What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Reason to hate Ricky Stuart

Parra Guru

Coach
:lol: Wasn't it your coach pointing the finger at the ref?

And wasn't it also your coach who is sending us a bill for the hole he put in our coaches box?

lovethesharks said:
Blame the ref all you like if they arnt good enough to beat that 3rd dtrong sharks team - they obviously played poorly

When Ricky Stuart spends more time teaching his players how to hold down, hold back and interrupt the play the ball rather than how to use a football constructively . . .

You know the quality of your team is well below sh*te.

Unfortunately, this performance was able to outsmart a second-string referee who wouldn't know how to stamp authority on a game.

Couple this with a poor Eels performance, and an anomaly like last night occurs.

That's the sad thing with the Sharks - we probably played one of our worst three games all season, you played probably your best, and in the end it all came down to Ricky's poor-sportsmanlike tactics and a gutless referee.

Poupou Escobar said:
Just like the Roosters of 5 years ago, the 2007 Sharks are a pretty grubby team.

But there's two ways of looking at it - I more or less agree with Daley when he said "If you can get away with it it's smart play" or words to that effect.

The Sharks figured the ref out and pushed the boundaries of what he would allow. They played the conditions (including the ref) better than us.

And he did make some shocking calls against both sides. No wonder both teams looked frustrated.

The Sharks did get penalised for one of our guys trying to offload (I think it might've been Cannings) and once Robinson called line dropout against the Sharks despite Ben Smith knocking the ball on to Covell's boot.

There were countless bad calls against us too.

I think we should just write the game off and move on to next week.
i disagree its cheating (not just the sharks last night but whoever and whenever) the fact that you got away with it doesn't change that

spiderdan

Bench
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
That must have been some handy bucks?
a mate and i had a $5 ticket on and got all games except panthers v raiders.

we went panthers 1-12 and they were up by 12 with 30 seconds to go when stuart gave away a penalty from a 20m restart. graham mckay potted a penalty goal to win the game by 14. from memory the dividend paid $435 or there about.

not sure what it would've paid with panthers 1-12 but if regular margins trends are anything to go by 5x that woulda been nice.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
stop this crap about 3rd string Cronulla team, thats absolutely BULLCRAP

if they were 3rd string they would be Flegg players but NO they are not, the starting 13 plus one on the bench are all part of the 2007 NRL Squad with the 3 others apart from Ben Ross being from PL, youve been hit by injuries, yes but so have many clubs, dont make crap up to make your win seem like more than it was.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stuart also brought that fat slug back from England last year and played him ahead of Jarryd,another reason to hate him.

Nikki

Coach
Parra Guru said:
:lol: Wasn't it your coach pointing the finger at the ref?

And wasn't it also your coach who is sending us a bill for the hole he put in our coaches box?

I just saw that on the news. And he had the nerve to bring his team into OUR pub after the game :x

:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ricky is a good coach and a great player, but he is abit of a wank, even Sharkies and Roosters mates tell me that.

Frailty

First Grade
apart from a few here, the general gist of these posts seem to fit the mold of a typical parramatta supporter.... It's the referees fault!

Let's just get down to it, the game was poorly refereed BOTH ways, and we just maintained the pressure for 85 minutes. Parra turned up expecting a win, and didn't play with any heart or tenacity.

Frailty said:
apart from a few here, the general gist of these posts seem to fit the mold of a typical parramatta supporter.... It's the referees fault!

Let's just get down to it, the game was poorly refereed BOTH ways, and we just maintained the pressure for 85 minutes. Parra turned up expecting a win, and didn't play with any heart or tenacity.

The gist of my comments, is that Ricky Stuart is a deadset wanker and kidding himself if he thinks the ref could have "lost him the game".

In my opinion, if the ref had any backbone and stamped his authority early on the cynical, interfering and spoiling tactics that he coached his side to do, it could well have been a different story.

Case in point, from the SMH story posted elsewhere here:

"but Robinson made some poor decisions that affected both sides. His worst call was when he penalised replacement Eels hooker P.J. Marsh in the 33rd minute."

Ergo . . . Stuart is a wanker., thinking he was the one most hard done by

Frailty

First Grade
Case in point, from the SMH story posted elsewhere here:

"but Robinson made some poor decisions that affected both sides. His worst call was when he penalised replacement Eels hooker P.J. Marsh in the 33rd minute."

Ergo . . . Stuart is a wanker., thinking he was the one most hard done by

Actually you will find he is just saying the standard of refereeing has been down ALL year OVERALL. And not just for his team. Note he didn't go into specifics about poor decisions, but merely stated that they existed.

Frailty

First Grade
The gist of my comments, is that Ricky Stuart is a deadset wanker and kidding himself if he thinks the ref could have "lost him the game".

In my opinion, if the ref had any backbone and stamped his authority early on the cynical, interfering and spoiling tactics that he coached his side to do, it could well have been a different story.

I know th gist of your comments... But as I said before its trying to imply that the referee cost you the game. Which most would argue is wrong.

Frailty said:
I know th gist of your comments... But as I said before its trying to imply that the referee cost you the game. Which most would argue is wrong.

I agree that it didn't cost us the game.

But Ricky Stuart really gets my goat with his Prima Donna act and "woe is us" rubbish.

I think it is extremely rich for him to bring the refereeing up, as I think the decisions against the Eels were more crucial than the ones against the Sharks.

In fact I can only think of two dropped Eels balls which were called as strips, and a dodgy knock on call, as opposed to the PJ decision which was crucial, as well as the Sharks game plan of lying all over the players, and interfering with defenders and the play the ball as much as they could.

It annoys me that Ricky coached his team to spoil and niggle instead of to play football. It pisses me off supremely, when he is the one crying foul about the refereeing.

For mine his tactics and his after match carry on, has shown that he has all the integrity and honour of a rat's anal passage.

Latest posts