What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton

possm

Coach
Millward is letting go Thompson and Macdonald for a reason. I would not be for a young forward so if it is not for Cronk, who is it?

watatank

Coach
Come on, Crichton is not signing with us. No chance.

We have already committed to Frizell and De Belin long term. Sims is still signed for another two years. If Thompson leaves then Host will get a chance. If we sign another backrower, it will be someone of similar value/quality to Sims and/or Thompson at best, not better.

....It's pretty clear that we got a good deal for Thompson (probably Sims as well), who wasn't really in demand when off contract last. We are not going to let a player like Thompson go that maybe one other club wants to sign someone that everyone wants.

Last edited:

ouryear

Juniors
On this forum you read it again and again; words to the effect that Mary is a crap coach. So many opportunities lost and no real justification for keeping Mary and his assistants. Right now there are a few good coaches that could put us in contention for the 2018 fnals; JD, Hasler, Madge. All far and away a better prospect than Mary and yet our CEO sit there with their head in the sand and do nothing.
Please, no Madge and no hasler.
Those 2 are toxic.

The grubs and soufs boards aren't stupid, they sacked them for a reason.

3 years ago I would have said yes, but des and Madge have since become REDUNDANT with their old worn out game plans.

They smell like Mary to me.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Those 2 are toxic.

3 years ago I would have said yes, but des and Madge have since become REDUNDANT with their old worn out game plans.

I don't agree with Madge. I think he had simply gotten all he could from Souths, squeezed the lemon dry. He will do extremely well at a new club.

ouryear

Juniors
I don't agree with Madge. I think he had simply gotten all he could from Souths, squeezed the lemon dry. He will do extremely well at a new club.

He took them to a premiership on the back of Burgess, GI, Ben Teo,
Dylan Walker, and Isaac Luke ...when he was half decent.

Won a comp in 2014, then downhill in each of the 3 years since.

I would be a bit concerned he got the most out of them for 1 year and nothing since.

(He chose who to let go to get Sam back) I am not keen on him seeing his demeanour, and his communication seems abrasive to me.

redVinme

Juniors
Im not buying it. Pipe dream stuff. Imagine if we did though and 2019 our 11,12,13 were all out for origin.

JDHD

Juniors
Sorry but no. Not that i dont rate the bloke but we have plenty of depth in the backrow even with thompson leaving. Recruitment NEEDS to turn their focus to wingers with speed

Just a thought: everyone says we need speed. Hell, I've said it many times. We all seem to have forgotten that we still have Kurt Mann looking for a full time starting spot who was our top try scorer last year in 10 games on the wing. Dump Nene, throw in Mann, sign Crichton.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. Crichton
13. De Belin

Unstoppable. It's a shame we'll probably miss out on Crichton.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Those 2 are toxic.

Hasler and McGuire are premiership winning coaches; do you seriously believe McGregor will join their status one day?

Please.

Comparing them is akin to the old "apples versus oranges" argument.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Out of curiosity, where will these speedy centres and wingers come from that the Dragons so desperately need?

Are there any potential recruits on the horizon?

I don't believe so.

And, as I've maintained previously, Millward, in my opinion, isn't doing a good job at all (excluding Hunt...God knows how many 'overs' the club is paying for his services).

possm

Coach
Out of curiosity, where will these speedy centres and wingers come from that the Dragons so desperately need?

Are there any potential recruits on the horizon?

I don't believe so.

And, as I've maintained previously, Millward, in my opinion, isn't doing a good job at all (excluding Hunt...God knows how many 'overs' the club is paying for his services).

Millward, Mary and his coaching staff are all not up to the job. They just aren't qualified and were only appointed because of 'old boy' factional reasons.

Replace them with Hasler or Mage and let them pick their own staff. The Dragons will be top 4 for sure.

I'd put Mann on the left wing, he has done a good job there in the past.
I'd let Nightingale, Field and the reserve grade wingers fight it out for the right wing spot.
I'd like to see Aitken and Lomax fight it out for the right centre spot.
And yes I'd like to see Millward recruit Wamsley to strengthen our prop rotation.

In 2018 our top 17 should be picked on form and for game one against the Broncos, our top 17 should be picked on the fittest and best performing players of the off-season. Let them all know this and let's see the cream rise to the top.

I'm very well informed that Roosters will announce Cronk signing on Monday. Pearce is gone, which nicely frees up money for Crichton (they were already close to a deal from a few weeks ago).

I'm so over it. Saints inability to be as ruthless, that is.

Straight Shooter

Last edited: