What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another set back for Loko

Ron Jeremy

Coach
And this Loko guy - I have yet to see anything from him to suggest he is even first grade quality

Gronk

Staff member
Dave Woods, Paul Mares, Jacob Loko, Adam Ritson - we've had a bunch of them over the years.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
David woods could of been a great player.He had such skill.Shame centres aren't like that anymore.

what exact skill did he have? he was an absolute turnstile in defense, I never once saw him pass or kick a ball, the only thing he was capable of was hitting a hole.

after he left Parramatta, clubs were falling over themselves to sign him, oh wait no they weren't lol

Tone83

Juniors
lol what has he actually done? and for a big guy he seems to get put on his arse quite often one on one by much smaller backs
Ok so you haven't seen him play. That's the one area that can't be criticised, he is never ever tackled by one man, he breaks a tackle pretty much every time he gets the ball and usually has a pack of 3 or 4 defenders dragging behind him before he goes down.

Choose anything else to criticise and you may have a point.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think Loko is almost a 'clone' of the type of player Tony Williams is. I think he is far too one dimensional to make it as a great centre.

I think Loko is almost a 'clone' of the type of player Tony Williams is. I think he is far too one dimensional to make it as a great centre.

I was just thinking the same thing. Too many of his "tackle breaks" are him standing still, and shrugging people off, just like Williams. If only they got the ball with a head of steam up, they'd both be so much more dangerous.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ok so you haven't seen him play. That's the one area that can't be criticised, he is never ever tackled by one man, he breaks a tackle pretty much every time he gets the ball and usually has a pack of 3 or 4 defenders dragging behind him before he goes down.

Don't worry about Ron, his love for the game has diminished since his favourite player of all time Burty retired.

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Brett Plowman had the same effect on the opposition too lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Don't worry about Ron, his love for the game has diminished since his favourite player of all time Burty retired.

I will say one thing about Burty, atleast he wasn't your typical dumb bogan player, game has gone to utter shit in the past 3 years, and that isn't just because Parra are shit, the whole game is run by a boys club, the people voted in a f**king board with no cred's just bacause they were good guys and they played for the club. We still have fans cry about no more grass hills, and crying when we play games at bigger venue to accomodate more fans etc the game whilst supported by vastly bogans will never progress - fancy having a f**king plumber running our club, and a guy that busks for a living and a guy living with his parents - that is why my love for the game has diminished.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
and also, people complain about no shoulder charges like the game was all dependent on it, yet if we bring back diving at someone knee they would cry - anyone see the Gronkowski tackle in the NFL today fmd, if that happened over here the guy would be rubbed out for a year, sickening.

Tone83

Juniors
We still have fans cry about no more grass hills, and crying when we play games at bigger venue to accomodate more fans etc the game whilst supported by vastly bogans will never progress
What's good about a big empty stadium? A full crowd at any venue is better than an empty one at any other venue.

Reg season club matches with no special rivalry or anything that aren't expected to get big crowds should take place at suburban grounds with hills and etc, saving the stadiums for big games. The top priority like I said should be full stands in the background on TV. The images are what last, and the highlights of these images are what promote the game. An amazing display of athleticism with a big swathe of empty seats in the background and the highlight is ruined, the moment in history is ruined, you can't present that footage to the world because they'll just laugh at the amateur nature of the game with no crowd.

You're way off topic, but poorly reasoned views are poorly reasoned views and must be addressed.

Also Burt was shit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I will say one thing about Burty, atleast he wasn't your typical dumb bogan player, game has gone to utter shit in the past 3 years, and that isn't just because Parra are shit, the whole game is run by a boys club, the people voted in a f**king board with no cred's just bacause they were good guys and they played for the club. We still have fans cry about no more grass hills, and crying when we play games at bigger venue to accomodate more fans etc the game whilst supported by vastly bogans will never progress - fancy having a f**king plumber running our club, and a guy that busks for a living and a guy living with his parents - that is why my love for the game has diminished.
Woodstock or old crow???

Ron Jeremy

Coach
What's good about a big empty stadium? A full crowd at any venue is better than an empty one at any other venue.

Reg season club matches with no special rivalry or anything that aren't expected to get big crowds should take place at suburban grounds with hills and etc, saving the stadiums for big games. The top priority like I said should be full stands in the background on TV. The images are what last, and the highlights of these images are what promote the game. An amazing display of athleticism with a big swathe of empty seats in the background and the highlight is ruined, the moment in history is ruined, you can't present that footage to the world because they'll just laugh at the amateur nature of the game with no crowd.

You're way off topic, but poorly reasoned views are poorly reasoned views and must be addressed.

Also Burt was shit.

Yeah yeah let's just reduce parts stadium to a 14,000 seat stadium - then it will always be fu. We could also have grass hills brought back together with BBQ areas on there in conjunction with meat raffles lol

Every other professional sport is thinking bigger and better, yet league fans think shittier and old school.

Is state bank still around? Maybe we can get them back in board and they can give there $100 for mom performances in the state bank big game lol
Would you much rather is play at grounds like brookie lol

Everything i stated is true, and yes was shit no arguments from me there lol