What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another "Mullen is going to step up" article

perverse

Referee
what surprised me more than the fact he did a grubber was how good it was. where the f**k have they been? Bennett surely can't be the first coach to mention to him that repeat sets are awesome.

hopefully it's a sign that Bennett has finally gotten through to him about controlling the pace of a game. his increased frequency in kicking for touch backs that up, too. Mullo seems to have worked out that you don't have to score off every set to get a positive result. that's something our team has really struggled with in the past.

Yosh

Coach
Jeez mullen should get on here more often... We've been screaming for years for repeat sets...

Bang

Juniors

Been lurking around your forum since you signed Scott and started taking to King and have been hearing so big wraps on Will Smith comparing his style of play to Anthony Mundine.

Both the Knights and the Sharks seem to have an abundance of talented young 6's and 7's.

Who do you guys think is your best young playmaker?

billy2

Juniors
Been lurking around your forum since you signed Scott and started taking to King and have been hearing so big wraps on Will Smith comparing his style of play to Anthony Mundine.

Both the Knights and the Sharks seem to have an abundance of talented young 6's and 7's.

Who do you guys think is your best young playmaker?
Tom Rouse > Ryan Stig > Will Smith > Tyrone Roberts > Kurt Mann - but even Kurt Mann is pretty good - and Tyrone Walsh and Travis Edwards in Mathews are going to be good too.
Tyrone Walsh is bigger than Luke and looks to be developing all his skills - and Travis Edwards is actually better than Walsh.

macavity

Referee
No way on earth Stig is better than any of the others you mentioned talent wise. The guy is a worker but pretty limited.

Bang

Juniors
From what I've heard Tom Rouse is the one that makes every one around him look better plus has very good game management.

Nice situation for Newcastle to be in.

billy2

Juniors
From what I've heard Tom Rouse is the one that makes every one around him look better plus has very good game management.

Nice situation for Newcastle to be in.
I can watch playmakers and with ordinary ones I can tell what they will do next - with good ones i can work out what they did afterwards - with ones like Joey and Rouse all i can tell you is shit happens when they get near the ball.

RABK

Referee
Mullen was f**king ordinary for 6 years then because i correctly predicted the cross field bomb as 95% of his plays.

hugzy

Juniors
His best play last week was beating the kick rusher and roll the ball into the in goal. Done that probably 5 times in the last 6 years

Mullo has adopted the KISS principle and discovered that is the basis of why Cronk and JT are the best in the business. Build pressure through patience and the correct kicking option available at the time.

RABK

Referee
2 games in guys. Mullo has a long way to go to make up for and prove changes have happened from the 5 or 6 years of dumb football for the most part.