What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 INJURES & SUSPENSIONS

shadowboxer

First Grade
Toby, I would have been happy to seen him gone last year, but he has had some real impact when he’s played this year, I get it not that often. But watching him on Sunday, he was looking like his days of comparison to that Aquaman bloke.
Hopefully gets fit and gets back out there

Toby, I would have been happy to seen him gone last year, but he has had some real impact when he’s played this year, I get it not that often. But watching him on Sunday, he was looking like his days of comparison to that Aquaman bloke.
Hopefully gets fit and gets back out there
He looks like he has put on a couple of kilos.
He has learnt not to get as upright when tackled he hasnt been getting pushed back this year

Think Toby has had the most impact he's had for a long time in the past 2 games he's played (with the week off in the middle) What I find interesting is the improvement in the pigs across the board since AFB was announced. Kafusi...Tom and Tuks have come along in leaps and bounds and even Toby in this last few weeks. Co-incidence ....maybe.
Competition is a wonderful thing.

Not from just the AFB signing but the depth we finally have in the Pigs. They want to be in the 17. They’re not stupid you have to be performing to make the 17 these days.

Also being a part of something great is always an incentive. These guys believe something really good is starting to come together.

Our pigs have improved but also makes a difference when you don’t have Hunt, Finucane and BHU defending in the middle so far this year.
Very good point.

The ruck/middle has been a lot tighter in recent times.

By no means perfect but has gotten a lot better.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Will know in 5 weeks, we face contenders.
We'll know barely more than we know now. You don't define a season at Round 14. That's the halfway point, that's all.

We don't need these next games to prove we can win. We need these games to see if what's been worked on, all the changes to game plans etc hold up under pressure. The the need to know thing is where to ramp up and tinker.

These are vital games IMO. They are benchmarking opportunities.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We'll know barely more than we know now. You don't define a season at Round 14. That's the halfway point, that's all.

We don't need these next games to prove we can win. We need these games to see if what's been worked on, all the changes to game plans etc hold up under pressure. The the need to know thing is where to ramp up and tinker.

These are vital games IMO. They are benchmarking opportunities.
Fair, but the contenders emerge, then second half of season.

Then we either win, or slink away for another year.

These next lot of games.
This is where we will see if the systems and players hold up under pressure.

Yes we have beaten what we have had to beat.

But when we have teams now attacking is inside 20 for all the 6 tackles not just basic hit ups.

And how we handle if our back 5 don't make yardage.

This is what we need to see, how do we handle this

Latest posts