What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Alleged Sex Scandal

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22207064-5007132,00.html

RUGBY league's off-field woes deepened last night when it was revealed police are investigating sexual assault claims against an NRL star.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Warriors winger Michael Crockett is under investigation over an alleged incident in Sydney after the New Zealander's clash against the Roosters on Sunday.

The NRL last night confirmed it was seeking information from the Auckland-based club over a complaint brought by a woman to Redfern police early on Monday morning.

It is understood Crockett, 24, allegedly met the woman while out with teammates after the 31-all draw at the SFS.

The pair are believed to have left the group some time before the woman fronted Redfern police station to complain she was sexually assaulted.

"The NSW Police Force can confirm that it is investigating an allegation of sexual assault made to Redfern police on August 6," a police spokesman said.

"Police are in the process of taking statements. No charges have been laid and, because the investigation is continuing police are unable to comment further."
Warriors officials did not return calls last night. But NRL CEO David Gallop said the league was monitoring the investigation closely.

"We were made aware of the allegations by the Warriors on Monday morning," Mr Gallop said. "These are obviously very serious allegations."

Skinner

Coach
Same standard message as per the Warriors forum.

"Alleged" only, so please keep it in that context.

gaterooze

Bench
Apart from anything else (i.e. no speculation), why is it whenever a leaguie is in trouble it's an "NRL star". Crockett a STAR?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
warriorgurl81 said:
man not good. hes innocent until proven guilty i say, but if he is found to be guilty, then bye bye

Has he been charged? No he hasn't. I just hope the cops do their investigation asap and not drag it out like the Lanfranccei (sp?) case. That delay was a disgrace.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Oh dear here we go. Well like has been said he's innocent until there is a more solid case because that little piece isn't enough to warrent much at this stage.

Women. Dumb idiotic women..

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
Are you serious ?

Yes, absolutely I'm serious. I read an article earlier in the year (or maybe last year) where alot of women said they are always keen to bag an NRL player coz they are easy targets. They like to be where the players at and gain their attention. It is all part of the ploy.

Bag a league man and suddenly you are part of the in-crowd. So while much can be said about the player being a little silly (in some cases they are) but the women are not as innocent as they seem.

It doesn't mean this case relates the same to the article I read but I think it is cynical to assume the women is always the innocent party.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Oh dear here we go. Well like has been said he's innocent until there is a more solid case because that little piece isn't enough to warrent much at this stage.

Same applies to the woman as it applies to Crockett: Innocent until proven guilty.

morri (cWo)

First Grade

:roll: o god

JJ

Immortal
no it doesn't - even if an alleged offence isn't charged, it doesn't mean the complainant is guitly of anything. Often claims of sexual offending do not proceed, that doesn't mean the complaint was false - again I am not commenting at all on Crockett's case, I know nothing about it and don't claim too.

Byrne-Rovelli fan - that is just about the most obnoxious sh*t I've ever read.

And there you are with pics of you snuggling up to Warriors proclaiming the best day of your life and who the sexiest Warriors are - FFS :roll:

JJ

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
omg JJ's a feminazi

:lol: nope, but astounded by your stupidity today mate - but their you go, life's full of little surprises. Your arrogant little one-liners are usually pretty decent, buit not in this case.

Again, not sure which is stupider, suggesting it's a "witch hunt", or assuming it's all down to "stupid women".

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The Western world is gripped by sex-crime hysteria as a guilty reaction to centuries of supposed female oppression.

There's another obnoxious one-liner for you, but ffs I don't want this to end up in 4C.

Latest posts