What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hayne was a victim of his own success in 2009.

He had an Ego similar to Latrell Mitchell has now & wasn't pulled up enough as a youngster so once they become the big dog its almost impossible for them to be reigned in.

There was also a lot instability of board level at the time during his career span,

You talk about number 7s - Hayne had to play with between 2009-2014 - Brett Finch, Kris Keating, Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer, Casey McGuire, Chris Sandow, Luke Kelly were talking average number 7s right there.

I don't think Billy Slater could have done much with that lot.

I would love to wind back time and Parra offered 550k on Adam Reynolds instead of Chris Sandow then Hayne wouldn't have had a 3 year period wasted on a halfback who went missing as much the Hayne Plane if not more.

If anything we would have got Adam Reynolds for a lot cheaper then Sandow as he was sitting behind him and was coming off an ACL after the 2010 Toyota Cup GF and missed most if not all of 2011.

Souths never made the finals under Sandow then went on under Reynolds to make 3 Prelims, a Premiership all in his first 3 seasons as a halfback.

I totally agree about our halfback issue back then.

But I can't agree that Hayne went missing - he was routinely putting up insane numbers in terrible sides.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah that's why the better run clubs can somehow fit in the likes of Slater, Cronk and Smith.

While we have Hayne and then erratic garbage and blame the salary cap.
Boats. Or whatever has replaced boats. I think these days it’s ‘high risk’ investment options with buy back clauses that are not high risk at all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because this is LU and we refuse to look forward to the potential positives that might engulf our club and would rather look to past failings and blame things that have already happened without the desired results, so we can as individuals feel better about our own miserable lives... doh!!
We also like to get excited about our future failings. Apparently we have a five year rebuild in front of us because we lost Blaize Talagi.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He might not take his option but still stay.
I’d say this is most likely. Like how RCG didn’t activate his option after 2021. Instead he negotiated a new deal because POs generally aren’t worth as much as players can get on the open market. They are a last resort.

If he takes the option it means he didn’t get any better offers when he was off contract, or he got injured during negotiations. Like Welch in 2019.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Hayne was coached by a Wayne Bennet or Bellamy real father figure types does he go off the rails?
We'll never know but I reckon he goes on to be the greatest of all time.
A fair comment. I guess we will see if WB can get TrellMit focused on and off the field.
I'm not a great fan of Robinson as he always has the best roster but check out the amount of games he played each year at The Brave Roosters V The Bunnys as quantified by NRL360. The difference is amazing. Better system/coach?

Gronk

Staff member
Some more quality ironing from Gronkles.
Too bad no one on here can put you on it.
You're never far away for a none-of-your-business clown comment.

Clown Watching You GIF by BuzzFeed

King-Gutho94

Coach
A fair comment. I guess we will see if WB can get TrellMit focused on and off the field.
I'm not a great fan of Robinson as he always has the best roster but check out the amount of games he played each year at The Brave Roosters V The Bunnys as quantified by NRL360. The difference is amazing. Better system/coach?
Bennett had him in 2020 & 2021 and it finished with a 6 match suspension which probably cost Souths the Premiership.

Move him to the centres would be a start its his best position.

He has proven his body can't handle fullback and i reckon that has contributed to his injuries/brain snaps.

Latest posts