes to fall yet .

Sit tight R&WTILLIDIE .

I hope you’re right and they pull a fast one.

Latest posts