What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another AFL wanker bagging out the great game

hellteam

First Grade
49% of AFL supporters are women.

The other day a reporter from ABC said there were 10 000 women AFL players in Qld.

I love it how they just make up stats.

Highway1

Juniors

innsaneink

Referee
and none of these things have happened in AFL and Didak is the worst?

lets see

St Kilda pair in second rape interview

lets not forget the recent controversy over that too

Former policeman says Stephen Milne rape charge collapsed amid internal pressure

or this

St Kilda recruit Andrew Lovett charged with rape

or even this

Swan helped pay $200,000 over rape claim

more hush money

Sex hush money scandal hits AFL

the bungled case

Police bungled woman's sex assault claim

or Fev

Brendan Fevola accused of sexual assault

and the cotroversy as to why that didn't go anywhere

http://www.vexnews.com/news/6719/cage-this-beast-brendan-fevolas-sexual-assault-exposed/

or maybe this current investigation

Pies players in sexual assault investigation

even fans aren't safe at games

Teen sexually assaulted at Showdown

or even at a junior level

Touch scandal in junior footy

and that's just the sexual assault allegations

They even used strippers to raise money

Explicit stripper at Melbourne Demons' fundraiser

numerous assaults occured and even a few on womem. two just last year

Bock avoids punishment for assault

and this

Albert Proud avoids jail after glassing girl

We'll leave the drugs alone or we'll be here all day. I suppose our friend Flanagan has forgotten about Benny and his mates at the West Coast Eagles

how about two clubs losing sponsors for repeat DUI offences

AFL Club Loses Road Safety Sponsor on Drunk Driving Charge

Rookie's drink-drive charge costs Collingwood

or maybe he'd like to talk to this guy

Krakouer's AFL fairytale angers bashing victim

and who could forget this from their games greatest ever player they call 'God'

Ablett told fan the heroin she was snorting was cocaine

and another greats hit list

could be here all day listing incidents. that will do for the time being

then our friend adds this

big difference?

got some news for you, Martin

League girls loyal under heavy fire

which contained this

and our Friend goes on to say this

does he mean this?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118100557923424501.html

or is he talking about this?

Scrutiny of secret AFL-police deal

and talk about going global

here's a nice youtube vid from India

Smug Brumby preaches, Essendon 'extremely disappointed' - drunk Hurley assaults Indian taxi driver!

all about this

Bomber to pay $10,000 for assault

this arseclown needs to be educated or is he just in denial?

either way it's yet another example of what RL is up against in the media

Bookmarks? :lol:

Highway1

Juniors
http://www.vexnews.com/news/6719/cage-this-beast-brendan-fevolas-sexual-assault-exposed/

Have a read on the comments section, they are actually people defending Fevola and not only that, they were saying the victim "was asking for it". AFL = Disgusting

For example:
get over the fev bashing. typical journo’s do whatever it takes she was probably wanting it from fev. you do know that there are women who throw themselves at footy players in the hope of becoming famous or getting money from it. i see this as another case of this. shame on you for printing such rubbish

I've got nothing to do with the comment bolded above. I did not type this comment only relayed the following comments bolded above.

Highway1

Juniors

Have a read on the comments section, they are actually people defending Fevola and not only that, they were saying the victim "was asking for it". AFL = Disgusting

For example:
get over the fev bashing. typical journo’s do whatever it takes she was probably wanting it from fev. you do know that there are women who throw themselves at footy players in the hope of becoming famous or getting money from it. i see this as another case of this. shame on you for printing such rubbish

I've got nothing to do with the comment bolded above. I did not type this comment only relayed the following comments bolded above.

nqcowboy87

Bench
and none of these things have happened in AFL and Didak is the worst?

lets see

St Kilda pair in second rape interview

lets not forget the recent controversy over that too

Former policeman says Stephen Milne rape charge collapsed amid internal pressure

or this

St Kilda recruit Andrew Lovett charged with rape

or even this

Swan helped pay $200,000 over rape claim

more hush money

Sex hush money scandal hits AFL

the bungled case

Police bungled woman's sex assault claim

or Fev

Brendan Fevola accused of sexual assault

and the cotroversy as to why that didn't go anywhere

or maybe this current investigation

Pies players in sexual assault investigation

even fans aren't safe at games

Teen sexually assaulted at Showdown

or even at a junior level

Touch scandal in junior footy

and that's just the sexual assault allegations

They even used strippers to raise money

Explicit stripper at Melbourne Demons' fundraiser

numerous assaults occured and even a few on womem. two just last year

Bock avoids punishment for assault

and this

Albert Proud avoids jail after glassing girl

We'll leave the drugs alone or we'll be here all day. I suppose our friend Flanagan has forgotten about Benny and his mates at the West Coast Eagles

how about two clubs losing sponsors for repeat DUI offences

AFL Club Loses Road Safety Sponsor on Drunk Driving Charge

Rookie's drink-drive charge costs Collingwood

or maybe he'd like to talk to this guy

Krakouer's AFL fairytale angers bashing victim

and who could forget this from their games greatest ever player they call 'God'

Ablett told fan the heroin she was snorting was cocaine

and another greats hit list

could be here all day listing incidents. that will do for the time being

then our friend adds this

big difference?

got some news for you, Martin

League girls loyal under heavy fire

which contained this

and our Friend goes on to say this

does he mean this?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118100557923424501.html

or is he talking about this?

Scrutiny of secret AFL-police deal

and talk about going global

here's a nice youtube vid from India

Smug Brumby preaches, Essendon 'extremely disappointed' - drunk Hurley assaults Indian taxi driver!

all about this

Bomber to pay $10,000 for assault

this arseclown needs to be educated or is he just in denial?

either way it's yet another example of what RL is up against in the media

you should send that to that flanagan fool, he used the monaghan incident to take a biased swipe at league, which is pathetic

bulldog

Bench
can you imagine if an NRL player sexually assaulted a female DT journo at the Dally M's?

I remember the outrage and hysteria when Mason made a journo cry with a few comments, leaves this story in it's dust for the coverage it got.

m0nty

Juniors
I'd like to add my voice in support of the truth of El Diablo's post. There's no question that there's a double standard. League doesn't help its own cause in that it does have the worst examples, but no code is lilywhite in this matter and journos shouldn't pretend otherwise.

Having said that, Fitzsimons was right too. Alcohol is the real demon, not only in the NRL but in all other codes. Then again, alcohol is just the catalyst, the problem is a lack of strong leadership at club level. When the ringleaders of official club pissups are also the team leaders, it legitimises a culture of binge drinking, and it's binge drinking that is the root of the vast majority of these incidents.

AFL has not "solved" this problem any more than the NRL or other codes have, but they are a bit further down the track with their relatively new culture of leadership groups and the Leading Teams concept which is based around team leaders setting a cultural example for the younger players by going straight edge (within reason) and keeping each other toeing the line with rather radical methods like the kangaroo courts that ousted the likes of Jason Akermanis. Not everyone would agree with those methods, but they're at least attempting to break the culture of team bonding through alcohol. Rugby league will eventually have to start going down that path, or something similar to leave the bad old ways behind.

docbrown

Coach
I know Fitzsimmons and I still correspond with him from time to time. Not just about football, but about other topics too. He does regularly watch and go to Rugby League games. The problem is that the SMH has quite a few union "old boys" in the editing and journo staff. They publish league stories because it sells papers and they'd be remiss not to. But if they had the choice, it wouldn't get a look in. Pete watches league with a certain distain. Occassionally he really enjoys it but on the whole he considers it inferior and just can't comprehend that more people here would rather watch league than union - so he kind of just blacks it out of his mind.

Green Machine

First Grade
I'd like to add my voice in support of the truth of El Diablo's post. There's no question that there's a double standard. League doesn't help its own cause in that it does have the worst examples, but no code is lilywhite in this matter and journos shouldn't pretend otherwise.
You can’t be serious Monty? Worse than Gary Ablett, Wayne Carey, Ben Cousins, Michael O’Loughlin, Brendon Fevola? You need to come out of your glass house old son,

Having said that, Fitzsimons was right too.
Fitzsimons in a hypocrite of the highest order. Fitzsimons picks a narrow target against Rugby League most weeks. Some of his theories for criticising Rugby League are full of lies. Plenty of Union players and officials have been caught out doing stupid things whilst Bundaberg was their major sponsor. I have never once seen an article where he blamed Bundaberg for Union's off field problems,

Alcohol is the real demon, not only in the NRL but in all other codes. Then again, alcohol is just the catalyst, the problem is a lack of strong leadership at club level. When the ringleaders of official club pissups are also the team leaders, it legitimises a culture of binge drinking, and it's binge drinking that is the root of the vast majority of these incidents.
I can’t think of too many occasions where Rugby League officials have been caught out binge drinking. I think binge drinking with young people today is worse than what it was in the 80’s
AFL has not "solved" this problem any more than the NRL or other codes have, but they are a bit further down the track with their relatively new culture of leadership groups and the Leading Teams concept which is based around team leaders setting a cultural example for the younger players by going straight edge (within reason) and keeping each other toeing the line with rather radical methods like the kangaroo courts that ousted the likes of Jason Akermanis. Not everyone would agree with those methods, but they're at least attempting to break the culture of team bonding through alcohol. Rugby league will eventually have to start going down that path, or something similar to leave the bad old ways behind.
Monty you are the typical cheerleader that the AFL sends in after every off field incident. Keep convincing yourself that the AFL has a better off field record in recent times to the NRL

sportive cupid

Referee
In my opinon,as long as the NRLand it's supporters continue to view themselves as the best of a bad bunch, they will continue to be a bad bunch

Having said that, Fitzsimons was right too. Alcohol is the real demon, not only in the NRL but in all other codes. Then again, alcohol is just the catalyst, the problem is a lack of strong leadership at club level. When the ringleaders of official club pissups are also the team leaders, it legitimises a culture of binge drinking, and it's binge drinking that is the root of the vast majority of these incidents.

Seriously, you are the classic example of someone who think he knows about this subject but in reality knows very little.

Whatever AFL are doing isn't working simply because their incident count, which was absymal anyway, went through the roof in 2010.

Here, look these names up on google.

Troy Taylor
Matthew Stokes
Danial Conners
Ben Cousins
Luke McGuane
Dean Polo
Chris Appleton
Wayne Wayne Siekman
John Wise
Matthew Hollington
Matthew Primus
Geoff Walsh
Simon Buckley
Andrew Lovett
St Kilda
Michael Johnson
Daniel Motlop
Shannon Grant
Ben Cousins again
Brendan Fevola
Heath Shaw
Michael Hurley
Mal Brown
Robert DiPerdomenico
Chad Fletcher
Gelnn Manton
Dean Cadwallader
Sam Newman
Travis Tuck
Mitch Clarke
Chris Masten
Will Scholfield
Sam Newman again
Hawthorn
St Kilda
Brendan Fevola again
Tony Armstrong
Paul Chapman
Collingwood
The AFL numerous times (drug policy, secret deals with police etc)
Stuart Anderson
Chad Fletcher

Quite a list isn't it?

Our blokes aren't choirboys but to even suggest that we should mimic AFL's "attempts" to clean up their culture is quite simply laughable.

AFL is getting worse, not better.

sportive cupid

Referee
Quite a list there EA

Mathew Primus? Wasn't his crime an alleged 20 dollar bet on a game?

Which one pof those guys was found fefecating in a hotel and continued on to play for their country?

Which one was amorous with his mate's pet?

Wasn't Ben made to work on the image of the game ?Were his mistakes just swept under the carpet?

It seems to me there is a bit of what the journalist in the first post is being accused of being practised by NRL supporters here?

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Quite a list there EA

Which one pof those guys was found fefecating in a hotel and continued on to play for their country?

Wasn't Ben made to work on the image of the game ?Were his mistakes just swept under the carpet?

It seems to me there is a bit of what the journalist in the first post is being accused of being practised by NRL supporters here?

Which one was charged with rape? Andrew Lovett.

What's worse; a prank with a mate's pet or rape?

m0nty

Juniors
You can’t be serious Monty? Worse than Gary Ablett, Wayne Carey, Ben Cousins, Michael O’Loughlin, Brendon Fevola? You need to come out of your glass house old son,

Pooing in public and engaging in a sex act with a dog is a whole different level. Not to mention organised drug trafficking.

Fitzsimons in a hypocrite of the highest order. Fitzsimons picks a narrow target against Rugby League most weeks. Some of his theories for criticising Rugby League are full of lies. Plenty of Union players and officials have been caught out doing stupid things whilst Bundaberg was their major sponsor. I have never once seen an article where he blamed Bundaberg for Union's off field problems,

This is all true. As I said in agreement, it's a double standard.

I can’t think of too many occasions where Rugby League officials have been caught out binge drinking. I think binge drinking with young people today is worse than what it was in the 80’s

I'm talking here about team captains and whatever passes for leadership groups at rugby league teams - "senior players", whatever. Many of these incidients have arisen from official club functions where the senior players are often the ones doing the most drinking and getting into trouble themselves. This is not a culture that is unique to rugby league, but it needs to be stamped out of this and other codes, because it so often leads to stupid, preventable incidents.

Monty you are the typical cheerleader that the AFL sends in after every off field incident. Keep convincing yourself that the AFL has a better off field record in recent times to the NRL

I just got through telling you that no one is lilywhite, they're all bad. There's no pride to be gained in saying one is better than the other, it's like saying one banker is less evil than another. There are still many incidents in the AFL, even after the advent of all this leadership group and Leading Teams bulltish. It's an ongoing problem for every code. Rugby league is lagging in dealing with it though, that's my only point.

Gallop knows all this, which is why he made it known through media circles that he was livid that he wasn't allowed to deregister Monaghan and instead had to wait for the club to dilly-dally, do rock all for days and eventually let the player take responsibility. If it was the NFL, commissioner Goodell would have sole responsibility for handing out punishments. Now, that system may not work for rugby league of course, but it would have been better than the p1ssweak silence by the Raiders last week. But I guess I'm getting off topic.

Quite a list there EA

Is it?

Was it?

Does the size of the bet matter?

There is a thread about Steve Price here, no doubt that'll be added to our list.

If they list them by importance, I'll put the betting one last, just so you're happy.

Which one pof those guys was found fefecating in hotel and continued on to play for their country?

AFL players can't play for their country. Stupid point. Actually, no, it's a moronic point. Give yourself an uppercut you dope.

If they could have, do you believe names like Cousins, Carey, Farmer etc who have all f**ked up big time in the past, would have played for Australia?

Every AFL player who has f**ked up in the past was potentially an International. If AFL could find anyone to play against....

Is that worse than a bloke blowing .213?

Which of the two was the danger to society?

You're an AFL apologist, that much is obvious. The point of the thread has obviously escaped you.

m0nty

Juniors
Seriously, you are the classic example of someone who think he knows about this subject but in reality knows very little.

Whatever AFL are doing isn't working simply because their incident count, which was absymal anyway, went through the roof in 2010.

Half of those people aren't even playing in the AFL, EA, and many of the incidents involving those people didn't happen in 2010. You're clutching at some straws there. Your point about the AFL having a lot of incidents is well taken though, as I continue to say in violent agreement with you all. I'm not arguing over who has more incidents. Totting them all up to prove that one code is better than another is pretty dumb, and doesn't solve anything. All codes are affected by the curse of binge drinking. It's a constant battle that AFL, NRL, ARU, FFA, etc all have to deal with.

The focus should be on what happens in the future, not playing the blame game. Rebuilding club culture to remove the reliance on sinking p1ss at team bonding sessions is the first priority. AFL clubs have taken some steps down that long road, but there are still stuff-ups like that disgraceful Carlton boat cruise last year. NRL clubs have barely started, from what I can see. I recall seeing some stuff about education sessions, shots of league players on plastic seats being lectured to by social workers, but obviously the message isn't getting through. Everyone needs to do more.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
In my opinon,as long as the NRLand it's supporters continue to view themselves as the best of a bad bunch, they will continue to be a bad bunch

The NRL has done an amazing job cleaning itself up. It is transparent and upfront. Unlike the AFL. We are not the best of a bad bunch we are a generally good bunch and I (and a lot of others) are sick of the finger pointing from the media when the police in Victoria are literally covering up crimes of AFL players.

This is the age of the internet. People like El Diablo need to continue pushing the truth of the situation. We have an absolutely awesome product which keeps on getting better. AFL can f**k off for all I care.

Latest posts