What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus

Ultra Rabbit

Juniors
I think Angus will see how well the Rabbitohs go next season before committing. He says its not the $...
“People tend to think it’s all about money. It isn’t. Like any player, I have ambitions to win a premiership and play State of Origin and Test football.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
I think Angus will see how well the Rabbitohs go next season before committing. He says its not the $...
“People tend to think it’s all about money. It isn’t. Like any player, I have ambitions to win a premiership and play State of Origin and Test football.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
I have heard from a pretty reliable source that Angus will be a rooster in 2018!!!!
What a sad day if it's true!

doyen

Bench

I wonder how long it will be before Angus announces his decision---if he's going to the Roosters he may as well admit it now!!

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
If he has made his mind up to move on we shouldn’t persist with him next year. Just release him now, his heart and mind will be on his payday not our season. I’m over him and his manager. He’s not acting like a “good kid”, he’s acting like a typical millennial, sucking up every bit of attention this dragged out saga gives him. I for one won’t loose a minutes sleep if we release him early.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If he has made his mind up to move on we shouldn’t persist with him next year. Just release him now, his heart and mind will be on his payday not our season. I’m over him and his manager. He’s not acting like a “good kid”, he’s acting like a typical millennial, sucking up every bit of attention this dragged out saga gives him. I for one won’t loose a minutes sleep if we release him early.

I think you're being pretty harsh on him but I do agree that we should release him now if he's going. It only benefits the other team if we keep playing him this year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I doubt it's anyone significant. Every man and his dog is posting on twitter that it's a done deal at roosters but I doubt he's even made a decision yet. I would definitely count out the sharks though.
I have seen a few comments of ones who claim to have sources who have said he's gonna re-sign with us before next season starts....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I have seen a few comments of ones who claim to have sources who have said he's gonna re-sign with us before next season starts....

If Angus does go to the roosters it will be a sad day for the NRL. The fact that we traded one of our best juniors in Nat Butcher for Crichton and turned him
into the superstar he is only to have him stolen back is just depressing. It just proves that there's no point in investing in juniors because clubs like the Roosters and Manly are just going to end up stealing them. Only have to look at Tedesco and the countless hours the tigers put into him only for him to turn his back on the club. If the NRL really wanted clubs to produce their own juniors they should make it easier to retain those juniors. Not even going to bring the salary cap into this because everyone already knows it's a joke.

If Crichton does decide to go to the roosters I wish him all the best but it's just sad more than anything. Crichton could be so much more staying at a club like Souths and bringing them back from the bottom. He would forever be remembered as a Souths legend rather than another player that went to the star filled roosters side and won a premiership with all the paper bags he wanted.

hunters

Juniors
Why would we release him? He'd be on close to minimum wage under his current contract so just play him at Norths until his contract is up.

callmack1

Staff member
If Angus does go to the roosters it will be a sad day for the NRL. The fact that we traded one of our best juniors in Nat Butcher for Crichton and turned him
into the superstar he is only to have him stolen back is just depressing. It just proves that there's no point in investing in juniors because clubs like the Roosters and Manly are just going to end up stealing them. Only have to look at Tedesco and the countless hours the tigers put into him only for him to turn his back on the club. If the NRL really wanted clubs to produce their own juniors they should make it easier to retain those juniors. Not even going to bring the salary cap into this because everyone already knows it's a joke.

If Crichton does decide to go to the roosters I wish him all the best but it's just sad more than anything. Crichton could be so much more staying at a club like Souths and bringing them back from the bottom. He would forever be remembered as a Souths legend rather than another player that went to the star filled roosters side and won a premiership with all the paper bags he wanted.
Great post, couldn't agree more. Roosters like to buy premierships as they say

Rabbits20

Immortal

Bravo bravo.......

Thadius

Juniors
I hate the notion of 'get rid of him now' if he's going to Easts, that's absurd.

Do we want to have a sniff of making the semis in 2018 or what?

So what if he has flagged an Easts shift for 2019, he still remains an integral and paramount part of our 2018 campaign and I want him on board regardless.