What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another 4 years, another Oceania qualifier

OVP

Coach
Uruguay vs New Zealand :lol:

Im calling 4-0 3-0 to Uruguay :lol:

and thats after the Uruguayan coach took the first team off at half time.

OVP

Coach
p.s. this was ONLY aimed at Nibbs, the dickhead.

All the other Kiwis, i seriously HOPE you get there ... most of you are damned fine sports and friends.

weasel

First Grade
Actually, although my msn personal message atm is an amusing quote I got off the bbc boards reading "Oceania will be dead when Australia leaves. It'll be New Zealand beating Fiji 10-0 to win the group, then losing 8-0 to Colombia", I think that it's looking like being changed to the Oceania champs playing the fifth placed asian side instead of the south americans again. So we could yet see Australia v New Zealand with the winner going directly to the World Cup.

OVP

Coach
weasel said:
Actually, although my msn personal message atm is an amusing quote I got off the bbc boards reading "Oceania will be dead when Australia leaves. It'll be New Zealand beating Fiji 10-0 to win the group, then losing 8-0 to Colombia", I think that it's looking like being changed to the Oceania champs playing the fifth placed asian side instead of the south americans again. So we could yet see Australia v New Zealand with the winner going directly to the World Cup.

No way will we be the 5th best team in Asia.

3rd is what i think ... at our best we are number 1 imo ... but we'll rarely get that chance to have our best team there.

The Devil

Bench
I'm not sure about us being the best Asian nation.

Japan and South Korea are two very capable football sides, with South Korea reaching the top 4 in the latest WC, though at the helm of South Korea was the man himself, Guus Hiddink.

DB

First Grade
imagine the Sth American team having to play in some sh*tty ground in the Pacific

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Well, there was already a WC qualifier at a sh*tty ground in Trinidad, to be fair.

NZ lost 3-1 to Colombia at the last Confederations Cup. That'd be the sort of scoreline I'd expect.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Our 2 best players are quite possibly Danny Hay and Ryan Nelsen, who are both central defenders. If they are still around in 2009 (Hay may not be tbh) we will at least have a decent chance of keeping the score down.

lilbaz07 said:
imagine the Sth American team having to play in some sh*tty ground in the Pacific
Eden Park anyone? hahaha

Seriously it's so great that we're finally in Asia.

It means a proper qualification process, with a number of games in Australia. I think this means the Socceroos can smash the Wallabies back into the obscurity they deserve and become Australia's no1 national team.

danny hay is trash, and theres no guarentee NZ will make it against the 5th place SA team, they didnt make it against solomon islands and lost i think last year 4-2 to vanuatu lol, either way the 5th place SA team is now 100% guarenteed qualification if they play thru oceania

KrypnotiK said:
danny hay is trash, and theres no guarentee NZ will make it against the 5th place SA team, they didnt make it against solomon islands and lost i think last year 4-2 to vanuatu lol, either way the 5th place SA team is now 100% guarenteed qualification if they play thru oceania

aussie drew with solomons as well.

Daithi O'Conaill said:
Eden Park anyone? hahaha

Seriously it's so great that we're finally in Asia.

It means a proper qualification process, with a number of games in Australia. I think this means the Socceroos can smash the Wallabies back into the obscurity they deserve and become Australia's no1 national team.

That I would love. To see the Socceroos as the number 1 national football team. Great timing to qualify to. The Wallabies are in a hole that big it's not funny.

They are learning the hard way that when the going is good it is no good spending all the money at the top end of town and not the bottom end. I hope the person that did that has learnt the lesson. I speak of Mr O'Neill.

Morenito

Juniors
It should be oceania in a playoff with that north american region where trinidad play.

At least then theres some hope for the oceania team. Theres no doubt it will gain 0.5 spots again as the socceroos departure basically gives them oceania no defence for a full berth.

Corbin

Juniors
New Zealand will make the next world cup and im fairly confident. they have EXCELLENT players such as Ivan Vicelich, Ryan Nelsen and probaly i rate as 1 of the finest talents coming out of Oceania, Brent Fisher the former Northern Spirit striker who recently got release by Cottbus and has now joined Canterbury for the summer.

1st game
NZ 2
Ecuador 1

2nd game
Nz 2
Ecuador 1

skeepe

Immortal
Corbin said:
New Zealand will make the next world cup and im fairly confident. they have EXCELLENT players such as Ivan Vicelich, Ryan Nelsen and probaly i rate as 1 of the finest talents coming out of Oceania, Brent Fisher the former Northern Spirit striker who recently got release by Cottbus and has now joined Canterbury for the summer.

1st game
NZ 2
Ecuador 1

2nd game
Nz 2
Ecuador 1

It's a gee-up right? When you're getting released by teams like Cottbus you know it's over.

Broncos fan

Juniors
How about having a round robin tournament between the champions of Oceania, 5th place South American, 4th place Concacaf team and 5th place Asian. Top 2 goes to World Cup. If this is not the case New Zealand will be in the football wilderness in years to come. FIFA's motto was for the good of the game. Why dont give these countries from Oceania a chance. Give them a place in the world cup President Blatter.

Nuffs

Bench
i think vanuatu will more than put up a good fight against the 5th south american team in 4 years

they would have beaten NZ as a warm up which is good form

Latest posts