What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Sponsor On Board?

antonius

Coach
Expected to be announced today that the club will recieve a two year $500,000 sponsorship from local company United Goninan, and that the money will be used for Football management. ie:- Trainers, Re-hab etc. If it is true then that really is a great bit of news for the side. I think also if it comes to fruition then a pat on the back is in order for the management (we've been critical, so lets acknowledge a positive move for a change) Mike Tyler will hold a press conference at 4.00pm this afternoon to "reveal all" Goninan have been a sponsor of the club since 1988 in some form or other.

antonius

Coach
Nuffy said:
That is good news, was it in the paper?
Yep page three of todays Newcastle Herald. They also say that another announcement re another sponsor is due next month, which will further ensure the financial viability of the club.

Doctor

Bench
I agree. Credit where it is due. If this is indeed true then the administration have to be congratulated. It seems like they're making some positive steps to rectify the club's problems. Few can doubt that the conditioning, training, rehab and other areas that money can improve, have all been in deficiency.

Let's hope this trend continues -- wouldn't it be tremendous to have a treasury awash with cash... imagine the facilities and development programmes we could put in place.

Doctor

Bench
Gene Krupa said:
Now if we could just move out of the shipping container and into something more appropriate.

I guess the feeling is that this sponsorship, if true, would fix the shipping container situation.... immediately you'd think. It's no wonder they're getting injured, with no full-time physio, an unqualified trainer and an overall lack of suitable facilities.

Nuffy

Bench
I assume they will put a full package in place, all the required support staff for the extra 10% we have been lacking, this may make more of a difference than any of us can fathom, it may be the catalyst for some great success, it may even extend the careers of some of our players.

10/10 for the management, its no surprise that I have been a vocal critic, but to be fair, these guys have done some great things in the last 8 weeks and I think our club is in a much better condition for their efforts.

I'll also give a rap to Ross Cadell publicly, I've had a bit to do with him and hes making some pretty good moves with respect to growing the clubs sponsorship base and focussing on developing best practice rather than just accepting the status quo.

I also hear that the club will be investing in the appropriate infrastructure to support the club and the new support team.

My congrats to the club and management and lets use this as the catalyst to drive further improvements

Great news for the club. Kudos to the management, they (much like the team!) have really picked up their acts over the last 6/8 weeks.

Alex28

Coach
Whilst it is a good sign, all management are doing is getting existing sponsors to top-up existing sponsorship deals - only one brand new sponsor that I know of this year. As for the shipping container - they have a good potential base to work out of at Wests don't they? Surely they would move out there for training where grounds, gym, et al are all there for them to use?

Brendon

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Whilst it is a good sign, all management are doing is getting existing sponsors to top-up existing sponsorship deals - only one brand new sponsor that I know of this year. As for the shipping container - they have a good potential base to work out of at Wests don't they? Surely they would move out there for training where grounds, gym, et al are all there for them to use?

Well spotted Alex28. Every other person seems to all of a sudden think these imbeciles we have been critical of for 19 weeks have all of a sudden grown a brain. If they were so smart they would have got these Sponsorship increases 3 or 4 years ago.

They have been outed by the media into some form of action. As positive as the news s for the club all it means is the same inept managment will have more money for frugally waste for another year or two until they lose some sponsors.

I bet all those people patting managment on the back now think we dont need Wests anymore too? Dont be fooled its the same ship of fools. They have just patched up a few leeks.

cram

Bench
I think its time that they at least upgraded the shipping container. There are some really nice ones around these days. A splash of paint, a bit of nice carpet, maybe a window or two and if we really wanted to push the budget airconditioning.

In seriousness but its great to be getting positive news out of the club. Its a shame it tool so long. The fact remains however, that someone is responsible for the debarcle of the previous months and those issues need to be fixed to ensure that the positive things remain.

~bedsy~

First Grade
It's good to see that the Knights are getting all this sponsership. It should lead to better things for next yr and yrs to come.

knights_maniac

Juniors
i jsut heard this news on 2GB + more stronger news pointing towards the merger with Wests. Once THAT happens, I will then put gratitude towards the management...This is the the second CORRECT step they have made in a while...merger with Wests will be a frog leap to success...