What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton

possm

Coach
lol waiting for Rothfield to state on NRL 360 tonight that the Roosters still have $1 million to spend under the cap...
That's the problem with this TPA system. It is unlimited and gives Clubs like the Roosters the ability to fill their squad with quality players. I'm sure that Politis is in close touch with the NRL salary cap people to ensure that there is no need for enquiry or inspection of the Roosters books.

Rabbits20

Immortal

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
They do whatever they please...... f**king joke.........

Tedesco
Tupou
Mitchell
Ferguson
Keary
Cronk
Napa
Friend
Cordner
Hargreaves
Taukaeiho
Liu
Aubusson

I'm so so so so gutted.......

He says it's not about money well then why are people saying he's solving he's only on 300 with us next year......

Make him play for Norths......

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Now i'm not going to throw any blame on young Angus, he has done what most of us would do if someone threw a huge $$$ contract in your face (it happens in business alot especially around CEO's).
However, the greater worry which now appears as the major blight on the game, is how the Roosters were able to sign a player 12 months in advance from another club.
I feel for the supporters of the Rabbits having to cheer for a player they know has signed elswhere. Do you buy a jumper with his name on it? How would you feel him streaking down field after busting tackles only to know in the back of your mind he'll be doing it to you the year after?
I suppose the same comparison can be drawn to us signing Hunt and then the usual salary cap banter about the ethics of it etc. But the point is why hasnt the NRL done something about it? All we have received is a token statement regarding "reviewing TPA's".
How can the Rooster fit him in? Well in 2019 there is some talent whose contracts are up inc: Fergusson Cordner and Friend, so there is some room especially as I aee it Furgussen and Friend are more likely to be moved on. So bingo there's your simple answer to how they can afford him.
I've stated on another thread that the only way to fix this problem and those around TPA's is through a player draft and player trade windows whwre the true value of a player is known without adding or summizing any undervthe table $$$.
As i said though, no blame or disrespect fo young Crighton as hes only doing whats beat for his future.

possm

Coach
The main reason that I believe the fans are pissed off.. The Roosters have the attitude of a spoilt kid. I want ,I want ,I want,.Greedy bastards they are and I feel sorry for the Rabbits this time. The day that the Roosters fall over will be a day that I look forward too.
Well from the looks of it, Millward didn't even want!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The main reason that I believe the fans are pissed off.. The Roosters have the attitude of a spoilt kid. I want ,I want ,I want,.Greedy bastards they are and I feel sorry for the Rabbits this time. The day that the Roosters fall over will be a day that I look forward too.

..........and just to completely p!ss everyone off, Politis always throws in a new car!

angus rorters.jpg

denis preston

First Grade
Now i'm not going to throw any blame on young Angus, he has done what most of us would do if someone threw a huge $$$ contract in your face (it happens in business alot especially around CEO's).
However, the greater worry which now appears as the major blight on the game, is how the Roosters were able to sign a player 12 months in advance from another club.
I feel for the supporters of the Rabbits having to cheer for a player they know has signed elswhere. Do you buy a jumper with his name on it? How would you feel him streaking down field after busting tackles only to know in the back of your mind he'll be doing it to you the year after?
I suppose the same comparison can be drawn to us signing Hunt and then the usual salary cap banter about the ethics of it etc. But the point is why hasnt the NRL done something about it? All we have received is a token statement regarding "reviewing TPA's".
How can the Rooster fit him in? Well in 2019 there is some talent whose contracts are up inc: Fergusson Cordner and Friend, so there is some room especially as I aee it Furgussen and Friend are more likely to be moved on. So bingo there's your simple answer to how they can afford him.
I've stated on another thread that the only way to fix this problem and those around TPA's is through a player draft and player trade windows whwre the true value of a player is known without adding or summizing any undervthe table $$$.
As i said though, no blame or disrespect fo young Crighton as hes only doing whats beat for his future.

The flaw in your argument is Keary , Mitchell & perhaps Hargraves will be looking at upgrades or resigning by 2020/21. Also what about the other 27 players they have to include in their squad?

Gareth67

First Grade
Well , they were always going to " get their man " .
So the Daily Telegraph's Dill Rothchide shall say , " what Politis wants , he usually gets " .

Just plain bluudy sickening to know that those ' honky-tonks ' manage their salary cap so well (?) .
All I can say is that their accountants must be the same people who run those Swizz banks so successfully - wish we had them here at the Dragons !

However by the same token the rabbits are not short of a dollar neither , are they ?
Good ole' Russ and his ' money ' mates have bought their fair share of big name players over the last few years , so my heart isn't exactly bleeding for them .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Let the Roosters try and buy a comp. It won't work. You can't buy grit, determination and passion for the jersey!

Drag Queen

Bench
Feeling dudded after reading this. I honestly thought Crichton would stay loyal to the club that brought him and his family into the fold. Nope. Humble farmers my arse.

mickeylane

Bench
Feeling dudded after reading this. I honestly thought Crichton would stay loyal to the club that brought him and his family into the fold. Nope. Humble farmers my arse.
He's a Roosters junior - he just went home in the end! No difference to Jack Bird returning to us or Dean Whare, or Joey Leilua..
Was always happening.. I'll bet though that the Rabbitohs will smash the Roosters both times they olay next year!! Taking bets now!

Drag Queen

Bench
He's a Roosters junior - he just went home in the end! No difference to Jack Bird returning to us or Dean Whare, or Joey Leilua..
Was always happening.. I'll bet though that the Rabbitohs will smash the Roosters both times they olay next year!! Taking bets now!
My bad. I thought he was still under contract till 2019. Typical boarding school stuff. He was a Union player for all intents and purposes. I saw an interview with him and his parents who couldn't praise Souths enough. Enough for his Mummy to move up to be closer to him. So indebted to Souths she said at the time. Right.

Last edited:

Latest posts