What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another season over

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
well, its back to the Cricket
2311788766_7b245a6452.jpg
can we get simons in dragons Jersey?:lol:

Last edited:

dragonfan1

Juniors
End of an era as Dragons bow out
By Steve Jancetic
AAP

Like so many other campaigns during their 10 years in the NRL, it wasn't meant to end this way for St George Illawarra.
But as referee Shayne Hayne blew his whistle for fulltime in Manly's 38-6 victory, he not only brought a close to the Dragons' season, he also called time on an era which failed to deliver.
While it has been well documented coach Nathan Brown, captain Mark Gasnier and veteran prop Jason Ryles will no longer be part of the joint venture club, Saturday night's loss also signalled the end in the red and white for Josh Morris, Lagi Setu, Ben Rogers and Kirk Reynoldson.
Two others that didn't play, hookers Simon Woolford and Rangi Chase, are also gone.
The era under Brown will forever be seen as one in which the Dragons underachieved, no premierships with one of the best rosters in the game.

This article from nrl.com sums the dragons' time under nathan brown.

timma

Juniors
I'm really looking forward to next season

I love playen at our real home KOGARAH , and Bennett has done a major clean out which was needed . Bennett can make us a very competive team and i can't wait .

2009 - year of the DRAGON

gregstar

Referee
in the unfortunate result that was last night, spaz & quentin really put in.

hymie & junior albert were great.

but how bad is it to see lager settwo go?!!!! anyone get the feeling he'll go places at the chess pieces?

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
i love the way the broncos played, aggression, a war, if this is what Bennet is Bringing then bring it on, cant wait

This Year?

Immortal
in the unfortunate result that was last night, spaz & quentin really put in.

hymie & junior albert were great.

but how bad is it to see lager settwo go?!!!! anyone get the feeling he'll go places at the chess pieces?

I think he will.....just like that other second rower that used to play for us.

bazookabarry

Juniors
glad its over in a way but dissapointed for gaz, ryles and browny. here,s hoping bennett can coach the saints to a title next year.:(

Saintsman

Juniors
im f**king guttered to be honest

to think two more measly points during the year and we would still be alive next week, but instead we're gone first up

ive got nothing, i dont even know how to describe it really

empty empty feeling

So many close games to. Loss against sharks in golden point, loss against parra 19-19, loss against sharks 13-12. But thats footy I guess. Cant win 'em all.

Anyway next year is a new season, new coach, new good players and Jamie Soward. I think we all have high hopes.

Okay realistically we all knew we weren’t going to too much this year so no need for any wrist slitting.

Was certainly disappointing to see such an inept effort in attack last night. I dont think we'll ever really know why Brown replaced Soward with Rogers.

There have been positives this season, Nightingale, Soward, Morris all comming into their own. I'm really looking forward to having a team less the "super stars' of Gasnier and to a lesser extent Ryles, nothing against those two personally.

Wayne Bennett assumes the most important role in world sport next year and their are exciting times ahead.

Dave Q

Coach
Okay realistically we all knew we weren’t going to too much this year so no need for any wrist slitting.

Was certainly disappointing to see such an inept effort in attack last night. I dont think we'll ever really know why Brown replaced Soward with Rogers.

There have been positives this season, Nightingale, Soward, Morris all comming into their own. I'm really looking forward to having a team less the "super stars' of Gasnier and to a lesser extent Ryles, nothing against those two personally.

Wayne Bennett assumes the most important role in world sport next year and their are exciting times ahead.[/quote]

I love that kind of talk.

Now I agree that Its hard to find a more compelling club to keep an eye on next year ( except for the bunnies of course...we are now ready to unleash our wave of marquee signings).

Theres some great playerss coming to Saints next year.

Win lose or draw, its going to be huge.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To be honest if you told me at the start of the season we'd finish 7th I would have been happy.
Well I can't find any redemption in coming 7th.

I wouldn't even accept a top four spot as being good enough.

Runners up is barely acceptable as it shows we were true contenders, but in my books coming second is not a successful season either.

grandorient

Bench
FA*RK ME,

I'm like the others, 2009 is another year and indeed I am confident even now.

But that doesn't help the dissapointment for this year. What am I going to do for the rest of September, thinking what might have been. Fa*rk me, fa*rk me. sob, sob.

Others here are saying we did well to make the 8, I believe we should have gone further. If you look at our roster and what Brownie had to play with, well I shakes me head.

Our backs were as good as good as any and better than most. The forwards were also good enough to take it up to any other team. But what happened, we were mediocre at best. Brownie you bloody imbecile.

I couldn't believe Saturday night, I still can't bloody believe it. It reminded me a bit of the last game against the Eels at ANZ. The Eels simply didn't get off the bus.

O'h well, there is always next year, must remember to renew my script for my blood pressure tablets.

Go you mighty Dragons.

GO

Potsie

Juniors
Bye Bye Brown. The only good thing about the end of the year is the knowledge that he is going. One of the most useless coaches ever to guide the great dragons.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well... onwards and upwards.

2009: new coach, fresh troops, back to Kogarah.

Saintsman

Juniors
Well... onwards and upwards.

2009: new coach, fresh troops, back to Kogarah.

Cant blame ANZ for our bad season, we won 7 from 9 there all season IIRC. We won 5 outta our 6 home games there too.

Dont get me wrong, I hate ANZ, I'm just saying lol. But coming back to Kogragh should add an extra spark.

BTW I walked past OKI saturday. The new stand is looking awesome!! The bit above where I sit is looking a bit like one of the top sections in Brooky. The stand near one end of the ground.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just reading back.... nope, I'm not blaming Homebush for any losses. You had me going there for a sec Saintsman.

And yep, definitely looking forward to going to Jubilee next year.

Jasdragon

Juniors
That's the only real flogging we have copped all year can't believe the boys saved that effort for a semi :(. I can't wait for Bennett to get here, I love Brownie as a player and bloke but as a coach he is sh*t, f**king Rodgers over Soward :crazy:.