What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'm very well informed that Roosters will announce Cronk signing on Monday. Pearce is gone, which nicely frees up money for Crichton (they were already close to a dream from a few weeks ago).

I'm so over it. Saints inability to be as ruthless, that is.

Straight Shooter

No disrespect intended to you or your source, but how does signing Cronk and releasing Pearce free up money for Crichton? Cronk will be signing up for a million at least. Pearce wouldn't be anywhere near that.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
No disrespect intended to you or your source, but how does signing Cronk and releasing Pearce free up money for Crichton? Cronk will be signing up for a million at least. Pearce wouldn't be anywhere near that.

Tom the roosters are after him.
They usually get there man by any means necessary.

Mate, it doesn't stack up for me either. Apparently Roosters under the cap by $200k plus last year, Cronk signing for $800k plus TPA's, Pearce on $800k himself, a little more fiddling and bingo - Cronk and Crichton on the books.

Somehow, they just make it happen. In the meantime, Doustie is downing his crownies.

Straight Shooter

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Mate, it doesn't stack up for me either. Apparently Roosters under the cap by $200k plus last year, Cronk signing for $800k plus TPA's, Pearce on $800k himself, a little more fiddling and bingo - Cronk and Crichton on the books.

Somehow, they just make it happen. In the meantime, Doustie is downing his crownies.

Straight Shooter
Truckloads of brown paper bags no other answer to it .yes it's comical how they get away with it.

possm

Coach
TPA's undermine the salary cap. The only way is to put the TPA process in the hands of player managers and the NRL - no club involvement at all. That's the way it was meant to be. The coincidental matching of salary cap and TPA to match counter offers stinks of collusion and club infulance. The NRL should intervene and if not, disadvantage clubs should take court action.

Crush

Coach
Millward, Mary and his coaching staff are all not up to the job. They just aren't qualified and were only appointed because of 'old boy' factional reasons.

Replace them with Hasler or Mage and let them pick their own staff. The Dragons will be top 4 for sure.

I'd put Mann on the left wing, he has done a good job there in the past.
I'd let Nightingale, Field and the reserve grade wingers fight it out for the right wing spot.
I'd like to see Aitken and Lomax fight it out for the right centre spot.
And yes I'd like to see Millward recruit Wamsley to strengthen our prop rotation.

In 2018 our top 17 should be picked on form and for game one against the Broncos, our top 17 should be picked on the fittest and best performing players of the off-season. Let them all know this and let's see the cream rise to the top.
I think Millward is doing a fine job.
Sims
McInnes
Vaughan
Hunt
Graham
These are all great signings IMO
Plus not giving in to Dugans demands was absolutely correct. He is injury prone and mentally flawed.
I can see the critism of coach and coaching staff but disagree with your staunch stance on Millward. Respectfully.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Millward is doing a fine job.
Sims
McInnes
Vaughan
Hunt
Graham
These are all great signings IMO
Plus not giving in to Dugans demands was absolutely correct. He is injury prone and mentally flawed.
I can see the critism of coach and coaching staff but disagree with your staunch stance on Millward. Respectfully.
I think Millward is looking like the best recruitment officer we have had, since I can remember. I wonder how he would go as our coach?

I think it was Jack Gibson, who said. The best coach, is the best recruiter.

Last edited:

ouryear

Juniors

It's called rorters mathematics.
1 + 1 = 1

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I think Millward is looking like the best recruitment officer we have had, since I can remember. I wonder how he would go as our coach?

I think it was Jack Gibson, who said. The best coach, is the best recruiter.

I wonder if you'll sing the same tune if Dufty doesn't see out next year in first grade?

Time will tell.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Apparently Nick Politis retiring to Greece and he is looking to another Board Member to hand over the brown paper bags. Nick should have been sidelined from paper bag distributions due to dual citizenships. New distributor must look innocent and able to bribe all 14 members of the NRL Integrity Unit plus Todd "All Denominations Gratefully Accepted" Greenberg and John "Grant".

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I disagree. I think he has been handicapping our attack. His passing game was pathetic to say the least. He provided very few try assists and he also scored very few tries.

I'm sure you'll be unsurprised that I don't concur with your reply. While I acknowledge Dugan isn't a naturally gifted passer, there were a few times where he chimed into the backline and executed long cut out balls, particularly to Nightingale.

There were also a few games throughout the year where if Dugan wasn't playing, the loss margins would've far greater too.

And, his kick returns will be missed.

Life's Good

Coach
I'm sure you'll be unsurprised that I don't concur with your reply. While I acknowledge Dugan isn't a naturally gifted passer, there were a few times where he chimed into the backline and executed long cut out balls, particularly to Nightingale.

There were also a few games throughout the year where if Dugan wasn't playing, the loss margins would've far greater too.

I think that’s a fair assessment. People do have short memories of Dugan and his general effort. It’s easy to say he ‘doesn’t know how to pass’ but as we saw with Dufty it was likely instructions from the coach.
I don’t agree that Dugan was worth more than he was offered and am sad to see him leave.
I’m confident Dufty has the skills but, like all players, has work to do.

ouryear

Juniors

Strong runner, strong defense.
But nothing else I am afraid.

If that's all a first grade fullback has to offer, I know 10 local kids who can jump into his number 1 jersey today.

A fullback HAS to be able to pass,
HAS to try assist many many times a year, and HAS to chime into the attack on que many times a game.

With Dugan, we were doomed to staying where we are, not in the top 8.

This is first grade, not park football, no team should ever pay a fullback with a such a limited good money .....but more importantly,
no team can afford a fullback like Duges and his very limited game.

Sharks will not put him anywhere near the number 1 jumper.

Crush

Coach
I think that’s a fair assessment. People do have short memories of Dugan and his general effort. It’s easy to say he ‘doesn’t know how to pass’ but as we saw with Dufty it was likely instructions from the coach.
I don’t agree that Dugan was worth more than he was offered and am sad to see him leave.
I’m confident Dufty has the skills but, like all players, has work to do.
My memory of Dugan was he would take on 3 players to score a great individual try then 5 minutes later butcher a try by not passing to an unmarked man outside of him. Then he would make an amazing run up field running through an entire teams defense only to drop the ball cold at the end of it.
He was erratic and inconsistent. A great footballer at his best but full of errors and made poor decisions.
It was exhausting to support Dugan. I am glad he has moved on and sharks fans can ride the rollarcoaster that is Josh Dugan.

Dragsters

First Grade
Apparently Nick Politis retiring to Greece and he is looking to another Board Member to hand over the brown paper bags. Nick should have been sidelined from paper bag distributions due to dual citizenships. New distributor must look innocent and able to bribe all 14 members of the NRL Integrity Unit plus Todd "All Denominations Gratefully Accepted" Greenberg/QUOTE]

Edit. Mark Bouris anyone???[

Last edited:

Latest posts